Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

You're right, to an extent in the way of not changing much, like Ranieri, it's what the players knew, it's what they'd been doing, then you change or implement things slowly, but i'm gonna play devils advocate, if Enzo was still here or even whether he'd gone but we continued to play that way do you think we'd be better off than we currently are? 

Because I don't. And i'm being genuine there, I honestly don't think we'd have had any more than 3 points or even if we'd have 3 points at all, I also think we'd have been on the back of a few hammerings playing that way.

I think we dispatch Everton and still get maybe a win/draw at palace. The main thing is we look more dangerous in attack and theirs cohesion in our play. We had flowing passing and could retain the ball with confidence, if necessary. I seen us struggling to put 5+ passes together against Walsall last night. The amount of chances we’re creating is also alarming. It has to change quickly. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I hope it's not going to become the stuff of Leicester City lore; that the great brainchild of Maresca was abandoned before we could see the fruits of our endeavours.

The truth - factual truth - is that it was poor post-Xmas. We weren't even on promotion form. Everyone knew a new approach was needed, and most feared we were headed for relegation before the change of boss.

He’s not done bad at Chelsea so far though has he. Yes we had a dip but you could see us regaining the confidence toward the last few games of the season. It was momentum to drive forward. We’ve lost all of it with Cooper. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

That’s revisionism IMO, we never got battered and there were a fair few games we deserved more. But we absolutely did play shit plenty of times. 

But also for a team that was bottom for the majority of the season we were 1 of only 2 teams in the league that season to never be beaten by more than 2 goals, along with Arsenal, who finished 3rd

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’s not done bad at Chelsea so far though has he. Yes we had a dip but you could see us regaining the confidence toward the last few games of the season. It was momentum to drive forward. We’ve lost all of it with Cooper. 

It’s true if a bit revisionist or ignoring the mood at the time of that dip, people were in despair, claiming a repeat of previous season collapses, it was actually quite horrible how negative and hopeless people got so very quickly. Never thought Cooper would pick up and run with Enzo’s style, as football managers are largely arseholes who like to do it their own way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trooky said:

I would 100% take Enzoball over ****ing Coopers clueless turgid tactics. 

He's absolutely no idea how to set up a team.

I wouldn't take EnzoBall even though Cooper's tactics aren't working.

IMO our team still isn't good enough to implement EnzoBall too be truly affective, add in the fact the pace of the premiership and the lack of time on the ball I think our current players wouldn't cope or seriously struggle.

I think if we all noted down the starting 11 for the Gunners and also stated how we think we should play, it probably wouldn't be anything like Cooper sets us up to play and decides who he actually picks. 

We know he's going to do the same or very similar to most if not all our the past league matches... and as our current points tally and no wins as of yet show. "It ain't working me duck". 

First he needs to acknowledge this, (at present I don't think he does or wants too ) then show some flexibility and intelligence to change something and somebody.

I feel our squad is better then our resent results and points gained so far suggests, and it's just being under utilised and poorly managed.

He needs to ship up or ship out.

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

I don't think that's clear at all. The sources aren't great. And it's hardly a surprise that players who are either sidelined or encouraged to do things they'd prefer not to are feeling disgruntled. If that's even true.

What is true is that there's an immense groundswell of determination among fans that Cooper shouldn't be manager. I have plenty of my own concerns, but when most of the complaints are based on five games of largely inconclusive evidence, and then a whole load of fairly personal hatred directed at the manager, it doesn't seem like the stuff you base major decisions on.

There is a serious danger here of fans effectively making sure that this doesn't work out by creating an atmosphere of untenable negativity. If we sacked him in the next 2 or 3 games and went down, I wonder if they'd accept that their rush to judgement had played a major part in that. I ask this because there are plenty of people out there suggesting that anyone who says that five or six games isn't enough time - which is more or less the accepted wisdom in football - is complicit in our downfall. I hope they accept the same responsibility, then.

Especially bearing in mind that we've rarely moved this early in a season to change something. Under Taylor, it wasn't early enough - but only because he'd gone on a record run of awful form late in the previous season. We already had ample cause to want him gone. Under Allen, we sacked him and got relegated. Under Sousa, he had longer than 5 games and was rock bottom in the second tier after we'd finished 5th in the same league the season before.

Sacking Cooper would not be comparable. Maybe you think we need to act faster because we didn't under Rodgers, but we went down then not because we didn't act after 5 games - when we probably would have descended into even greater chaos - but because we didn't act after 15, 20, 25 games when, it turned out, we still had plenty of time to change things. And on top of that, five games into that season things were far, far worse in 22/23 than they are now.

Not reading all that but why do people keep saying 5 games? He’s had 12 games in charge and I’ve seen no signs of improvement since that crappy Shrewsbury game

• Like 2

Just now, guest123 said:

Not reading all that but why do people keep saying 5 games? He’s had 12 games in charge and I’ve seen no signs of improvement since that crappy Shrewsbury game

Because the majority of the squad was not there for 12 games, only 5, and then not even complete until the last game.

Not excusing, but let’s not make it worse than it is.  :D

13 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I wouldn't take EnzoBall even though Cooper's tactics aren't working.

IMO our team still isn't good enough to implement EnzoBall too be truly affective, add in the fact the pace of the premiership and the lack of time on the ball I think our current players wouldn't cope or seriously struggle.

I think if we all noted down the starting 11 for the Gunners and also stated how we think we should play, it probably wouldn't be anything like Cooper sets us up to play and decides who he actually picks. 

We know he's going to do the same or very similar to most if not all our the past league matches... and as our current points tally and no wins as of yet show. "It ain't working me duck". 

First he needs to acknowledge this, (at present I don't think he does or wants too ) then show some flexibility and intelligence to change something and somebody.

