Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Agreed but there will still a bottle neck situation where a Tech Dir/CEO/DoF has to back players or managers. Managers are cheap to scrap. 

This is true, it cannot be a surprise if he gets boot regardless of any metric, such is The Twilight Zone of Chelsea.

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

But it's been like this for much (not all, but much) of the last 9 years, why is everyone pissing and moaning now.

I do get your point. But I’d hate to be here in another 9 years saying the same thing. 
I think we are overdue an exciting manager, if there’s still some around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Shall we put you down as ‘undecided’ on Cooper? 🤔

No joke, if he got a win or two in the bank by now I'd be happy to see where this was going. The fact he hasn't, and doesn't show any signs of delivering one any time soon, is what sends you down a stats rabbit hole trying to see if there's anything to look forward to - unfortunately for Coops, that particular cupboard is pretty damn empty.

• Like 2

Funny thing is, all this is in coopers hands. If we start to pick up, then people’s opinion will change. He can change it if he wants too … problem is there is no signs that’ll happen. I actually think we were playing better at the start of the season. Last two have been diabolical to say the least. It just feels like it’s the wrong fit. Outside looking in, it looks very harsh to be calling for his head so quickly and I do get that. But then there is the feeling amongst the fanbase that it has a sense of inevitability about it and has from the beginning. Is there a sense of entitlement amongst the fanbase? Without question. Is this squad as good as some think? No chance. But I think if we went for a Moyes type manager we’d have a much better chance. His away record for example is horrific and a real concern. 

Arsenal 0-1 Leicester Vardy 90+6 

6 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

No joke, if he got a win or two in the bank by now I'd be happy to see where this was going. The fact he hasn't, and doesn't show any signs of delivering one any time soon, is what sends you down a stats rabbit hole trying to see if there's anything to look forward to - unfortunately for Coops, that particular cupboard is pretty damn empty.

I share your pain and sentiments. Sometimes, you just know something can’t be fixed and there’s no shame in accepting that. Cooper is such a time, for me. 

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or the learn from Pearson and give him time? These types of comparisons can be taken whichever way you like, would rather they came out and set a target, but as they lack the football savvy infrastructure above the manager, they are in no position to do so.

• Haha 2

I do find it weird people saying it’s a style of play issue, we do have to be pragamatic if we’re going to stay up, or would you rather us get battered every week like Russell Martin? Realistically it’s all down to the team selection and overall game management, not necessarily the style although quite pisspoor. We should be a low block team with two amazing wingers for quick counters, but that’s the main issue he won’t play either together 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Guest said:

I would have no real issue with that style if I thought it was the best use of our players. Pragmatism is not inherently about being cautious and defensive, it means doing what makes the most sense with the tools you have at your disposal. We have ended up with what is arguably quite a top-heavy squad with a lot of creative, skilful players and even most of our better defensive players - Ricardo, Vestergaard, Winks, Hermansen etc. - are probably better with the ball than without. He's setting up like we've got a Dyche-esque squad of hard-running cloggers like Ryan Yates but despite our best attempts to build him one with the likes of Ayew and Skipp (harsh on the latter maybe) I can't see that we do, and the result is we look properly toothless without really looking solid enough defensively to make it worthwhile.

Yeah I don’t particularly disagree with that either, I think he’s got selection wrong most of the season and his game management has been shocking for the most part. The performances haven’t been that horrendous either really, Everton granted was shocking. I’m not cooper in by any stretch of the imagination but the meltdown is a bit over the top. Think he just needs to take the shackles off a little, ayew shouldnt be the option to see out the game not playing the full 90. Bournemouth and Southampton are huge now, think he’s brown bread if we don’t get 4 points out of that

• Like 1

Just watched talksport an some 60 year old Leicester supporter called Leicester a small town and basically a shitholes. I'm ****ing tired of people belittling City, Leicester the 10th biggest city in England FFS. When City fans say little Leicester, we're never going to lose that tag so stop ****ing saying it as for Cooper, sack him. Forest always get classed as a massive club, so massive their average attendance from 1889 to the present day is lower than City as is Derby.

37 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Just watched talksport a some 60 year old Leicester supporter called Leicester a small town and basically a shitholes. I'm ****ing tired of people belittling City, Leicester the 10th biggest city in England FFS. When City fans say little Leicester, we're never going to lose that tag so stop ****ing saying it as for Cooper, sack him. Forest always get classed as a massive club, so massive their average attendance from 1889 to the present day is lower than City as is Derby.

Exactly this, why can’t so called pundits see that fans want to see their club upset the bigger clubs, it really boils my piss that just because London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool are bigger cities we should all roll out a red carpet and allow them to literally go and fuvk us over. Murphy is a cvnt I remember him saying Mahrez  was too good for a club like Leicester. I’m very much Cooper out and it’s got fcvk all to do with Forest, he’s too negative playing 7 defensive players 8 including Mads then expecting 38 (almost) vardy to run the channels whilst Ayew is tripping over his bottom lip nah fvck um. Right now I’ve never been more disconnected to my club in over 30 years

• Like 2

I think after the Bournemouth and Southampton games if they is not a win in any of those two then questions need to be seriously asked. I think Bournemouth will be a loss as they are a decent side now so it will be down to the Southampton game. Both managers will be playing for their jobs in that game  

3 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Just watched talksport an some 60 year old Leicester supporter called Leicester a small town and basically a shitholes. I'm ****ing tired of people belittling City, Leicester the 10th biggest city in England FFS. When City fans say little Leicester, we're never going to lose that tag so stop ****ing saying it as for Cooper, sack him. Forest always get classed as a massive club, so massive their average attendance from 1889 to the present day is lower than City as is Derby.

Forest get classed as a massive club because their fans insist that they are and will essentially bore you into agreement. The reality is that they're pinning this 'big club' definition on three years out of 160 in existence. I actually think we should do it more.

• Like 1