Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 minute ago, markko said:

Give him a chance. We have moulded a squad that on paper is competitive. We are in the premier League. West Ham have a few more points than us. They got rid of Moyes (someone some of you think will be better) after he won them a European trophy so his brand of football cannot be that great and they  have spent a fortune on players. Established teams have spent far more than we have to add to what they have. I don't know if he will be good enough or not but he is a decent manager and human being. He will be trying to get it right.

Thanks Mrs Cooper 😘

• Haha 2

I hope it’s a case of he just gets Arsenal and Bournemouth to save himself before the break. Based on what I’ve seen I’d rather he doesn’t get those, but if we go into the break winless in 7 he has to go surely? 

I have no faith in this club to act early though. 

24 minutes ago, markko said:

Give him a chance. We have moulded a squad that on paper is competitive. We are in the premier League. West Ham have a few more points than us. They got rid of Moyes (someone some of you think will be better) after he won them a European trophy so his brand of football cannot be that great and they  have spent a fortune on players. Established teams have spent far more than we have to add to what they have. I don't know if he will be good enough or not but he is a decent manager and human being. He will be trying to get it right.

He has been given a chance and failed. 

He is way out of his depth and Saturday just highlighted this. 

Im sorry, but there’s no defence for not attacking a 39 year old left back, and then deciding to bring Fatawu on with 88 minutes on the clock, and on his weaker side and proceed to leave Ayew on who’s completely infective.

Cooper is a shocking coach, and a hideous manager. He has got a pretty decent team at his disposal and he can’t even get the basics right. 

He should never have been appointed, it’s a monumental mistake by the club and they need to recognise this mistake very quickly and correct it. If they’ve got any sense they will be talking to his potential replacement now, and have him gone after the Walsall game. We will not win a single PL game under Cooper he’s simply well out of his depth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I know you are. But hey. FFS do you really think they are going to sack him at this moment? Get real. 

‘I know you are’. Good one. 

I know they won’t sack him as the levels of competence at board level are frighteningly low. 

I, like many, want him gone ASAP. It won’t improve under him. He’s inept.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

‘I know you are’. Good one. 

I know they won’t sack him as the levels of competence at board level are frighteningly low. 

I, like many, want him gone ASAP. It won’t improve under him. He’s inept.

I get many are frustrated. I don't think he's covered himself in glory at all at the moment being honest. He should have gone for it after the equaliser on Saturday for example. But lots of people (most?) were predicting similar results and results under Maresca had he stayed. It's still a new squad gelling and being honest, not as good as many are making out, at least not yet. This hero worship of Ricardo is a bit deluded. A good player but sadly he isn't the player he was before injuries. Bilal, as we saw on Saturday big time, and Fecundo are very inexperienced and need to be brought on. Fats has had some really poor games but suddenly everyone thinks he's George Best. Still, as I say, Cooper needs to step up and soon. I hope he does. If not, then I certainly will be agreeing with him being shown the door. But they aren't going to sack him yet whatever people post on here. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

He doesn’t appear to have any since he came.  Most managers spend any time they have out of the game working on a footballing philosophy and come back fresh and invigorated - desperate to try out new things.

The way he describes giving players responsibility sounds more like a 1980’s PE teacher throwing the ball onto the pitch and saying “have a kick about lads”, while he has a fag on the touchline.

It’s even worse when you consider he said in his first club interview that he did exactly that after he left Forest, and also that he watched back all of our games under Enzo

Either he is stupid and didn’t understand anything he saw, too arrogant to think he should change how he wants a team to play and his way is fine, or just a liar

17 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Next 3 matches will decide his fate.... Arsenal he will get a free pass but Bournemouth at home and Soton away must be a win and draw.

It's Forest at home that I'm worried about. 

Gift wrapped three points for them 

He’s got to go before the next international break…… He can’t be allowed to carry on. It’s a pain Arsenal are the next PL fixture as it’s a free hit, but we’re going to get pummelled and then we face our bogey team in Bournemouth which no doubt will be another defeat, then we’re up shit creek…… the script is written, Top just lacks the foresight his father had isn’t isn’t proactive enough. 

Sérgio Conceição a manager we were reportedly very keen on back in 2017 is currently out of work after a successful spell at Porto. If we have doubts about Cooper then acting swiftly whilst a good quality manager like that is still unattached might be a good idea. Whether Sérgio Conceição would fancy the challenge is less certain.

• Thanks 2