Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

As I said yesterday - even the useless bin men managers like Lampard and Gerrard who you wouldn't want in a million years have considerably better pl records than Cooper. This narrative of "who could you find who's better" is cobblers, as no matter what you do, it's not difficult to find someone who can beat our current incumbent and his 0% win ratio.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His tactics are really poor. From a purely objective point of view, I don't understand how he could have "watched all of Leicester's games last season" or looked at this collection of players in training and though that THIS specific setup was the way to get the most of the squad.

Inverted wingers are used throughout football these days, you cut in to take a shot. But the way Cooper has changed the system is that one of the wingers comes in narrow, and the other is not able to isolate his opposing fullback one vs one in the way we consistently did last season. So one of the biggest strenghts from last season has been removed. We are one of the worst teams in the league this season for chance creation, the fact that we struggled so badly against League 2 opposition reinforces those stats.

The fullbacks we do use to attack are totally the wrong ones if we did want to go this way. Ricardo was being told to sit, and we relied on Luke Thomas to get forwards. Insane. We wanted to make attacking subs so the first change we made was... Jordan Ayew. And then we made 4 subs with 10 minutes left, so predictably none of the new players could work their way into the game and if anything Walsall finished the stronger and we were the ones hanging on.

A blind man can see that this manager is sacking himself. The players and fans are baffled and he's out of his depth. It doesn't matter if you are Cooper in or out, this feels like an even bigger act of self sabotage than Rodgers! But this time round it's because the manager is clueless, not because he's doing it deliberately.

This was one of the most mental aspects of last night for me.

Luke ****ing Thomas bombing forward.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Young ambitious managers ala Maresca. See us as a way to improve your reputation for a year or so, which is usually about the peak of a managers powers anyway. I've said it before, if I had my way I'd only ever have a manager for 1 full season. 

That’s a massive risk though and completely unsustainable is it not?

You’d be relying on every single young, inexperienced manager to come in, hit the ground running and be hugely successful (at least enough to push us up the league). 

Maresca was a risk given his previous, small stint in management was a disaster. Thankfully it paid off, but how many times would that genuinely happen? 

Said it before but with Maresca love it or hate it you instantly saw a style of play and you knew how we were going to play. Can anyone actually tell me the style we play under Cooper? 

Id gain some respect back for the club if this international break they just admit they made a mistake (haha yeah right) and change it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Even they must be aware of negative media and fans

The only thing they will look at is the table, which says we're 15th and performing better than 5 other teams - they won't bother assessing performance or long term prospects, or fan opinion. All they care about is taking credit for the good, and shirking responsibility for the bad - so they'll all be sitting up in the boardroom convincing themselves that Steve's doing a good job, the fans are wrong and what a great appointment they've made.

I firmly think Cooper is the wrong man, but I almost think what's the point in sacking him when you've got these absolutely inept, clueless morons running the club? A director of football who is a genuine idiot and a yes man, a CEO who has overseen business decisions that would have lead us to massive points deductions if not for a technicality, and an owner who is at best out of his depth, and at worst disinterested and incompetent. They've made some absolutely honking appointments, and this is one of the worst - they'd probably sack Cooper and spend a month trying to brig Graham Potter in again, before turning to Steve ****ing Bruce or someone like that.

I can almost see the logic in appointing Cooper over Corberan if you're worried about how much you'll be able to reinforce the squad - it wouldn't just be £2m in compensation, it would be the fees for his staff too, and a manager can't be seen as an 'asset' in the same way as a player can... But then they go and spunk all that cash up the wall on a bunch of washed up PL journeymen who are holding back the younger and more talented members of the squad and offering nothing on the pitch.

• Like 2

Even if you could make an argument for him being the man for the short term (which I strongly disagree with) what long term gains are we getting from him? He has no style of play, seems to favour over the hill plodders instead of integrating youth and won't have the charisma or balls to challenge anything behind the scenes. 

Claude Puel gets a lot of stick from our fans but in my opinion he left us in a much better place than we were previously. Don't see Cooper having any positive impact on the club 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Who the **** do you think we are lol ye man just leaves the champions league finalists so he can manage James Justin get a grip 

Calm yourself.

