Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I sent the board a letter well before they sacked Rodgers, so if it goes on like this much longer I absolutely will

I sent the board 2 letters in that season, one after the first few games and another after Christmas, detailing how Rodgers was dragging the club down and concluding that relegation was a real possibility.  The letters were acknowledged but ignored, of course.   I was (unfortunately) proved right while the board only revealed their total ignorance and ineptitude.

I applaud your intentions, but I wouldn't waste the effort again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I sent the board 2 letters in that season, one after the first few games and another after Christmas, detailing how Rodgers was dragging the club down and concluding that relegation was a real possibility.  The letters were acknowledged but ignored, of course.   I was (unfortunately) proved right while the board only revealed their total ignorance and ineptitude.

I applaud your intentions, but I wouldn't waste the effort again.

I never got an acknowledgement! 😡 

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah but I think that’s our problem. We’re constantly looking back and what we have done and not thinking about what we will do.

It obviously won’t go as well for him here, but their unification behind Cooper was nuts. There are murals of him in bars etc. He had several chants and their atmosphere has improved tenfold because of that unity. 

Our fans are divided, disinterested and unenthused. I was hoping Cooper might bring a fraction of what he had there, but it’s not looking good. 

We have three points for me which expand on this. 

1. Cooper wants to replicate all of that. So his idea is that if he employs the same methods and tactics at Forest, it will work. Reality is they expired ten games before he exited at Forest. He's came here thinking if I can get this squad of players moulded in the same way, that will be enough. 

2. Our fans are as you say those things. It's a fanbase which still haven't any hint of responsibility for that relegation two years ago. They have had zero concession and most are still pissed off with it. Cooper becomes the scapegoat and pound of flesh everyone want. Human reaction to want an answer that has never came. 

3. Whatever manager comes in faces a huge barrier in terms of actually changing things at LCFC. It takes about a year in role and the manager realises those promises uttered to him by the club hierarchy are rubbish and lies. The nature of football is unlike a day job where you ride it out cos we a;; need to pay bills. You just take the next job ala Enzo. Enzo knew it was dislodge Rudkin or whoever, make structural change or get out. The fall down of the Potter appointment symbolises that as well. He wanted to make changes above the footballing staff. (Hello Enzo, Potter & Corberan share the same agent - news travels fast). There will be one person at the moment at LCFC very happy that his name unlike the summer isn't on everyone's lips in vain. 

Whoever is the next success at LCFC has to be a strong personality - Enzo nearly had it but his inexperience at the tail end of the season proved a curse in satisfying players and fans. Led to believe more than one club came knocking post January for him. 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 minute ago, Master Fox said:

This is the spirit !! We’ve been missing. 

Yes indeed :D but seriously if the "Club directors are believed to be increasingly aware that Cooper is struggling to convince a sceptical dressing room of his methods and playing style" then it's only a matter of time before he gets the boot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Yes indeed :D but seriously if the "Club directors are believed to be increasingly aware that Cooper is struggling to convince a sceptical dressing room of his methods and playing style" then it's only a matter of time before he gets the boot.

If it’s true … how reliable is football insider 247?? I have no idea!

15 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Hmm?       Seems like lots of people are claiming to be exactly that!

You really don't have to be an expert. Just look at what his performances have shown us.

Whoever we play in the prem.

Plan A. Defend  (once behind)

Plan B play a more open attacking game ( fingers X we can do enough to get a draw)

I guess when Brian Clough said attack is the best form of defence he had no clue either.

The longer you spend defending your own 18yd box the greater the chance the opposition will score. Also the greater chance someone will make a mistake gifting them a goal.

Expert no, just common fvcking sense.

What has Cooper done yet that makes you think he will do different. No win in his last 18? Prem games. Even the forest fans complained about has tactics and they've not changed.

But hey ho I guess everyone's wrong but you. Instead of bitching at fellow fan's why don't you explain what it is you think he's doing right and why he should be given more time. Oh and five games is to early he needs more time is not the answer.

I'm making my judgement from what I've seen and listening to what forest fan's have said.

So now you tell us all what we are missing from his performance so far.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

…..

What has Cooper done yet that makes you think he will do different. No win in his last 18? Prem games. Even the forest fans complained about has tactics and they've not changed.

This constantly repeat ridiculous argument undermines the  sensible points you have to  say. lol
It just admits that moaning comes first, and context comes a distant second.

There is plenty to bash Cooper with, without trotting out tired and barely relevant statistics to be honest.

Given some of the games they've got coming up and suspecting he's not on crazy money I could see Wolves chopping O'Neill. Having said that West Ham have got much nicer games but that maybe makes the sack more likely if they don't beat Ipswich for instance. 

First manager who goes will probably force other's hands a little more but I don't feel like we're particularly close to any kind of movement yet.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah but I think that’s our problem. We’re constantly looking back and what we have done and not thinking about what we will do.

It obviously won’t go as well for him here, but their unification behind Cooper was nuts. There are murals of him in bars etc. He had several chants and their atmosphere has improved tenfold because of that unity. 

Our fans are divided, disinterested and unenthused. I was hoping Cooper might bring a fraction of what he had there, but it’s not looking good. 

Mate most clubs, like the one mentioned, won't shut up about something that happened 45 years ago. I think we're allowed to celebrate what's just happened. We have done more than most will ever do. 

I don't think us as fans celebrating that has any correlation whatsoever with the ineptitude of those running our club.

• Like 1

Let's suspend a bit of disbelief: Imagine Cooper lasts the season and keeps us up (by a fingernail, presumably, if it were to happen at all).

Next season we start poorly and are unable to progress, but we're aiming to establish ourselves again rather than merely to survive, much in the same way Aston Villa wanted with Gerrard and now Emery. So Cooper's out.

If we were to follow the Villa blueprint, who is the Emery-like figure out there who can stabilise the team and get it competing in the top half of the table again?

By that, I'm looking at established figures with good records who maybe haven't had a chance with the really elite clubs or weren't given much leeway if they did step up to that level briefly.

My first thought is Gasperini. Second is Sarri.

But who else could fit the bill?

I think the frustrating thing is when we play some attacking football we actually look quite decent, its just this clueless ditheration that I cant accept and excluding the more creative players. Its like deliberately making things hard for ourselves. Cooper has defaulted to his Forest tactics but that forest team was an abomination of shitness, this team I feel has a bit more about it.