Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again i can't see Cooper lasting until November. 

The signings have been poor and underwhelming in all honesty especially in comparison to Ipswich who came up with us. 

We went from being a side with an identity that looked extremely well drilled to a team that looks clueless all in the space of a couple of months. 

Obviously you weren't paying attention to our post-Xmas form. Everyone was rightly worried about where things were going towards the end under Maresca. Factor in an upcoming deduction and limited dealings, and we're in a right mess. Any manager will need time - and a lot more than two games. A draw vs Spurs and a narrow loss to Fulham are by no means cause for people to be calling for a manager's head. That's such an obvious observation, that it seems absurd to even be repeating it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So blame Top not Cooper.

It’s 100% on Top, Whelan and Rudkin for his appointment. 

I mean, if they’d offered me £2m per year on a 3 year deal, I’d have taken it. 

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I kind of get your point. Many a chapped lip joke was made about Rodgers and how we all chuckled.

But with Cooper, well I suppose he might be considered to be a bit unusual in his looks, unconventional, whatever.  So really, it feels particularly cruel to comment on his appearance.

In summary I am surprised and disappointed in you Bovril!  

Without wishing to get into even hotter water people are talking about him like he's got special needs or something. I feel like defending him in this way is making him sound uglier than he actually is lol 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

So I’m guessing from this backlash people want to persist with his football then? lol

No but through no fault of his own he is here. Is 180 mins of football in anger a fair chance.

Not saying you but the personal insults are way out of order.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Dread to think what the score would've been against spurs if we played the maresca way. We definitely wouldn't have got a point.

Different setup, on another day, Spurs put 4 past us in that game. 

Maresca would have bored many to tears this season but I’d like to think we’d have had more than 29% possession, thus restricting them more. 

Edited by Sly

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Without wishing to get into even hotter water people are talking about him like he's got special needs or something. I feel like defending him in this way is making him sound uglier than he actually is lol 

Okay, well let's put it this way he got a tirade of abuse about his looks when he joined.  Don't think another manager has when joining? 

Never should have got the job in the first place, and now we’ll most likely be stuck with the finger over the big red button for months deciding whether we can afford to pay him off.

The football is dire. He’s picked up weird agendas against players (and their tactical roles) that got us here. And the clear Cooper-picks of recruitment - Reid, Ayew and Skipp will most probably be a let down. 

Massive feeling of inevitability about it all and that’s not even taking into account the points deductions.

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s 100% on Top, Whelan and Rudkin for his appointment. 

I mean, if they’d offered me £2m per year on a 3 year deal, I’d have taken it. 

Even they would not be that stupid as to offer you the job. 

Just kidding mate 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bovril said:

He's a crap manager. His teams are as interesting and attractive as he is.

I don't have any anger towards him. He was offered the job and took it. But he's out of his depth and I can't imagine him having much of a Premier League career. 

If looks determined the managers style of play then why can’t David Ginola get a job in management for sh1t? :crylaugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Okay, well let's put it this way he got a tirade of abuse about his looks when he joined.  Don't think another manager has when joining? 

"it's not his fault he looks like a Welsh centre-half, he was born that way!"

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No but through no fault of his own he is here. Is 180 mins of football in anger a fair chance.

Oh, I don’t agree with the insults. 

I just don’t think he’s the correct person to give us the best chance at survival. 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

That’s an insult and I take it personally. :ph34r:

You’re one comment away from mocking my appearance and height. 

Just as an FYI, I’ve a 75% win record as a coach with my UEFA B license. Admittedly, it wasn’t at a very good and I bowed out early as it’s an horrendous job even at semi pro level. 

Can't believe I'm off the bus after 2 games but he's gotta go, as others have said;

- no Ricardo

- Reid over mav, never ever

- fuming over his obvious signings. It's now obvious at forest he was pushing for over age dross like wood, lingard and shelvey. Hes gonna do the same here

Get him out

• Like 2

Just now, Sly said:

Different setup, on another day, Spurs put 4 past us in that game. 

Maresca would have bored many to tears this season but I’d like to think we’d have had more than 29%. 

We won the premiership with very little  possession during the course of the season. Fuching about with the ball at the back like we did last season we'd get destroyed by premiership forwards

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just kidding mate 

Jokes aside, what Is your take on his appointment in general and the style of play? 

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Absolutely agree 

I think we’re going to be in a battle stay up whoever comes in however the quickest way to piss the fans off s not playing Ricardo, crazy decision on every level. Our only hope is if Everton are in free fall and there’s defo a couple of others as bad as we are so you never know 

Just now, CyprusFox said:

We won the premiership with very little  possession during the course of the season. Fuching about with the ball at the back like we did last season we'd get destroyed by premiership forwards

We played explosive counter attacking football with Kante being a turnover machine. 

I don’t think we play the style of football Cooper wants.

13 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Never should have got the job in the first place, and now we’ll most likely be stuck with the finger over the big red button for months deciding whether we can afford to pay him off.

The football is dire. He’s picked up weird agendas against players (and their tactical roles) that got us here. And the clear Cooper-picks of recruitment - Reid, Ayew and Skipp will most probably be a let down. 

Massive feeling of inevitability about it all and that’s not even taking into account the points deductions.

Sometimes I think you have to gamble and by god we’ve gambled over the years. 

I want to give him a couple more games and if we look as poorly as we have done then we have to move on if we want any chance of surviving a potential points deduction. 

Regarding the finances, if sacking Cooper and Bringing in a new manager was going to cost us £10m, but that new manager was going to improve the entire squad as a unit by 10-15%, that would have a far bigger impact than any £10m player signing would ever do. 

I get the feeling Cooper has agreed to managed us in the championship if we go down, there’s no other explanation for such a poor window at such a pivotal point of our recent history, feels like the board accepted it before we even came up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve a 75% win record as a coach with my UEFA B license. Admittedly, it wasn’t at a very good and I bowed out early as it’s an horrendous job even at semi pro level. 

Perfect, sounds like an upgrade, when can you start?

• Haha 1