Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, bovril said:

I mean you called me a bellend for a pretty innocuous post, but I am a forgiving person

Wasn't innocuous. By all means, criticise his style etc. But your comment on his physical looks was beneath contempt. So I stand by mine until it was addressed. 

• Like 2

Pointless thread, unfortunately. 

They won't want to pay him off and the list of potential replacements could look even worse than the People You May Know feature on Facebook. 

He was always the wrong appointment and we will go down without a whimper. There's little we can do about it and we're better off preparing for going back to Preston and Stoke again next season.

I've said it before and i'll say it again i can't see Cooper lasting until November. 

The signings have been poor and underwhelming in all honesty especially in comparison to Ipswich who came up with us. 

We went from being a side with an identity that looked extremely well drilled to a team that looks clueless all in the space of a couple of months. 

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Rodgers inherited the best squad we've ever had, with the players available to him 8th was an expected position at minimum.

On paper two fifth places an eighth place finish and an FA cup was great but at the end of the 21/22 season it was very clear how quickly we were declining as a team and a few of us were even frustrated at us going on a winning streak at the end of the season as it meant we weren't going to move him on despite it being needed.

If he inherited the best squad we’ve ever had, we’d have won the league again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Wasn't innocuous. By all means, criticise his style etc. But your comment on his physical looks was beneath contempt. So I stand by mine until it was addressed. 

well, he's a lot richer than I am right now, so who I am to say anything....

This thread was inevitable. The stadium will be toxic by game week 6 if we haven’t won by then, and I don’t think there will be a way back for him by then. At that point we’ll have played Fulham, palace and Everton. Arsenal we won’t get anything but then it’s Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich. If for whatever reason he gets to that point but fails to get at least 3 wins from those 4 games, his position becomes untenable.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

the management of the club in the last half decade has been catastrophic 

I'm not arguing with that and agree.

But we sound like a bunch of entitled spoilt babies.

Two awesome seasons in 140yrs yet you would think by some we had 50 titles and 50 fa cups we've seen more success in the entire history of the club and multiple thousands of our fans ever seen.

No I'm not happy with all of this but it's not Coopers fault and only had two games.

Yet 25% of this thread is personal insults some need to fvcking grow up.

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Entitled bunch of f**kers

You can be happy and appreciate the title win but also mortified by how top has run the club. Why is that so hard to understand? We went from such a strong position and completely ****ed it. Look how Brighton are run for a start, seemless transition and they have a plan. Our top brass couldn’t plan shit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishing for him out is a bit harsh really.

We got a draw against Tottenham,  who like it or not are a very good team and have gone on to beat Everton convincingly today.

Alright we've lost today, but Fulham aren't a bad team either.

The football has been far from convincing but we've got to give him time and see if things improve. It's still trial and error.

We are a point better off than where I realistically expected us after these 2 games.

Dropping points to the likes of Everton, Forest, Bournemouth,  Ipswich & Southampton will be the big red flags. We've got to get as much from them games as possible whilst sh1t housing a few results from other games along the way.

It was never going to be an easy season.  Fulham are a good team so whilst I'm not happy at the way we played, the result isn't unexpected. 

If people were expecting more from these 2 games then they need to perhaps lower their expectations. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I appreciate that this is actually a fair point

Not really.

Rodgers gets mocked for his height constantly, which literally can’t be helped any less than being ‘ugly’.

Yet when someone makes a comment about Stevie’s looks people are outraged lol

It’s always amused me anyway. Both are below the Gucci belt, I just like the differing standards on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I'm not arguing with that and agree.

But we sound like a bunch of entitled spoilt babies.

Two awesome seasons in 140yrs yet you would think by some we had 50 titles and 50 fa cups we've seen more success in the entire history of the club and multiple thousands of our fans ever seen.

No I'm not happy with all of this but it's not Coopers fault and only had two games.

Yet 25% of this thread is personal insults some need to fvcking grow up.

1 awesome season.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s not where my position comes from. 

We gave appointed a coach with a different philosophy and style of play to that which was played under Puel, Rodgers and Maresca. 

It’s like using a blender to make pancakes. 

So blame Top not Cooper.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Who do you want to replace him? 

I am guessing you have a plan and a name in mind.

Exatly.

Great post STUHILL.

Perfectly said. 

I love it when this happens.

He should be gone

He's crap

Sack him

Never should have been appointed 

Ok....atell me then...Who would you bring in?

Then it goes quiet .

It's easy to shout everything is shit, but if you have no solution to the problem you howl about then just stop crying and get on with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Well, I've certainly learned something today 

I kind of get your point. Many a chapped lip joke was made about Rodgers and how we all chuckled.

But with Cooper, well I suppose he might be considered to be a bit unusual in his looks, unconventional, whatever.  So really, it feels particularly cruel to comment on his appearance.

In summary I am surprised and disappointed in you Bovril!  

• Like 1

Not overly impressed so far but 2 games in is way too early to call for his head. Need to get the squad finalized and then see how things go over the next 15 games.

Was always going to be a tough season. Was he the right candidate to take the job I don't know? That can always be debated but then again we may not have been able to get some other targets given our situation. 

Let's hope things turn for the better. The key for us is to out perform our relegation rivals I'd say 1.25 to 1 points wise to stand a chance of not getting relegated.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m fully T Total! 

The issue is that we’ve gone away from the philosophy that Maresca built. 

I was maybe in the minority that didn’t want Maresca to go as I didn’t mind his pragmatic football. 

His non starting use of Ricardo and Mavididi is criminal.

Dread to think what the score would've been against spurs if we played the maresca way. We definitely wouldn't have got a point.

• Like 1