Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

Just now, Iwebema said:

They really aren't, sure some are, but alot of them have gone into real detailed analysis of why it's not working, high lighting several red flags. The consistent miss management of games in the same way over and over. Repetitive mistakes that hes shown no sign of fixing, if anything hes double downed on them even more.

The flip side of the argument that you haven't made yet seems to just be believe in him, based on nothing other than we should because thats the nice thing to do? And we should ignore what data/analysis/our eyes tell us?

Yes, I see... we should spend a £billion on players and get a manager like Pep.  Meanwhile, some of us live in the real world where you have to scrap for everything and the manager and players may not be optimal. We should be 100% behind the team and the players. If not, don't go to matches, stay at home and switch allegiance to a team that matches your perverted level of entitlement. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

I really cannot understand why people want Cooper to go. We were outclassed today by a much more capable (and expensive) team but we still put up a spirited defence and scored two goals, against all odds. The sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans beggars belief. 

Cooper certainly was not my first choice and he has no doubt made quite a few errors but he has shown we can beat the odds sometimes. 

Let's get behind him! 

So when we look at why people want Cooper out do we just look at a single game in isolation then? A game we lost by the way.  Or do we look at the fact that we're 6 games in without a win. Or the fact we've only taken the lead in one game this season. Or the fact we offer literally nothing at all in an attacking sense until the opposition have scored and put the onus on us to stop sitting in all match? As well as the fact that although Pre-season results aren't particularly important, the patterns of play, or rather lack thereof were evident in those preseason defeats, games where we barely registered efforts on goal let alone goals themselves.

And yet we've proven we can score goals. We've scored in every game. But we only do so when we have nothing to lose.  So does that tell you something about the ability of the players compared to what they're being instructed to do? That perhaps we have the ability but we're being stifled by a manager who is more concerned about losing than he is about winning?

If you play for a draw every game and get it wrong half the time you're a lot worse off in the long run than trying to play for a win every game and only getting it right 25% of the time.  And Cooper is trying the former.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

Yes, I see... we should spend a £billion on players and get a manager like Pep.  Meanwhile, some of us live in the real world where you have to scrap for everything and the manager and players may not be optimal. We should be 100% behind the team and the players. If not, don't go to matches, stay at home and switch allegiance to a team that matches your perverted level of entitlement. 

Great counter argument. Just as I thought, well done for confirming what I suspected 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

Steve Cooper is not a very good manager, nothing more to it and we could do better, what's so hard to understand ?

• Like 4

I’m cooper out but not sure what else the outcome would have been today - apart from a pasting. A dodgy decision with the foul on Vardy - questionable added time etc. most teams at the emirates will get outclassed this season they are a top side. 

• Like 2

Today doesn't really change anything for me. 

Yes getting the equaliser was positive, but we've lost a game we all knew we would anyway. 

Change it now and go into the next 4 games with a positive feeling (if they get the next manager choice correct lol

7 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

wtf are you watching the same games as us?

like really, Cooper parked the bus at Palace from the 75min when they was for the taking,

even forest fans admit he wasnt good enough and they kept him too long

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Lets see where we are at Christmas before writing him off.

We’ll be in the bottom three, probably cut adrift. He’s very uninspiring and appears to be out of his depth. Seen it too many times now. 
Next please.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

I really cannot understand why people want Cooper to go. We were outclassed today by a much more capable (and expensive) team but we still put up a spirited defence and scored two goals, against all odds. The sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans beggars belief. 

Cooper certainly was not my first choice and he has no doubt made quite a few errors but he has shown we can beat the odds sometimes. 

Let's get behind him! 

For me I’m usually patient with managers, seems like a genuine guy.

that said I don’t think he’s good enough it’s something like 20 games since he last won in the premier league.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sums him up:

cjYSQEf.jpeg

I had one ear to R5L and was laughing as they described it, saying how Arsenal would love it as it takes all of the momentum out of the game and how Vards was meant to be off but refused. 

So happy I was enjoying a 0-3 win. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, teblin said:

For me I’m usually patient with managers, seems like a genuine guy.

that said I don’t think he’s good enough it’s something like 20 games since he last won in the premier league.

dont forget we was outclassed in every respect against league 2 Walsall

• Like 3

I’m sure I heard him say on the radio, the fact their man was free for their 3rd goal shouldn’t “be the narrative”.  And that it was “about the fact the ball hit our man”. 

But, their player WAS free. He was unmarked. If his shot didn’t hit our player and it went straight into the net, is the ‘narrative’ different then??

Twàt. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

David Moyes is a realistic appointment.

Graham Potter is a realistic appointment.

Niko Kovac is a realistic appointment.

Kasper Hjulmand is a realistic appointment. 

Urs Fischer is a realistic appointment. 

Rudi Garcia is a realistic appointment.

Sergio Conceicao is a realistic appointment.

Maurizio Sarri is a realistic appointment.

Roger Schmidt is a realistic appointment. 

Nobody pointing out that Cooper isn't good enough is deluded, entitled, a whiner or whatever other childish epithet you care to think about. All of the above are unattached and probably ready to listen to an offer from a Premier League club. But many of them will be employed in a few months, and I for one don't want to see one of them tearing it up at West Ham or Southampton while we languish in 20th with Cooper still stinking the place out in March.

The club have had good contact with Conceicao before. I’d love him.

• Like 1