Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

There's been (multiple) posts from the likes of @Muzzy_no7 listing multiple available managers who we should be looking at. Posts like this just make you look a bit silly.

Just have a little browse of foxestak pal

Oh, sorry, apologies. 

I thought that we were discussing 'realistic' appointments for managers, who understand they have a whole five league games to turn the clubs on field performances around.

Edited by Barrowblue

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Waking up and he's still here. When will it end Robbie?

It doesn't end after a poor but ultimately winning display with a much-changed team away at a lower division club in the league cup. Neither does it end after a defeat away at the team that came second last season and are genuine title contenders this season. Does the end then come after one more draw or defeat against a team expected to finish in the bottom half? Possibly, but probably not. But add in a few more of those in the following weeks? Yes, then it might end. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It doesn't end after a poor but ultimately winning display with a much-changed team away at a lower division club in the league cup. Neither does it end after a defeat away at the team that came second last season and are genuine title contenders this season. Does the end then come after one more draw or defeat against a team expected to finish in the bottom half? Possibly, but probably not. But add in a few more of those in the following weeks? Yes, then it might end. 

By which point we might well be winless in 10, having already played 5 six-pointers vs direct rivals, leaving the next person 28 games to win around 10 matches...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

Oh, sorry, apologies. 

I thought that we were discussing 'realistic' appointments for managers, who understand they have a whole five league games to turn the clubs on field performances around.

You're the exact type that will moan the club didn't act sooner when we're cut adrift. 

I usually hate the argument of “but who else would come?” But in this case, who would genuinely want to work for us as a club? 

Whoever comes in has no choice but to work under the donkey that is John Rudkin and any manager with any sense (see Potter in the summer) will stay far away. 

Anyone could see this coming a mile off. Cooper shouldn’t be anywhere near a premier league club. The issue is way deeper than just a bad hire. Sack Cooper and you get someone just as cheap, because those in charge of selecting a manager have the combined football knowledge of a potato and won’t budge from their positions one bit. The club is lost at the moment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

I usually hate the argument of “but who else would come?” But in this case, who would genuinely want to work for us as a club? 

Whoever comes in has no choice but to work under the donkey that is John Rudkin and any manager with any sense (see Potter in the summer) will stay far away. 

Anyone could see this coming a mile off. Cooper shouldn’t be anywhere near a premier league club. The issue is way deeper than just a bad hire. Sack Cooper and you get someone just as cheap, because those in charge of selecting a manager have the combined football knowledge of a potato and won’t budge from their positions one bit. The club is lost at the moment. 

Young ambitious managers ala Maresca. See us as a way to improve your reputation for a year or so, which is usually about the peak of a managers powers anyway. I've said it before, if I had my way I'd only ever have a manager for 1 full season. 

• Like 1

I wanted to give him a chance but my brain is not allowing me. He’s awful no style of play well out of his depth! I’m fully 100% cooper out he relegates us it’s so easy to see. He will get till next international break I’d imagine then sack gives us time to get someone in. What’s the fastest ever premier league sack ? 

• Like 1