I feel our squad is better then our resent results and points gained so far suggests, and it's just being under utilised and poorly managed.

He needs to ship up or ship out.

I’d take enzoball and see us losing 5-3 everyday of the week than watching us look clueless in the opposition half every game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because the majority of the squad was not there for 12 games, only 5, and then not even complete until the last game.

Not excusing, but let’s not make it worse than it is.  :D

The majority of the squad have been there, but even if they werent he’s not changed anything or

shown any signs of improving anything. I’m fact I’d argue he’s lucky spurs didnt thump us or he’d be right up against it now

Edited by guest123
Spell check

Just now, guest123 said:

The majority of the squad have been there, but even if they were he’s not changed anything or

shown any signs of improving anything. I’m fact I’d argue he’s lucky spurs didnt thump us or he’d be right up against it now

Yes, the majority, but not all. I do agree that I am unconvinced it would of made much difference though!

I watch a lot of mark goldbridge who is right in saying fundamentally this is an entertainment sport. The way we are playing at the moment isn’t entertaining. I’ve been a supporter for over 20 years, but at the moment I’ve actually gone to games thinking, “it’ll be nice to see big name players in other teams”. Where on earth has that come from!? I support Leicester. I Should be excited to go and see Leicester no matter who is playing. 
The lack of excitement comes from cooper and his ‘style/tactics’. 

I don’t know who we should bring in. But what I do know is I’d sooner see us play some exciting football while going for it and lose, than play tentative boring football and still lose. 

You can have pride in a loss. Yesterday, it was embarrassing to win. 

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

I don't think that's clear at all. The sources aren't great. And it's hardly a surprise that players who are either sidelined or encouraged to do things they'd prefer not to are feeling disgruntled. If that's even true.

What is true is that there's an immense groundswell of determination among fans that Cooper shouldn't be manager. I have plenty of my own concerns, but when most of the complaints are based on five games of largely inconclusive evidence, and then a whole load of fairly personal hatred directed at the manager, it doesn't seem like the stuff you base major decisions on.

There is a serious danger here of fans effectively making sure that this doesn't work out by creating an atmosphere of untenable negativity. If we sacked him in the next 2 or 3 games and went down, I wonder if they'd accept that their rush to judgement had played a major part in that. I ask this because there are plenty of people out there suggesting that anyone who says that five or six games isn't enough time - which is more or less the accepted wisdom in football - is complicit in our downfall. I hope they accept the same responsibility, then.

Especially bearing in mind that we've rarely moved this early in a season to change something. Under Taylor, it wasn't early enough - but only because he'd gone on a record run of awful form late in the previous season. We already had ample cause to want him gone. Under Allen, we sacked him and got relegated. Under Sousa, he had longer than 5 games and was rock bottom in the second tier after we'd finished 5th in the same league the season before.

Sacking Cooper would not be comparable. Maybe you think we need to act faster because we didn't under Rodgers, but we went down then not because we didn't act after 5 games - when we probably would have descended into even greater chaos - but because we didn't act after 15, 20, 25 games when, it turned out, we still had plenty of time to change things. And on top of that, five games into that season things were far, far worse in 22/23 than they are now.

I don’t think it’s the right fit. The fanbase just don’t want him, harsh or not, it has a sense of inevitability about it. One thing is for sure though, the squad isn’t as good as plenty think 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vardyshardy said:

I watch a lot of mark goldbridge who is right in saying fundamentally this is an entertainment sport. The way we are playing at the moment isn’t entertaining. I’ve been a supporter for over 20 years, but at the moment I’ve actually gone to games thinking, “it’ll be nice to see big name players in other teams”. Where on earth has that come from!? I support Leicester. I Should be excited to go and see Leicester no matter who is playing. 

I don’t know who we should bring in. But what I do know is I’d sooner see us play some exciting football while going for it and lose, than play tentative boring football and still lose. 

You're not excited to see 90m of Ayew?

Plastic. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I don’t think it’s clear at all, in fact barring one article by some red top no mark, which clearly stated it was just players not being picked that had an issues (just as some did with Enzo), I’d say there is precisely zero evidence at this moment in time, other than in people’s heads 

They look confused, there doesn’t seem to be much of a plan. I want him to do well but I just don’t think they are having him. The first half again Everton for example; they just looked so uninspired. 

49 minutes ago, guest123 said:

So training games count? In that case we should have fired O'Neill after every pre-season. And given Taylor and Levein eight year contracts.

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

So training games count? In that case we should have fired O'Neill after every pre-season. And given Taylor and Levein eight year contracts.

I agree training games don't count, they are the platform for building for the season. Sadly, all I've seen since the start of the season is regression. The team seem to be devoid of ideas, disjointed and lacking any real attacking intent. The only positive is that they appear to run around for 90 minutes, albeit not doing very much constructive. 

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

The same will happen at Chelsea. Teams will go low block on them and they struggling to break them down as Enzo doubles down on Plan A. His training and instructions get very repetitive from 2/3rd's season onwards. 

1 hour ago, Vardyshardy said:

But it's been like this for much (not all, but much) of the last 9 years, why is everyone pissing and moaning now.

Just now, CosbehFox said:

The same will happen at Chelsea. Teams will go low block on them and they struggling to break them down as Enzo doubles down on Plan A. His training and instructions get very repetitive from 2/3rd's season onwards. 

But he now potentially has the tools (money) to circumvent this.

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Nope.

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Turned us down twice.

Consider why he turned us down twice and when he was nearly appointed, the club couldn't agree. Then you'll have the same answer on who's responsible for appointing Cooper and who will ensure that the next manager isn't fresh thinking. 

• Like 3