Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

33 minutes ago, Guest said:

Maybe you're right but if that is the case, what is going to change with time? The squad isn't going to be any different until January and possibly not even then, and if the problem is that the players aren't up to standard then surely you would want to get a better coach than Steve Cooper to get them playing above their level.

Maybe yeah. But surely more than 5 games should be given to him to see if he’s the one to do it. He did at Forest. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Whilst I kinda get where you’re coming from I look at differently.

For me, I find it easier to list clubs who out and out have better squads than us:

City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Spurs, United, Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham, Forest?, Fulham?, Brentford?, B’mouth?  -ones in question marks we are either close or you could make a case we match in terms of squads. 

I would certainly say we have a better squad than Ipswich, Southampton, Wolves, Everton and even Palace

Maybe we do but it’s been 5 games. Not very long. Who really knows? 

Wolves Palace and Everton 100% have better strikers than we do and that’s the hardest thing we will face to overcome; scoring enough goals. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

So you’ve asked everyone to give Cooper a chance, but yourself have written off 4 players? Interesting. 

Not writing any of them off. Saying 3/4 probably aren’t top Premier League level players in my opinion 

Edited by Dickov22

16 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Disagree, that Vardy goal v palace 9/10 strikers in the prem couldn’t do that.

he is different pedigree even at 37 

Agree. Great goal. But the all round game you need from a striker at this level is beyond his reach. You need to run the channels, give options, pull defenders out of position, have a physical presence. It’s not his fault he can’t do it by the way, the standards he sets at his age are ridiculous. We have no one close to his levels, even at 37.That’s  the issue. You can’t tell me this wasn’t something Cooper didn’t want to sort in the summer. 

Edited by Dickov22

6 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Agree. Great goal. But the all round game you need from a striker at this level is beyond his reach. You need to run the channels, give options, pull defenders out of position, have a physical presence. It’s not his fault he can’t do it by the way, the standards he sets at his age are ridiculous. We have no one close to his levels, even at 37.That’s  the issue. You can’t tell me this wasn’t something Cooper wanted to sort in the summer. 

yea he definitely has lost elements to his game through age. Be Interesting to see how many he bags this season. 10 would be amazing tbh 

4 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

yea he definitely has lost elements to his game through age. Be Interesting to see how many he bags this season. 10 would be amazing tbh 

10 goals would be super human from him, but he can do it. He’s not the problem, the problem is we have no one else as good as him and he’s nearly 38 with limitations to his game. Someone said earlier that Palace are no better than us. Ridiculous. They’ve got a brut in Mateta, a young hungry striker who moves all over the place in Nketiah and Eze. We’re nowhere near that. The other 2 forwards we have are their rejects! 

We have Daka to come back and he ain’t up to it either. 

Edited by Dickov22
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Vardy : No. brilliant goal at palace but doesn’t run channels, can’t hold it up for us. Should be sub only. Obviously a legend. Best ever. But nearly 38

Eduoard: Not after seeing him at Walsall. Hope he proves me wrong 

Okoli: Not yet. Awful distribution 

Vestergaard : No chance. Too slow 

Give them more time.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

10 goals would be super human from him, but he can do it. He’s not the problem, the problem is we have no one else as good as him and he’s nearly 38 with limitations to his game. Someone said earlier that Palace are no better than us. Ridiculous. They’ve got a brut in Mateta, a young hungry striker who moves all over the place in Nketiah and Eze. We’re nowhere near that. The other 2 forwards we have are their rejects! 

We have Daka to come back and he ain’t up to it either. 

I can see where you’re coming from re: vardy’s limitations at 37.

However, let’s not kid ourselves when comparing striker options in the PL (I say this as you brought Mateta into it).

Other than the obvious (Haaland), Liverpool’s forward line has variety/proven PL goals, Isak, Watkins (think he’s a bit limited but I’ll add him) Jackson (same as Watkins) and Duran - are there many more prolific scorers around?

He’s obviously not what he was but look who starts up top for so many sides - Welbeck (33), Wood (32), DCL (can’t stay fit), Solanke (£65m after one decent season), Jimenez (33) and so many more.

The gap has grown between the two mini leagues in the PL but a decent manager with an intent to win rather than “not to lose” could actually make a much better go of it than what we’ve seen so far.

1 hour ago, Kp1984 said:

He’s a crap manager with like 12 wins in 60 somthing games. Something close to that anyway 

I'd give him time if there were a clear plan, a clear method of play, good young hungry signings which may come good, a clearly motivated team, good in game management, a clear understanding that he's correctly reading the game and either forcing the issue giving other managers problems during the game or even reacting to what is clear in front of him and that we are well trained and are clear and committed to a game plan.  

I see absolutely no sign of progress whatsoever and as a team we are weaker and have gone alarmingly backwards. 

The warning signs have been there with previous managers and we have reacted way too late - we need to react now if we have any chance of survival that is obvious to anyone who has watched every game over the last 2 months.  

3 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

If Ronaldo still has it at 39 (with more miles on the top level clock), then Vardy at 37 definitely still has! :)