Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Need to remember that managers weren't queuing at the door to come in this summer with a potential points deduction hanging over our heads. Cooper was clearly not first choice but at least he wanted it.

He’s done his damage, now he can respectfully piss off.

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

After seeing Justin's comments, it's just another nail in the coffin for Cooper. It reflects badly on him more than anyone else - players not up for the fight against Everton, a potential relegation rival? Pathetic. 

I think you are reading way too much into it. 

• Like 2

This could reach Maynard levels of pages and we all know that (rightly or wrongly) he’ll still be here until November/December at least.

I really want to like the guy as he at least is honest but I can’t shake that he’s just not good enough for PL football.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think you are reading way too much into it. 

Perhaps. But I also think there's some context in relation to how Cooper is preparing us for games and generally managing the side. 

This early into his tenure the warning signs are there. 

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

A player coming out and openly saying “we weren’t up for it” for me just proves there are issues in the dressing room, you don’t come out and say something by like that if there wasn’t….. 

This is roughly what was said. 

"I feel like today we weren't really at it from everyone, not anyone in particular"

"I feel like we weren't really ready for the fight they were going to give us"

"We got hurt early on and put up a fight to get back into it, but it was nieve from us"

"We were expecting them to come out with fight obviously we know what they are. But I just feel like we were lacking that in the first half, and should have been a bit better from everyone in the first half".

"I feel like it's only a matter of time (a win) it's coming; just need to string it together from the start. Start of games are really important and we've put a lot of empasis on the start of games because we've let teams come onto us"

Players say this sort of stuff all the time, whether it's "we weren't at the races first half," "we came out of the blocks slowly," "we didn't get going," "we didn't show enough fight," etc. etc., etc. To suggest it's some sort of categorical proof of anything is ludicrous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Perhaps. But I also think there's some context in relation to how Cooper is preparing us for games and generally managing the side. 

This early into his tenure the warning signs are there. 

All we've heard for about 8 years is that we need more "passion and intensity", just said by various managers in different ways. Our players being a bit meh sometimes isn't a new thing. 

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is roughly what was said. 

"I feel like today we weren't really at it from everyone, not anyone in particular"

"I feel like we weren't really ready for the fight they were going to give us"

"We got hurt early on and put up a fight to get back into it, but it was nieve from us"

"We were expecting them to come out with fight obviously we know what they are. But I just feel like we were lacking that in the first half, and should have been a bit better from everyone in the first half".

"I feel like it's only a matter of time (a win) it's coming; just need to string it together from the start. Start of games are really important and we've put a lot of empasis on the start of games because we've let teams come onto us"

Players say this sort of stuff all the time, whether it's "we weren't at the races first half," "we came out of the blocks slowly," "we didn't get going," "we didn't show enough fight," etc. etc., etc. To suggest it's some sort of categorical proof of anything is ludicrous. 

'we weren't really ready for the fight they were going to give us'. 

Sorry, but surely this is quite a serious thing. And questions should be asked as to why they aren't ready? Why are they naive? 

It's not like this is a one off already under Cooper, and that we don't usually start games off slow. It's becoming a regular pattern already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, but surely this is quite a serious thing. And questions should be asked as to why they aren't ready? Why are they naive? 

It's not like this is a one off already under Cooper, and that we don't usually start games off slow. It's becoming a regular pattern already. 

Cooper is stating what everyone watching can see and his job is to pick a team and set out a plan of attack. At what point do players need to take on and dominate their opposite number. This is a good team that needs leading, but also the players must be accountable and not hide behind sloppy passes and low energy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Cooper is stating what everyone watching can see and his job is to pick a team and set out a plan of attack. At what point do players need to take on and dominate their opposite number. This is a good team that needs leading, but also the players must be accountable and not hide behind sloppy passes and low energy.

It was Justin's comments. 

Agree players must be accountable, but they need to be led properly too. 

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Everton sack Dyche and hire Southgate and we sack Cooper and appoint Dyche. I can smell it 

We would absolutely hire Dyche if he was available. It's exactly the sort of unimaginative, short-term solution that the board would love.

There has been a clamour for Dyche in the past from some fans, but if you don't like Cooper, you would detest Dyche.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was Justin's comments. 

Agree players must be accountable, but they need to be led properly too. 

Thought Justin's comments were unexpected/unhelpful and we'll see if Ricky P starts tonight and again on Saturday instead of JJ 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Getting caught off guard by another teams energy isn't exactly a new thing. He literally states that a lot of emphasis has been placed on how the team is starting slowing, which I would imagine comes from the coaches there. And they've gone and done it again. 

You can say well that's up to the manager, but the players need to sort themselves out also. We've had this issue for a long time, I watched plenty of games last season where we were utter gubbins at the start and seemed to have to warm into the game. 

44 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Be careful what you wish for with Cooper - sounds like Russell Martin is about to be available. 

I think he’d actually be quite handy with this group of players and at least he has a clear identity even if he is a massive weapon. Our squad is a lot better than Southamptons.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I really wanted him to succeed. Seems like a good bloke and I was jealous of the rapport he built in Nottingham.

I even liked that Klopp style fist pump when they won. But we need to win for him to do that. 

I'm sure Nottingham has had a few more reasons to be jealous of us than some rapport with a manager 

17 hours ago, inckley fox said:

How would you define Pearson's system in 2014-15? I couldn't. It changed every five minutes.

Being able to clearly define a system doesn't mean it's any good.

Yeah but Pearson's system in 2014-15 wasn't any good until we went to a 3-4-1-2 that was clearly defined at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm sure Nottingham has had a few more reasons to be jealous of us than some rapport with a manager 

Yeah but I think that’s our problem. We’re constantly looking back and what we have done and not thinking about what we will do.

It obviously won’t go as well for him here, but their unification behind Cooper was nuts. There are murals of him in bars etc. He had several chants and their atmosphere has improved tenfold because of that unity. 

Our fans are divided, disinterested and unenthused. I was hoping Cooper might bring a fraction of what he had there, but it’s not looking good.