Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

So this annoyance popped in my brain and would love someone with a more tactical nous (maybe @StriderHiryu) can educate me as to why Cooper thinks an inverted winger works.

We basically have decided that the following players (who have played this role this season) Victor, JJ or Thomas are a better outlet for creating chances/goal threat than two attacking wingers.

Someone, please make it make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The boy Linacre said:

I'd take Moyes to keep us up and an extra season for stability, for one.

Can the football be any worse??  How many shots on targets in games do we have?  How many did we have against a League 2 side last night??  I was on holiday last 2 weeks but general consensus was in a game we HAD to win against a pointless rival we were clueless first half.

Also the PSR penalty is gone, we are now more attractive, with with enough time to right the ship.

Yes it can be worse. Moyes style is not really much different than Coopers. I’ve never ever liked watching any one team he’s managed! I don’t want him at all! 

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

So this annoyance popped in my brain and would love someone with a more tactical nous (maybe @StriderHiryu) can educate me as to why Cooper thinks an inverted winger works.

We basically have decided that the following players (who have played this role this season) Victor, JJ or Thomas are a better outlet for creating chances/goal threat than two attacking wingers.

Someone, please make it make sense.

It’s not just a Cooper thing, he just does it particularly badly. Inverted wingers are ‘wrong footed’ to allow them to come inside, to join with team mates in the centre, thus creating overloads. At least I thought so, but yes, resident tactics guru @StriderHiryu could perhaps shed further light on this tactical foible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

I understand why people want him gone but I’m interested to see who people think we should get instead of Cooper as I still don’t think there will be many quality managers queuing up to take the job. 

Roger Schmidt

Sergio Conceicao

Kasper Hjelmund 

David Moyes

Graham Potter

46 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

I understand why people want him gone but I’m interested to see who people think we should get instead of Cooper as I still don’t think there will be many quality managers queuing up to take the job. 

Love comments like this...it's not down to the fans to pick the manager otherwise we'd already have Potter :D. The people running our club are paid to make the big decisions and Cooper is a massively expensive wrong decision that anyone with a brain saw coming a mile off.

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s not just a Cooper thing, he just does it particularly badly. Inverted wingers are ‘wrong footed’ to allow them to come inside, to join with team mates in the centre, thus creating overloads. At least I thought so, but yes, resident tactics guru @StriderHiryu could perhaps shed further light on this tactical foible.

I need to get better at my articulation on here, I didn’t mean inverted wingers per se.

I am old school and miss wingers taking a FB on the outside and whipping in a cross (but that’s a conversation for another day)

I meant the winger lets say Ayew coming inside to offer a second number 10.

Thus meaning our attacking outlet down that side of the pitch are limited FB’s in the mould of Victor, JJ and Thomas.

I know what I’d rather defend against with the ball 20/30 yards away from my goal and that’s the aforementioned FB’s rather than Stephy/Abdul running with it.

Edited by SafewayFox

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I need to get better at my articulation on here, I didn’t mean inverted wingers per se.

I am old school and miss wingers taking a FB on the outside and whipping in a cross (but that’s a conversation for another day)

I meant the winger lets say Ayew coming inside to offer a second number 10.

Thus meaning our attacking outlet down that side of the pitch are limited FB’s in the mould of Victor, JJ and Thomas.

I know what I’d rather defend against with the ball 20/30 yards away from my goal and that’s the aforementioned FB’s rather than Stephy/Abdul running with it.

Do you mean wingers staying wide and crossing or come into the box from this wide position, or cutting inside earlier?

6 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Love comments like this...t's not down to the fans to pick the manager otherwise we'd already have Potter :D. The people running our club are paid to make the big decisions and Cooper is a massively expensive wrong decision that anyone with a brain saw coming a mile off.

Potter didn’t want to come though so it doesn’t matter if we wanted him or not. 
if us fans can’t think of someone who could realistically come in then we can’t expect our shortsighted board to make a good decision. All these foreign fancies that people are posting are never going to be appointed by our board. They simply can’t see past the end of their noses! 

1 minute ago, wignalll2007 said:

if us fans can’t think of someone who could realistically come in then we can’t expect our shortsighted board to make a good decision. All these foreign fancies that people are posting are never going to be appointed by our board. They simply can’t see past the end of their noses! 

he wanted to bring in his own recruitment and coaching teams, we didn't want to pay for that so cheaped out. got 8m to spare for Jordan Ayew to trundle around though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

You've completely misread my point on Potter. You're the type that could be offered 100 names and you'd turn your nose up at half of them despite probably not knowing who half of them are. If you are saying you'd stick with Cooper, you've lost the plot unfortunately.

17 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

starting line up of Mav, Buonanotte, Fatawu and Vardy

If he does that I would be willing to give him more time, the trouble is I don't think he will. I hope he proves me wrong though 

It feels more and more like Pearson as time goes on (minus the amazing recruitment and history to buy himself time). We had so many utter rubbish cup games under him where he made loads of changes. He felt as stubborn as an Ox and seemed to refuse to try the obvious sometimes. 

I think Cooper will (if he's given time), either through pressure building or through stumbling across it due to injury. 

• Haha 1

Got to say against teams we are looking to beat  I much prefer 1 pivot and 2 number 8’s irrespective of whether a fullback plays in Enzo’s way or Cooper’s way. We aren’t creating much in the final 3rd because two of our 3 midfielders aren’t getting high enough to help centrally. The teams see our one central outlet is a number 10 and can mark him out of the game like what happened with Buonanotte last night. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It feels more and more like Pearson as time goes on (minus the amazing recruitment and history to buy himself time). We had so many utter rubbish cup games under him where he made loads of changes. He felt as stubborn as an Ox and seemed to refuse to try the obvious sometimes. 

I think Cooper will (if he's given time), either through pressure building or through stumbling across it due to injury. 

Pearson was infinitely better than Cooper. He had players actually playing for him. Players have already downed tools for Cooper. 

52 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Sergio Conceicao 

Roger Schmidt 

Niko Kovac

Kasper Hjulmand

all free agents having just left porto, benfica, wolfsburg and Denmark respectively this summer, all massive upgrades on this PE teacher 

44 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Roger Schmidt

Sergio Conceicao

Kasper Hjelmund 

David Moyes

Graham Potter

Name someone cry the 'careful what you wish for' bunch.

Then they ignore posts naming someone.

• Thanks 2

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Pearson was infinitely better than Cooper. He had players actually playing for him. Players have already downed tools for Cooper. 

He certainly didn't to start with, remember Beckford, Danns and Mills and the like? He basically had to rebuild the team with his own players, whilst all the geniuses on here slated him left right and centre for not playing Mills and Beckford, and hammered him for signing the fat and slow centre back from Forest when we already had loads of great ones like Mills. 

Unfortunately for him, we aren't a team who was low on confidence and scratching around the arse end of the championship. We'd just got promoted, under a manager the players mostly seemed to like, so it's a going to be harder to get them onside than it was at Forest. But he was very much liked by the players there and he had all of them playing for him. 

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

second or third time ive read this... is there any evidence?

I don’t think they downed tools but I think they maybe are uninspired by him.

i do think there is some truth behind the comments about his tactics. I have no evidence but I feel the same.

Edited by teblin
  • Like 1