Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Maybe we can remake the straight back up song and sing every game till Cooper leaves !

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER 

LEICESTER CITY 

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER 

WE SAY 

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER LEICESTER CITY

SO WE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL THE LEICESTER WAY  ( or a better way or whatever we can play way )🤷‍♂️

sorry I tried !!😂😂😉

Edited by justfoxes

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is we weren’t playing badly under Pearson. Something just wasn't clicking, and then it did….  Here you can just tell the players aren’t having him, there’s zero cohesion at all, and no evidence of a plan. 

That is fair and it was a glib statement, here we seem to be getting progressively worse, regardless of opposition which is mind-blowing.

Same old story, you might be shite, but press us and your chances are at least decent - that is why I was so disappointed when Enzo went, he at least a plan and all the players knew it  :(

I'm still a fan of Cooper and this might sound like an excuse for him but isn't meant to be - how much do you think being a team that sets up to stop the other team affects going into games like last night?

I think back to Martin O'Neil's games against Hereford where I think it was 0-0 and the replay took extra time. It's like when you suddenly have to switch the mindset from being defensive to suddenly being on front foot they find it a lot more difficult. Despite opposition being a lot weaker. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm still a fan of Cooper and this might sound like an excuse for him but isn't meant to be - how much do you think being a team that sets up to stop the other team affects going into games like last night?

I think back to Martin O'Neil's games against Hereford where I think it was 0-0 and the replay took extra time. It's like when you suddenly have to switch the mindset from being defensive to suddenly being on front foot they find it a lot more difficult. Despite opposition being a lot weaker. 

There shouldn’t be any excuses when facing a league 2 team, even playing badly you should be able to see them off comfortably. 

The difference I can see between scenarios like MON, and latterly Pearson, is you could see what the team were trying to do, you could identify some form of plan. Sometimes it takes time to click into place and when it does you should start to see some positive results.

At the moment there doesn’t appear to be a plan, it seems like Cooper is just kicking 11 players out and letting them figure it out for themselves. 

There’s a couple of reasons why this is:

1. The players don’t understand what he wants from them, which I find unlikely.

2. The players just aren’t on board with what he is trying to do. 

And if the latter is the case, then there’s not a lot that can be done about it, if the majority of the players aren’t into his style it won’t click, unless he makes wholesale changes and they no know different. 

He's changed so much of what made us good last season, whereas you can’t get promoted and play entirely the same way (as Southampton and Ipswich are finding out) you want to at least keep the good parts of your game and adapt other parts. At the moment as @StriderHiryu has pointed out, we’ve completely gone away from what made us productive last season, and pretty much stifled our attack….. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForestAreMagic said:

Putting all of this detailed analysis aside, sometimes a manager just doesn’t fit culturally, and the fans aren’t having him.

We had it with Steve McLaren.  He was just seen, rightly or wrongly, as a ridiculous Derby fan.  We weren’t having him.  He was basically booed from the moment he arrived and he lasted about 100 days.  

I’m sure we rationalised it with guff about substitutions and playing style, but it was simpler than that - the fans didn’t want him because they just didn’t want him.  

But tbf McLaren is a poor manager. Irrespective of his links to Derby, he would’ve got the same reception at Leicester. It’s looking likely that Cooper is in the same category. I would say there’s very few of you Forest fans who would take him back. Yes there are always outliers who don’t like a manager from day over but when the majority of the fans see a problem then it usually means there is a problem. And the majority of LCFC fans see a bizarre team selection, a lack of cohesion and ideas on the pitch, negative set ups, an emphasis on our left fullback which is our weakest and least creative area and a manager commenting after a game about how poor the team performance has been as if he’s a paying fan rather than the guy that’s setting up the training, selecting the players, the tactics and (de)motivating the players to look like the bunch of National League strangers last night against Walsall. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There shouldn’t be any excuses when facing a league 2 team, even playing badly you should be able to see them off comfortably. 

The difference I can see between scenarios like MON, and latterly Pearson, is you could see what the team were trying to do, you could identify some form of plan. Sometimes it takes time to click into place and when it does you should start to see some positive results.

At the moment there doesn’t appear to be a plan, it seems like Cooper is just kicking 11 players out and letting them figure it out for themselves. 

And if the latter is the case, then there’s not a lot that can be done about it, if the majority of the players aren’t into his style it won’t click, unless he makes wholesale changes and they no know different. 

He's changed so much of what made us good last season, whereas you can’t get promoted and play entirely the same way (as Southampton and Ipswich are finding out) you want to at least keep the good parts of your game and adapt other parts. At the moment as @StriderHiryu has pointed out, we’ve completely gone away from what made us productive last season, and pretty much stifled our attack….. 

The biggest worry for me is how we start games. Bit similar to what we had with Southgate at the Euros where he's having to come out reassuring everyone that he's telling them to press. Stuff like that should be getting across as a bare minimum. 

Then we seem to get a response. There is fight in them and I do think if we see a positive result we could see a corner turned. I certainly don't think this is long enough to write his obituary but there is a big worry when players get the arse. I do think that's happened with Ricardo and a few others. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Most people suggested that playing Enzoball (naff term I know) with the players at our disposal would see us destroyed in the PL. We haven't suddenly got Man City or even Chelsea quality players, so I'd argue most realised we'd have to change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Most people suggested that playing Enzoball (naff term I know) with the players at our disposal would see us destroyed in the PL. We haven't suddenly got Man City or even Chelsea quality players, so I'd argue most realised we'd have to change. 

I'm not sure we would have had to have changed very much at all. Just add a bit more pace at the back, and quality further up the pitch. 

We beat Bournemouth away with our second string and gave ourselves an OK account vs Chelsea. 

