Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but has he been asked why he’s starting BDCR over Mavididi?

It’s just a decision I can’t wrap my head around. Bewildering.

Not sure he has, but did you hear him trying to answer why he's not playing Ricardo?

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but has he been asked why he’s starting BDCR over Mavididi?

It’s just a decision I can’t wrap my head around. Bewildering.

My interpretation is that he wants to start Vardy and is playing Stephy as striker due to not rating Cannon and Daka being buggered.

Ayew and BDCR are the left wingers in his vision.

I do not like this plan. 

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I was coming on to say this.

Rudkin as a minimum needs to go….Top can’t sack himself but he NEEDS to actually employ football people rather than someone who has wormed his way too the top and proven to be incompetent and out of his depth.

And the next manager will have the same struggles until Rudkin goes 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

No. Absolutely not.

You’re talking from an emotive stance, and these decisions must be made on facts. Getting knocked out of the FA Cup doesn’t warrant a sacking. We finished 8th that season. Behave yourself!! 

I actually want Rodgers out at the point, though it started earlier than that. So he’s not on his own. 8th that season was nowhere near where we should have finished, we had already bottled the champions league twice which wasn’t good enough given the context and how we bottled it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's a crap manager. His teams are as interesting and attractive as he is.

I don't have any anger towards him. He was offered the job and took it. But he's out of his depth and I can't imagine him having much of a Premier League career. 

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

I don't have any anger towards him. He was offered the job and took it. But he's out of his depth and I can't imagine him having much of a Premier League career. 

Grow up mate.

I don’t rate Cooper but I HATE these pathetic comments.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's a pointless thread.

We don't sack managers after 2 games and just because you don't like his tactics/selections/buys doesn't justify an out thread mid-August, it just makes us look entitled like some sort of mid-2000s AFTV cretin

To be fair, with this logic, no point of have any threads. All pointless, the club basically do the complete opposite of what we want on here. I’m not sure they factor it in, although they should 😂

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Yeah… 8th place was appalling. Yet if Cooper managed that this season you’d probably be jumping for joy!!!

Rodgers inherited the best squad we've ever had, with the players available to him 8th was an expected position at minimum.

On paper two fifth places an eighth place finish and an FA cup was great but at the end of the 21/22 season it was very clear how quickly we were declining as a team and a few of us were even frustrated at us going on a winning streak at the end of the season as it meant we weren't going to move him on despite it being needed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Yeah… 8th place was appalling. Yet if Cooper managed that this season you’d probably be jumping for joy!!!

We got knocked out the Europa league by a group with Spartak Moscow and Legia Warsaw in. Conceded from a corner near enough every game. The Spurs game where we lost after leading with 30 seconds left. All the games we conceded late goals in through poor substitutions/in game tactics.  Rodgers throwing his team under the bus after a humiliating defeat by Forest.

He deffo deserved to go. Couple of wins at the end of the season when teams were on the beach masked over that with the league position. We were challenging for Champions league the two previous seasons and fell off massively. It was time for a change.

I dont want Cooper sacked btw but Rodgers deffo should of been sacked that year. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

What a stupid, offensive comment. Are you Brad Pitt? 

• Like 3

On 10/08/2024 at 16:42, urban.spaceman said:

They're culpable for a lot of mistakes but literally none of this would have happened without the introduction of PSR. This is firmly the fault of the Premier League and their client clubs.

Psr/ffp had to come in to comply with european competition's.

It's not the prems fault. The fault fall squarely at Tops feet for allowing us to break it. Also the prem for not acting on ffp and allowing clubs like Chelsea n man c to break it for so long. Then us thinking we can just ignore it.

12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I agree that this thread about Cooper is embarrassing and the guy needs more time.

But on the Rodgers thing, that 8th place finish plastered over huge cracks. We were awful from the Autumn in 2021. We were unwatchable back then and I recall speaking to a Newcastle supporting mate when their takeover happened (I think that was in about the October 2021) and said to him I hoped they took Rodgers as we were on the slide and I could see us relegated inside 3 years if we kept him. Turns out I was overly optimistic as it was only 18 months later we went down! So by the time we lost to Forest badly in what, January 2022, we were well on the slide even if the finishing position covered over this.

• Like 3

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

What a stupid, offensive comment. Are you Brad Pitt? 

Why are people so touchy about perceived insults towards Cooper in a way we never seem to have been for other managers and players? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

My interpretation is that he wants to start Vardy and is playing Stephy as striker due to not rating Cannon and Daka being buggered.

Ayew and BDCR are the left wingers in his vision.

I do not like this plan. 

It’s a terrible plan. It’s made worse by the fact VK also isn’t that great either positionally, we lack a bit of fluidity. Attacks  are breaking down. 

I’m also not sure if he doesn’t trust Mavs work rate. 

He’s trying to play an industrious type of football, without the players do do that. 

I’m beyond frustrated with his approach as he’s basically dropped two of our best players, then moved away from an approach that successful last season. 

This season was always going to be rough, however it feels we’re basically inflict further damage to ourselves. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Perceived insults? Have a look at your post, bellend. 

Oh please. I've read worse on here every day honestly. Enough already with the faux outrage.

Go and look through the Rodgers threads and you'll find worse I'm sure.