Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve fallen into the trap of thinking this a few times now.

Experience tells me that when the Board do sack, they will be taken completely by surprise and will commence the new manager search a week or two afterwards (when diaries allow)

As I said we could end up in a worse position.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

But that was orchestrated by Rodgers' team. They brokered the deal, they approached us.

Not sure that's true.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Brendan Rodgers was appointed five days after Claude Puel was sacked. Rodgers later revealed that he'd agreed to join us before they gave Puel the boot.

Shame we didn't remember this when we sacked bodgers.

It really does make our board of directors look like a bunch of village idiots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DZ-LCFC said:

ROB TANNER :

image.png.a0426fc76e9bb344eaefb1d60b2c5f7e.png

This is the 3rd article this week from tanner having a dig at cooper in a round about way.

Not sure what to make of that, probably nothing but everywhere I turn people don't seem to be having him other than the clappers

I don't feel like he is on the brink of being booted yet, but really don't think he'll be given excessive time here if it doesn't pick up. Not only is the current season slightly underwhelming and he doesn't have credit in the bank, but I think we've become a more attractive prospect with the threat of the points deduction removed. We can't attract better players yet with the window closed, but we could use it to upgrade the manager. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

More pr guff from Potter trying to keep his name relevant.

He’s not kidding anyone, I’m sure he’s happy sitting on his astronomical monthly credit from Chelsea. Taking that Chelsea job was the best thing that happened to him and his family.

The guy’s milking it more Danny Ward.

7 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

More pr guff from Potter trying to keep his name relevant.

He’s not kidding anyone, I’m sure he’s happy sitting on his astronomical monthly credit from Chelsea. Taking that Chelsea job was the best thing that happened to him and his family.

The guy’s milking it more Danny Ward.

or maybe he actually does want to get back into football if the project is right and the club are in agreement with his terms?

shame we couldn't have just paid the money in July rather than saving it to sign Ayew

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DZ-LCFC said:

ROB TANNER :

image.png.a0426fc76e9bb344eaefb1d60b2c5f7e.png

I found this the most interesting sentence in the Tanner article:

"Sources close to the playing squad, kept anonymous to protect relationships, suggested some players are equally unclear about the identity of the team."

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I found this the most interesting sentence in the Tanner article:

"Sources close to the playing squad, kept anonymous to protect relationships, suggested some players are equally unclear about the identity of the team."

The identity of the team? Well, it’s Leicester City, innit? Good job we don’t pay them to think. 

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Brendan Rodgers was appointed five days after Claude Puel was sacked. Rodgers later revealed that he'd agreed to join us before they gave Puel the boot.

Really? I didn’t see that Rodger’s quote. 

I was all aboard the Potter train in the summer when I felt we needed a project manager, but he takes a while to get going and would probably need a summer. We need someone who can help the players rediscover their form and give them a plan quickly. That's not Potter imo.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Apparently context is needed with a drop of perspective! There’s some serious straw clutching going on at the moment….. it’s the most disgraceful demise in football history in my opinion, because it’s entirely self inflicted…. Over £500m generated in player sales, and now we’ve got Jordon Ayew on our books……. ****ing tragic. 

We didn't inflict a heli crash on ourselves...

This teams had 5 games, I don't think it's capable of keeping clean sheets. Cooper spoke about the balance between attack and defence against Spurs, we can't sign anybody. I just feel like the old Bolton tactics of 4-5-1 into 4-3-3 on the attack with Vardy Mavididi Fatawu and a 3 of Ndidi, Skipp Winks, is a bit more workmanlike but the option of the front 3 + 1 of Ndidi or Skipp also supporting at times could be worth a try. Get the defence to play slightly higher but not too high and Mads can be a sweeper keeper where needed.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

We didn't inflict a heli crash on ourselves...

Didn’t really need to be mentioned…. We are all aware that, that undoubtedly contributed to some of the struggles. But there are other people running the club besides Top and his family. 

45 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

This teams had 5 games, I don't think it's capable of keeping clean sheets. Cooper spoke about the balance between attack and defence against Spurs, we can't sign anybody. I just feel like the old Bolton tactics of 4-5-1 into 4-3-3 on the attack with Vardy Mavididi Fatawu and a 3 of Ndidi, Skipp Winks, is a bit more workmanlike but the option of the front 3 + 1 of Ndidi or Skipp also supporting at times could be worth a try. Get the defence to play slightly higher but not too high and Mads can be a sweeper keeper where needed.

That's not far from what I thought, actually.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

I was all aboard the Potter train in the summer when I felt we needed a project manager, but he takes a while to get going and would probably need a summer. We need someone who can help the players rediscover their form and give them a plan quickly. That's not Potter imo.

this is true, and ultimately why we've ****ed up so badly by giving it to this gremlin - when you get into the midseason sacking pattern, what you inevitably end up doing is bringing in more and more firefighters and then giving them a permanent job out of decorum when they get survival (see Kelly and Shakespeare for examples).

that said, much as potter is a project manager and a builder, I would like to think that the Pontypridd Pulis hasn't managed to completely rip up the roots Enzo left in such a short time. There is a team with good passing intelligence there to unlock again which is a big part of Potters game

• Like 1