We certainly would have looked better than we do now, regardless. 

39 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Maybe we can remake the straight back up song and sing every game till Cooper leaves !

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER 

LEICESTER CITY 

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER 

WE SAY 

SACK COOPER 

SACK COOPER LEICESTER CITY

SO WE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL THE LEICESTER WAY  ( or a better way or whatever we can play way )🤷‍♂️

sorry I tried !!😂😂😉

You Forest bastard, get out of our club.

8 hours ago, wignalll2007 said:

I understand why people want him gone but I’m interested to see who people think we should get instead of Cooper as I still don’t think there will be many quality managers queuing up to take the job. 

That’s a bit like saying “I’m going to stand in this dogshit here and not move because I’m not sure if there’s shit over there or not” 

Walsall 3rd in League Two They've won 5 of their 7 games. They're no mugs.

We were their League Cup Final at their Place.

Their First Team nearly beat our Subs apart from Ward that is. 

Don't get me wrong it wasn't pretty, But the Team that plays against Arsenal got a rest and it showed us we don't have the strength in depth that other Premiership Teams will have.

It's not Coopers fault he's been dealt a poor hand, at least he had the balls to sit at the table and is prepared to play on. 

Our Last Forest Manager  before Megson only Won 3 of his first 16 games which led to Crowd Demonstrations after Sheff Utd beat us.

Like I've said before, we haven't taken a hammering (Yet) get real people, the Guy along with the Team needs help and our support and he'll have mine until the inevitable happens. 

Edited by Chico1958
Fact check
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Walsall 3rd in League One. They've won 5 of their 7 games. They're no mugs.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't pretty, But the Team that plays against Arsenal got a rest and it showed us we don't have the strength in depth that other Premiership Teams will have.

It's not Coopers fault he's been dealt a poor hand, at least he had the balls to sit at the table and is prepared to play on. 

Our Last Forest Manager only Won 3 of his first 16 games which led to Crowd Demonstrations after Sheff Utd beat us.

Like I've said before, we haven't taken a hammering (Yet) get real people, the Guy along with the Team needs help and our support and he'll have mine until the inevitable happens. 

We do support the team, not our fault cooper is out of his depth

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Enzo ball in its entirety would have been a disaster… Cooper said it himself he wanted to make minor adjustments to what we saw last season, but he wasn’t changing a great deal. 

If there was one thing to keep working on from last season it was the wingers…. We were excellent in 1 v 1 situations last season, but this season we’ve completely abandoned that, and we’ve actually got the player profiles to still be able to do that. Also the wingbacks are being deployed completely incorrectly, Cooper seems to want to have one full back attack and one tuck inside almost as a third CB, but chooses the wrong ones for each job. 

I can’t see it turning, it’s not just one or two players though, collectively you can see that they aren’t working together, this a team only 6 months or so ago were rigid in their approach…. I know we’re in a different league, but to go from looking like a team, to a bunch of individuals in a few months I very concerning. 

5 hours ago, indierich06 said:

I do really feel for the bloke, because every time he comes out in an interview I think 'he sounds genuine, he wants to succeed - he seems to actually care'. You never hear him ducking, or making excuses, and he fronted up to the crowd's displeasure last night - it would have been easy to just throw out a bunch of excuses.

But at the same time, it's just not working - and as nice a man as he seems to be, I can't see where this upturn in performances and results are going to come from.

I couldn’t care how genuine and nice this guy sounds if he makes such clear reckless and retarded mistakes thats going to cost us relegation. Ripping up the system and dropping some of your best performers is unforgivable. Hearing his ‘tired’ excuse for Mavididi last week was one of the final straws for me.

• Like 1

Don't expect the club to muck about if the situation gets critical, as much as we think the club is a shambles we won't sit on our hands this time. I expect if we drop into the bottom three the club will make a decision quickly; Cooper doesn't have the good will and history that afforded Rodgers more time. I think where we are going into the next international break is crucial, winless and in the bottom three then I think the club will start to waver.

9 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Walsall 3rd in League One. They've won 5 of their 7 games. They're no mugs.

Our Last Forest Manager only Won 3 of his first 16 games which led to Crowd Demonstrations after Sheff Utd beat us.

they're in league two and had rotated a few players, and our last ex Forest manager was in charge for 9 games and won 3 of them. I'll give you that we've not been hammered in scoreline yet

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Are the spells even comparable? Apart from being newly promoted.

100k pw player, 70k + pw reserve players 

£20m youngster just brought. 
countless internationals in the squad not used weekly, On paper there is a lot more quality in this squad than what O’Neil miraculous had to find in the bargain bucket with a high percentage turning out to be overachievers . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Did the fans in 99 have just cause to yell "Attack!" at the players after 80 minutes of giving the Hereford goalkeeper an extended tea break?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Did the fans in 99 have just cause to yell "Attack!" at the players after 80 minutes of giving the Hereford goalkeeper an extended tea break?

I'm not sure. Im not old enough to remember. I just know that it took 210 minutes to beat a Conference team as a Premier League team under one of our best ever managers who was quite negative in style. Was just saying it happens. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is we weren’t playing badly under Pearson. Something just wasn't clicking, and then it did….  Here you can just tell the players aren’t having him, there’s zero cohesion at all, and no evidence of a plan. 

That’s revisionism IMO, we never got battered and there were a fair few games we deserved more. But we absolutely did play shit plenty of times. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

That’s revisionism IMO, we never got battered and there were a fair few games we deserved more. But we absolutely did play shit plenty of times. 

it's the absence of a plan or any cohesion. under Pearson you could see what we were attempting to do, under Cooper it's like watching a bunch of randos who met for the first time 10 minutes earlier try and play