Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Yeah it’s very bizzare on there but it’s still mixed. 

Overall from homes games and being in with a lot of different away groups, work, friends etc I’d say it’s around 50-50 for people actively wanting him gone right now. 

Surprised how against him Facebook is as it’s usually a disabled fest

Guess the Forest connections played a part

37 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've been impressed with just how many ex top class football players, coaches and managers we have here on this messageboard.

People who know so much about the game, and are able to make such confident judgements after just a few games.

We are truly blessed!    :)

It's a football forum on the internet for people to give there opinions, no one is claiming to be an expert.

Wild

28 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's a football forum on the internet for people to give there opinions, no one is claiming to be an expert.

Wild

Wild indeed, but I would say we are experts. Chris Sutton, Robbie Savage or any other pundit doesn’t know as much about us as one of us who watches us week in week out and has done for years.

49 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A player coming out and openly saying “we weren’t up for it” for me just proves there are issues in the dressing room, you don’t come out and say something by like that if there wasn’t….. 

yea this is absolutely ridiculous. I read about what he said on here, not expecting the quote to be as bad - but it’s worse. You can’t get much more ‘throwing the manager under the bus’ than a comment like that.

It’s just so clear that he’s out of his depth and is holding us back. I’m amazed anyone would argue differently.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A player coming out and openly saying “we weren’t up for it” for me just proves there are issues in the dressing room, you don’t come out and say something by like that if there wasn’t….. 

I know what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree.

"we weren't up for it" is often just footballer's speak for "we were cr*p in the 1st half"

1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

I know what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree.

"we weren't up for it" is often just footballer's speak for "we were cr*p in the 1st half"

Then he should have said “we weren’t good enough” to say “we weren’t up for it” indicates a complete lack of fight and desire to win the game, which in all honesty was abundantly evident in that first half. 

If he doesn’t mean it like that, then don’t phrase it like that, a very poor choice of words, and normally JJ is actually quite eloquent…. He knows what he was saying. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Then he should have said “we weren’t good enough” to say “we weren’t up for it” indicates a complete lack of fight and desire to win the game, which in all honesty was abundantly evident in that first half. 

If he doesn’t mean it like that, then don’t phrase it like that, a very poor choice of words, and normally JJ is actually quite eloquent…. He knows what he was saying. 

I understand what you're saying.

But I just think that footballers know that the comment "we weren't good enough" or "we didn't play well" is so wishy-washy, that they sort of know the follow-up question is "why?".

And they have to come up with something.

They can hardly say "their left winger was really good and skinned me" or "we didn't track back and mark properly"  or "we all couldn't pass the ball properly".    So they usually end up going down the "we weren't up for it" or "we started too slowly" route.

I get what you're saying.  The way he phrased it looked poor, but I'm not sure he meant it literally.    As I said, I was there, and it didn't look like they were lazily swanning around not bothered.   We were just poor in the 1st half.   (much better in the 2nd, mind)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Hmm?       Seems like lots of people are claiming to be exactly that!

Just do the maths. Maybe 35 points for survival. After 5 we have 3 points. So 31 to go at which approx 10 are against top 6 where we very rarely get anything. That leaves us 21 matches to get 31-32 points. Or 1.4-1.5 points per match. We have NO time!

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He will get those games bare minimum. And you're right, if we don't get 2 wins from our next 5 then I can't see how they can persist with him, not without some serious signs of promise.

His tenure feels very similar to Shakespeare's in 2017/18 and they acted quickly there, probably the only time they ever have. 

Shakey had credit in the bank as well.

Record wins to start his tenure and part of the champions management team.Nevertheless he still deserves  a fair crack of the whip at least 4 more games.

23 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Just do the maths. Maybe 35 points for survival. After 5 we have 3 points. So 31 to go at which approx 10 are against top 6 where we very rarely get anything. That leaves us 21 matches to get 31-32 points. Or 1.6 points per match. We have NO time!

I feel a strongly worded letter grounded in maths coming on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given the clubs philosophy has been very much focused around the development and promotion of academy players I wonder how the now broken run of games has gone down with the clubs hierarchy, I can’t believe it won’t have gone unnoticed. 

In terms of our football identity, the style of play employed,  now the moving away from utilising the clubs own developed players, plus there is clearly some issues with certain established players, I would be shocked if the club is not concerned with how quickly Cooper has started to dismantle what has been a pretty long standing project. 

I know many say it’s too early to cut ties but given he is so out of sync with what the club has been looking to do over the past 6-7 years, whilst not really backing up his decisions with results will surely lead to a fairly hasty parting of the ways. 

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

Surprised how against him Facebook is as it’s usually a disabled fest

Guess the Forest connections played a part

I don't think there is much of a F*rest bias. 

It's just that people can see with their own eyes many of his decisions are unfathomable and there is no distinct style of play with players looking confused 

It's got alarm bells ringing of TCR who made similar non sensical decisions but for different reasons to being totally incompetent. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given the clubs philosophy has been very much focused around the development and promotion of academy players I wonder how the now broken run of games has gone down with the clubs hierarchy, I can’t believe it won’t have gone unnoticed. 

To be fair it’s only 1 game 

• Like 1