Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

In all honesty, I’d rather have Mike Stowell back for the remainder of the season than persist with Cooper. The only glimpses of quality we've seen have come from individual moments, not from any tactical direction imposed by the manager.

Really?  Ffs......

• Like 1

Cooper will be sacked in december when we are at the foot of the table and have been embarassed by a shocking team again. 

Rudkin will spend 4 weeks chasing potter again and will start getting desperate and will call up jessie marsch and ask how much it would take for him to leave canada. We’ll pay 6 mill in compensation and then say we can’t sign anyone in january now

fast forward to the end of august and we are booing jordan ayew as he keeps falling over before we lose to plymouth and Rooney somehow has them top and we’re sat in the relegation form again 

If we were able to get Moyes, snobbishness aside, we’d be better off for it. He would organise us for one. The question is, does the club want a Moyes to be the long term project? It be a large contract and at least 3 years. I don’t think it is. 

We’ve moved on since we were the club everyone wanted to be like. These current lot we aspire to be like have been quite innovative in their appointments. Brighton, Bournemouth showing what it is to be a forward thinking club in their approach. We don’t have that in our arsenal, we have a lazy owner flanked by an incompetent board who still can’t believe they are where they are. 

Moyes is a disciplinarian and we went down fundamentally because the players took it to easy. If the manager is not pushing those standards like Enzo. Who is ? Top “I want to play like Man City” ? He couldn’t push a cart. We’d stay up if we got him and I think quite comfortably. I don’t have faith in the club going out and getting a forward thinking, up coming coach (which would be my preference). Therefore, we need someone with experience. That is, unless one falls into our lap again.

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Cooper will be sacked in december when we are at the foot of the table and have been embarassed by a shocking team again. 

Rudkin will spend 4 weeks chasing potter again and will start getting desperate and will call up jessie marsch and ask how much it would take for him to leave canada. We’ll pay 6 mill in compensation and then say we can’t sign anyone in january now

fast forward to the end of august and we are booing jordan ayew as he keeps falling over before we lose to plymouth and Rooney somehow has them top and we’re sat in the relegation form again 

Worst. Tarot reading. Ever. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Potter didn’t bin us off. We didn’t agree to pay to release the team he wanted from their current contracts with their respective clubs. So because of this he didn’t want to take the job, which is fair enough. 

Cooper was appointed because it financially was the best option, because we were not sure what was going to happen re PRS. Potter wanted the job, we couldn’t make it happen for the reasons above. 

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

Potter wanted the job, he just realised that it would be pointless taking it on with our current director of football. Hence his request to bring his own person in.

10 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Corberan had intrest in the job.

Leicester didn't want to spend (money 4 mill) to get him and went for the much cheaper option.

Would love to know how people know the above as fact?

No doubt we had interest in the names mentioned above, but it’s obvious the impending points deduction had the final say.

Potter is sitting on a nice pension from Chelsea and Corberan seems to be a man of principle. He rejected the chance of managing Leeds who he had a mutual connection with, which to me says a lot about his character. He’s obviously backed himself to bring WBA up.

As much as the Cooper appointment is looking to be a parody, I don’t doubt the club had other targets in mind but I’m guessing they just couldn’t convince them to join us with the points deduction incoming.

IMO, I don’t think Cooper was appointed on the back of a financial decision but was just the best of a bad bunch.

For the record, I don’t think Potter or Corberan are great targets anyway and I was disappointed when they were favourites to land the job in the summer.

It feels like we got away with one by escaping the points deduction, but in reality it looks like it’s punished us already not being able to bring top targets in on the management and playing side.

Edited by Mon.is.a.god
  • Like 2

Currently this is playing out pretty much as I expected it would.  What makes it so frustrating is that it's glaringly obvious that (a) we don't need to make this half as difficult as we currently are making it to be and that (b) we should be quite a bit better off than our currently points tally shows.  Both outcomes are a direct result of Cooper.  He's a frustrating man to listen to and to watch and his team selections are just as frustrating as he is.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

Would love to know how people know the above as fact?

No doubt we had interest in the names mentioned above, but it’s obvious the impending points deduction had the final say.

Potter is sitting on a nice pension from Chelsea and Corberan seems to be a man of principle. He rejected the chance of managing Leeds who he had a mutual connection with, which to me says a lot about his character. He’s obviously backed himself to bring WBA up.

As much as the Cooper appointment is looking to be a parody, I don’t doubt the club had other targets in mind but I’m guessing they just couldn’t convince them to join us with the points deduction incoming.

