Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

46 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

When he took over at Forest they were heading fast towards Division 1 but he got them promoted instead and kept them in the Prem despite a batshít crazy owner.

Most of the Forest fans I know are very grateful for everything he did for them but recognised that it was time to move on because he had run out of ideas.

Ran out of ideas??? Think it's time to go the then

7 minutes ago, footballfox said:

Miracles come from unrealistic expectation do you forget the team with our target in the 2013/2014 season and was the PML champion in 2015/2016?

This is very true, but I am not sure anyone willed it into existence, but maybe they did!!

4 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

The substitutions always seem to be a bit of afterthought late in the day. Last week against Palace the  changes in the last 10-15 minutes were difficult to understand and changed the shape of the team when composure was needed. This week after a good early change the rest were done in the last 10 minutes rather than really having a go with fresh legs once the we were level and looking better.

It all just seems lacking in planning or ambition and of course several players are seeing very little first team action which cannot help morale

Notice they never seem to warm up before they come on as well because he disent give them any notice just puts them on cold

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Notice they never seem to warm up before they come on as well because he disent give them any notice just puts them on cold

Thought that when Justin took a knock. Okay in those condtions it'd be tricky to convince anyone to go out for a jog along the touchline, but no hint of Ricardo or god forbid Hamza being prepared by the coaching staff to slot into right back if needed.

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

History is being extremely kind to Dean Smith.

I think he was tactically a dinosaur and his saving grace was the “what if?” in relation to him having more time.

Look at the difference in clear style/Philosophy compared to Enzo and Cooper/Smith….you could see in pre-season under Enzo our patterns of play, how we were set up to defend/attack etc.

I’m not naive and Enzo’s stubbornness can’t be ignored but there is a reason Chelsea came calling for him and Cooper would only get a sniff there as an academy coach.

Smiths tactics at Leeds and particularly at home to Everton killed us in the end

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf most of the goals we've let in this season have come down the right, its plain as day for us a change is needed there

if we dont play Fatawu, Mav and Vardy as the front 3 for the bournemouth home game then my word; 

sad thing is, the club wont get rid of him anytime soon, he seems a nice guy, but his tactically limited and seems massively out of his depth at times

Their goal sums Justin up. He lost his man time and again. It's happened all season. There's this feeling with some that because he's banged in a couple of blinders - so did Gary Coatsworth btw - that he's an outstanding full back but I just don't see it and definitely not ahead of Ricky.

3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

I’m not sure what some people were expecting. The aim at the start of the season was just to stay up. For me, the fullbacks are the biggest issue. Justin, while athletic, just doesn’t seem to be at Premier League level, and Kristiansen has yet to impress—he makes too many mistakes for me, losing focus or giving the ball away.

We're expecting to do better with the players at his disposal against sides like Palace, Everton and maybe even Fulham. These aren't bonus fixtures, they're games we need to be winning, especially at home. And so far bizarre starting line ups combined with poor subs have cost us points in all of them. I'm giving him a chance as I said I would but with Bournemouth and Saints coming up we can't keep tossing points away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Potter would be perfect

Check his consecutive games withoutxa win record.

Also his style of play is more boring than Enzo.

What is the Love in with a very mediocre potter all about?

yes Cooper needs to step up but potter

No thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Moyes wouldn't be much different to what we are seeing now

Come on…. He would. He’s a vastly experienced manager, Cooper isn’t fit enough to sniff the sweat around his bollocks. Moyes would be a million times better than this bellend. Moyes has a proven record and I would say he would definitely keep us up. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Come on…. He would. He’s a vastly experienced manager, Cooper isn’t fit enough to sniff the sweat around his bollocks. Moyes would be a million times better than this bellend. Moyes has a proven record and I would say he would definitely keep us up. 

Wasn't Moyes not interested in managing another prem team and said he needed timeout to relax

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wasn't Moyes not interested in managing another prem team and said he needed timeout to relax

As much as I would take him over Cooper there is a massive opportunity to go and get a progressive, quality European coach. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, westernpark said:

Potter wanted the job, he just realised that it would be pointless taking it on with our current director of football. Hence his request to bring his own person in.

Sorry to disagree if he wanted the job purely on his terms, then he didn’t really really want it….try it tomorrow at work, I wasn’t this Jo, but my terms are an additional £50k……good luck with that….

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

Sorry to disagree if he wanted the job purely on his terms, then he didn’t really really want it….try it tomorrow at work, I wasn’t this Jo, but my terms are an additional £50k……good luck with that….

I’ve read this in the voice of Gerald from Clarkson’s farm.

8 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Corberan had intrest in the job.

Leicester didn't want to spend (money 4 mill) to get him and went for the much cheaper option.

So, we spend £5m on a Chelsea youth team player, but won’t spend £4m ( having got £10m for Enzo) on. The Manager, who was desperate for the job…..we have done some unbelievable things last few years, but this tops it all….

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Possibly. To be fair, Moyes isn’t the my preferred choice, but I just think he’s better than Cooper…. Which clearly isn’t hard. 

• Like 2

In all honesty, I’d rather have Mike Stowell back for the remainder of the season than persist with Cooper. The only glimpses of quality we've seen have come from individual moments, not from any tactical direction imposed by the manager.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

So, we spend £5m on a Chelsea youth team player, but won’t spend £4m ( having got £10m for Enzo) on. The Manager, who was desperate for the job…..we have done some unbelievable things last few years, but this tops it all….

This is just so frustrating isn’t it …. We really do have an incompetent Board