Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Why are people so touchy about perceived insults towards Cooper in a way we never seem to have been for other managers and players. 

You criticised the way he looks. Not perceived. You need a dictionary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You criticised the way he looks. Not perceived. You need a dictionary. 

"his teams are as attractive as he is"

personally thought we played some quite pretty football in the second half vs Spurs :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

That premier league title win has really fvcked up our fan base.

Ffs this place is ruined.

the management of the club in the last half decade has been catastrophic 

• Like 3

Just now, Unabomber said:

It’s because cooper is quite ugly from a completely objective view so mocking that is genuinely offensive. It’s hard to put this point across sincerely but I think his looks are off limits and if we are mocking him it should be on results tactics etc. Mocking Rodgers is different as he does stuff like Gucci belt and brings it on himself. Cooper can’t help his looks. 

I appreciate that this is actually a fair point

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

So I’m guessing from this backlash people want to persist with his football then? lol

Nope.

However I think we look like a basket case club if we push him too soon.

8-9 games and it won’t put off other potential suitors.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m also not sure if he doesn’t trust Mavs work rate.  

This will be a huge part of it.

I can’t imagine Mav’s the type to impress in training either.

I also think Cooper feels playing two out and out wingers and a 10 would be suicide against top teams / away from home.

This is why his appointment just made no sense, he was on a hiding to nothing. He had to hit the ground running or stuff like this was likely to pick up pace far quicker than someone without the ex forest links.

Just another one to add to a long list of ill advised decision's from the powers at the top, their lack of diligence at times is breathtaking.

All I would say is, he isn't going to get sacked, nor should he be, we are already an unattractive prospect, imagine how worse than would be sacking a guy 2 games into a season where it's plain to see we are woefully short of Premier league quality up front.

Like it or not we are stuck with eachother and the best chance we have of staying up is sticking together and trying to help him get the best out of a team that is short. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes as its undeniable he made some today.

It's also now up to the club to give him some goals by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

Wasn’t always like this!

Have many people changed their opinion on him since he was appointed ?

selecting a former coach of a rival is fraught with danger - clough is an illustration of it working - are there many others??  A chunk of rhe fanbase are way less likely to give such an appointment much time if things go a bit flat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s because cooper is quite ugly from a completely objective view so mocking that is genuinely offensive. It’s hard to put this point across sincerely but I think his looks are off limits and if we are mocking him it should be on results tactics etc. Mocking Rodgers is different as he does stuff like Gucci belt and brings it on himself. Cooper can’t help his looks. 

I agree with all of this although I do think that Rodgers can't help being an arrogant twat as it's a part of his core personality 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

So I’m guessing from this backlash people want to persist with his football then? lol

Dude, it’s been two premier league games. We haven’t even lost both of them … I get everyone wants to win every week and people have a perception of losing the “right way” but wanting him out now is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

I agree with all of this although I do think that Rodgers can't help being an arrogant twat as it's a part of his core personality 

Oh yeah there too many reasons to mock that short arrogant man 

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It’s not where my position comes from. 

We gave appointed a coach with a different philosophy and style of play to that which was played under Puel, Rodgers and Maresca. 

It’s like using a blender to make pancakes. 

• Like 1