IMO, I don’t think Cooper was appointed on the back of a financial decision but was just the best of a bad bunch.

For the record, I don’t think Potter or Corberan are great targets anyway and I was disappointed when they were favourites to land the job in the summer.

It feels like we got away with one by escaping the points deduction, but in reality it looks like it’s punished us already not being able to bring top targets in on the management and playing side.

The guardian and other media outlets were reporting the story RE Potter 72 hours before Cooper was announced. Ornstein also mentioned something on talksport at the time that there was a disagreement about backroom staff between us and Potter which is why the talks ended and we moved for Cooper. It was rumoured that he wanted to bring his own scouting network and we wouldn’t pay to release some of his staff from other contracts. 

Cooper was definitely third choice…. He was the only one without baggage and the club didn’t know what was happening with regards to PRS, so they aired on the side of caution and went with a guy who they believed would be good in a scrap. 

And I respectfully disagree regarding Cooper being the best of a bad bunch, if anyone thinks he and Potter are equals they’re insane, Potter a vastly superior coach to Cooper, I don’t get this weird thing some football fans have where they think some coaches are crap without any real argument, there are better coaches than Potter of course, but he laid the foundations for Brighton to succeed and he definitely isn’t crap. We turn our nose up at him, and when I mention his name to my peers they piss themselves, because they think he is far above our level.

Cooper is a diabolical manager and his appointment is a huge mistake by the board, we may as well not have one and we would be no worse off. If Cooper was ever a best of a bad bunch, I’d hate to see the bunch….. Peter Taylor would have to be one…… with Mark Magee a close second? 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we were able to get Moyes, snobbishness aside, we’d be better off for it. He would organise us for one. The question is, does the club want a Moyes to be the long term project? It be a large contract and at least 3 years. I don’t think it is. 

We’ve moved on since we were the club everyone wanted to be like. These current lot we aspire to be like have been quite innovative in their appointments. Brighton, Bournemouth showing what it is to be a forward thinking club in their approach. We don’t have that in our arsenal, we have a lazy owner flanked by an incompetent board who still can’t believe they are where they are. 

Moyes is a disciplinarian and we went down fundamentally because the players took it to easy. If the manager is not pushing those standards like Enzo. Who is ? Top “I want to play like Man City” ? He couldn’t push a cart. We’d stay up if we got him and I think quite comfortably. I don’t have faith in the club going out and getting a forward thinking, up coming coach (which would be my preference). Therefore, we need someone with experience. That is, unless one falls into our lap again.

I'd take a good manager for a year or two over a shit one. We can worry about identity once we've established ourselves back in this league. 

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The guardian and other media outlets were reporting the story RE Potter 72 hours before Cooper was announced. Ornstein also mentioned something on talksport at the time that there was a disagreement about backroom staff between us and Potter which is why the talks ended and we moved for Cooper. It was rumoured that he wanted to bring his own scouting network and we wouldn’t pay to release some of his staff from other contracts. 

Cooper was definitely third choice…. He was the only one without baggage and the club didn’t know what was happening with regards to PRS, so they aired on the side of caution and went with a guy who they believed would be good in a scrap. 

And I respectfully disagree regarding Cooper being the best of a bad bunch, if anyone thinks he and Potter are equals they’re insane, Potter a vastly superior coach to Cooper, I don’t get this weird thing some football fans have where they think some coaches are crap without any real argument, there are better coaches than Potter of course, but he laid the foundations for Brighton to succeed and he definitely isn’t crap. We turn our nose up at him, and when I mention his name to my peers they piss themselves, because they think he is far above our level.

You still haven’t got any facts to what you’re saying. You’re joining the dots and making educated guesses which is fair enough but don’t write statements as if you know the exact ins and outs of behind the scenes, it’s just embarrassing.

I’m also in the Cooper out camp so not sure what your second point is about?

Potter didn’t lay any foundation's at Brighton, their board and management behind the scenes did. In fact Chris Hughton did the hard work and got them to the promise land not the fraud Potter. The managers post Potter have far exceeded what he ever did there in terms of style of football. When we played Brighton under Potter, they weren’t anything special.

In my humble opinion the choice of Potter, Corberan and Cooper wasn’t that great and none of them excited me. I’d much rather take a punt on an up and coming manager with an identity ala Enzo but something a bit more resourceful ala Klopps style.

Edited by Mon.is.a.god