Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

20 minutes ago, markko said:

5 games. If we win tonight we have lost twice all season. Stats can be twisted to suit if you look hard enough. The club employed him. He was probably cheap and available and actually wanted the job. We do not know about injuries/ attitude/ bugs/ tactics. You may be right but you cannot just keep sacking people. Mandaric did that and look what happened.

So what’s the alternative? Keep him and needlessly get relegated again? Or sack him and stand a chance of surviving? 

If he stays we will get relegated.

If he stays beyond Christmas we will then require a miraculous escape again. 

If he goes now we stand a chance of surviving, providing we actually bring in a decent replacement. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Who knows how true this is, it's the 3rd or 4th report so no smoke without fire...

I dont think its something that would just be made up...but my guess would be agents of unhappy players? Verstagaard maybe?

Something just doesn't feel right does it, I'm pretty open in my views, I think hes a nice honest guy, I hope he is successful but I think its going to be in the football league.

But I have never seen so many people so quickly want a  manager out. I said at the time of his appointment it made no sense because he was never getting time here, he had to hit the ground running or fans would be on him quicker than you'd imagine and it's turned out the be the case. 

He hasn't helped himself by dropping some absolute clangers but all round

a really silly appointment from the off that wasn't really thought through.

Edited by Iwebema

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So what’s the alternative? Keep him and needlessly get relegated again? Or sack him and stand a chance of surviving? 

If he stays we will get relegated.

If he stays beyond Christmas we will then require a miraculous escape again. 

If he goes now we stand a chance of surviving, providing we actually bring in a decent replacement. 

Okay then. You are Top. You sack Cooper tonight. Have to pay him off and his staff. Who are employing?

8 minutes ago, markko said:

Okay then. You are Top. You sack Cooper tonight. Have to pay him off and his staff. Who are employing?

Personally if I were Top I'd have a competent director of football and ideally also some sort of succession plan in place to help me make that decision

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, markko said:

Brilliant thoughtful response.

Cheer up mate.

I was merely joking, at that part I put in bold of your comment about him trying.

You say it like he’s a Dad stepping up for an U11 Sunday team not a overly paid PL manager.

I can’t see how anyone can defend anything that Cooper has done here whether a lackluster pre-season, apparent obsession with “PL experience” and his OTT cautious attitude towards everything match day.

1 hour ago, markko said:

Potter would be choice number one.

Corberan would also be a major consideration, however, I don’t think that’s achievable at the moment….

Moyes would be a serious consideration, even if it’s purely for short term stability. 

Niko Kovac would also be hight on the list too, I think he’s a promising young managers. 

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Potter would be choice number one.

Corberan would also be a major consideration, however, I don’t think that’s achievable at the moment….

Moyes would be a serious consideration, even if it’s purely for short term stability. 

Niko Kovac would also be hight on the list too, I think he’s a promising young managers. 

Moyes would absolutely keep us up 

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

how the club came to the conclusion Cooper was the right man is really mind boggling 

was so many better options out there we should have gone for

You’re assuming that the people making those decisions aren’t complete idiots

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

So, how exactly did Cooper end up in professional football management?

I'm so bemused. 

Don't Forest fans still love him for something? 

only love him because he somehow got them out of the championship. even then they had to rob huddersfield in the final

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

So, how exactly did Cooper end up in professional football management?

I'm so bemused. 

Don't Forest fans still love him for something? 

The run he had that took Forest from bottom of the championship, to battling for automatic promotion was genuinely sensational, and they were playing some good stuff in that period. Clearly they had little to lose and got an incredible amount of momentum. But Billy Davies did that with Derby too.

Edited by Lionator
  • Thanks 1