Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Coops cost's us pts again. First half sit back so deep and concede two.

Second half come out and attack as often as we can and win the half 2-1.

But this fvcking muppet will not learn from it. I wish the players would go out and play football and ignore what this idiot tells them. He can't sub them all and he can't drop them all.

Time for a players meeting.

• Like 4

I said during what was probably one of the worst first halves I've ever seen as a Leicester fan that this match was all about performance, I expected us to lose, I expected us to have to weather a long, drawn out storm and be on the back foot. 
But to then put in such a dogged performance in the 2nd half and scrape ourselves back to 2-2 thanks to Justin's moment of brilliant and Hermansen putting in the best performance of his career, to then throw it away with such easy goals? That HURTS. 

Arsenal did the same back post routine multiple times, and we concede with 3 minutes to go from the back post, blame cooper all you want for the result, but that is just a fundamental lack of footballing awareness from the players there to completely forget that someone is there and give him so much space. 

But regarding Cooper, I just cannot understand why we continue to sit back and soak up this level of pressure for an entire half, resulting in us going in 2-0 down at half time, there is just no need for it. I understand wanting to soak up pressure away from home at one of the league favourites, but we gave them so much space they were practically walking it around our box. 

So many players were asleep in the first half, and made silly mistakes in the second. 
Subs were too late AGAIN, but were at least positive subs at 2-2. 

Time and time again Leicester City show we are best when we go at teams, yet It's been a running theme for years, going all the back to Pearson where managers set us up not to lose, then inevitably have to chase in the 2nd half. 

We were fortunate not to be down to 10 with Skipp, fair play to the ref who was consistent on that as he had not booked Califiori when he probably should of, thought he had a fair game in the end. 

Arsenal dominated, they deserved the win, we put in a total of about 40 minutes of positive football throughout that game, the rest was absolutely dire. 

I really do like Cooper, but he continues to make the same judgement calls week after week and it's cost us on multiple occasions already, feels like we are inevitably going to part ways sooner or later. If the board are not fully convinced now, they need to make a decision, we don't have time to waste, teams around us are just as bad as we are, and a bounce of 3-4 games either with a new manager, or with some Cooper miracle will put daylight between us and the drop. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

He makes the attacking subs and we lose he gets criticized either way

Bloke can't win

Well, you got the bloke cant win thing right lol and I doubt getting a number of draws is going to cut it :sweating:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Guvnor said:

This thread should be closed 

It’s fcuking embarrassing!!

why is that then?

if you believe the performances, game management and his tactics have been remotely good enough then i wonder what matches youve been watching

we knew today was a free hit but my word the performance on the whole wasnt good enough for the most part

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The second half against Spurs and the comeback in this game give me hope.

But how much of that is Cooper and how much of it is the players themselves?

We're routinely second-best for long periods in every single league game. And I think the players are better than that.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

He had 5 games if we lost 5 - 0 the club will give him as long as possible as sacking him is an admission they got it wrong.

I don't think it's so much an admission they got it wrong as acknowledging the situation in the summer and the situation now are different. We went from looking as though we'd have no money to spend and an indeterminate points deduction, making us about as attractive as an OF account starring Katie Hopkins and Donald Trump acting out Urban Dictionary definitions, to a situation where we have added, aren't yet hopelessly adrift and have plenty going for us as a club.

For now at least.

1 minute ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

How much have Arsenal spent on their squad compared to ours?

It's more the manner of the performance, we expected to get beat, what we didn't expect was to park on our own 18 yard line for 45 minutes and let arsenal walk the ball in, with 8 players in our own box, somehow Arsenal still had free players around our goal, there is something fundamentally wrong with how we are setting up and our players knowing who picks up who and where they should be on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

why is that then?

if you believe the performances, game management and his tactics have been remotely good enough then i wonder what matches youve been watching

we knew today was a free hit but my word the performance on the whole wasnt good enough for the most part

The same type of people that happy clapped Rodgers taking us down clearly haven't learnt from their mistakes. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Chill out.  There’s no need for such aggression. Doesn’t make you big from behind your keyboard. 

Tells you all you need to know about the give him time brigade. They have no argument for it other than lazy football tropes so they resort to this because they have nothing else to offer. Pathetic really.

Whether it's data, tactical analysis or just using your eyes and understanding football, he's mis managed every game.

He almost couldn't believe we got to 2-2 we were that bad and he just stood there and did nothing, didn't react, just went shit, how the hell have we done that, better leave it then? Is it working? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He makes the attacking subs and we lose he gets criticized either way

Bloke can't win

Incorrect. If we lose after trying to take the initiative, it is what is. If we don't even attempt and inevitably lose, then it's pathetic. 

• Like 1