Terzic didn’t actually come away from Dortmund with that big of a reputation. 

Remember Di Matteo won the CL.

If Terzic was truly CL final quality he would’ve been snapped up in the summer. 

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

Decent shout but already been mentioned multiple times in this thread alone 

He's very seems to be like sports science coach, very much into building and maintain fitness. Seems to get the best out of Veestergard when he plays for his country. What might appeal to the board he won a danish title with a side with the smallest budget. Think he will be managing in the premier league soon enough, maybe like an Everton or even Wolves.

10 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Said it before but with Maresca love it or hate it you instantly saw a style of play and you knew how we were going to play. Can anyone actually tell me the style we play under Cooper? 

Absolutely this. We look like 11 strangers who happen to be decent footballers but have never met each other let alone trained with each other.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His tactics are really poor. From a purely objective point of view, I don't understand how he could have "watched all of Leicester's games last season" or looked at this collection of players in training and though that THIS specific setup was the way to get the most of the squad.

Inverted wingers are used throughout football these days, you cut in to take a shot. But the way Cooper has changed the system is that one of the wingers comes in narrow, and the other is not able to isolate his opposing fullback one vs one in the way we consistently did last season. So one of the biggest strenghts from last season has been removed. We are one of the worst teams in the league this season for chance creation, the fact that we struggled so badly against League 2 opposition reinforces those stats.

The fullbacks we do use to attack are totally the wrong ones if we did want to go this way. Ricardo was being told to sit, and we relied on Luke Thomas to get forwards. Insane. We wanted to make attacking subs so the first change we made was... Jordan Ayew. And then we made 4 subs with 10 minutes left, so predictably none of the new players could work their way into the game and if anything Walsall finished the stronger and we were the ones hanging on.

A blind man can see that this manager is sacking himself. The players and fans are baffled and he's out of his depth. It doesn't matter if you are Cooper in or out, this feels like an even bigger act of self sabotage than Rodgers! But this time round it's because the manager is clueless, not because he's doing it deliberately.

That was what I meant when saying the inverted winger….Cooper’s tactics in essence (basic level compared to your detailed analysis) is that we want two number 10’s behind our striker with us forfeiting a winger for a full back.

My anger with this is last season our wingers were our biggest and most consistent attacking threat.

That’s been replaced with offensively awful FB’s. HOW can Cooper say he watched all of our games last season and come to that conclusion.

It angers me and makes any defence of Cooper inexcusable in my eyes.

• Like 1

Problem is the Leicester board only seem to want recruit managers that have already worked in England, they have never gambled appointed a manager from abroad whose yet to work in England. Sven bless him worked previously for England, Notts County and Man City. Pearson English already... Ranieri managed Chelsea a decade before, Puel managed Southampton prior, Rodgers Swansea and Liverpool. It's a pretty common theme. Enzo was their first like gamble but he was already working in England before as a coach.

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That was what I meant when saying the inverted winger….Cooper’s tactics in essence (basic level compared to your detailed analysis) is that we want two number 10’s behind our striker with us forfeiting a winger for a full back.

My anger with this is last season our wingers were our biggest and most consistent attacking threat.

That’s been replaced with offensively awful FB’s. HOW can Cooper say he watched all of our games last season and come to that conclusion.

It angers me and makes any defence of Cooper inexcusable in my eyes.

The Everton game was interesting on the winger front as JJ pushed up 2nd half and had lots space, yet it was clear the players had instructions to go left at all times and ignore the right and JJ

I wonder if we could start quietly and informally sounding people out. There is nothing more frustrating than sacking a manager and then stumbling along with no coherent plan until a replacement is found. 

I didn’t actually think Cooper was the worst appointment. My main fear was that the clear identity and philosophy (whether you liked it or not) we had under Enzo would be ripped up and we’d have to start again. That to me suggested the people who run the club had no clear strategy or vision in terms of how to take the club forward. 

A few games in, however, and I’m really struggling to see what this guys stands for. He’s not innovative, has no clear identity and doesn’t even appear to be a motivator. It’s not his fault, but the suspicion that he was the wrong guy is currently being played out on the pitch 

• Like 1