Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Not a massive fan of Cooper,but as a side note we are a poor squad with poor players by Premier league standards.

We stumbled out of the Championship

If you look at our form/results from 

the end of Jan .

i guess the record breaking start to last season means nothing then:whistle:

poor squad, nah i dont believe that tbf

most if not all our players(depending on position of course) get into the matchday squad of 14/15 of the premier league teams

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

I really cannot understand why people want Cooper to go. We were outclassed today by a much more capable (and expensive) team but we still put up a spirited defence and scored two goals, against all odds. The sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans beggars belief. 

Cooper certainly was not my first choice and he has no doubt made quite a few errors but he has shown we can beat the odds sometimes. 

Let's get behind him! 

When has that happened? Have I missed something are you talking about the pre season win over Shrewsbury Town, we only just managed to do that. 

9 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Not a massive fan of Cooper,but as a side note we are a poor squad with poor players by Premier league standards.

We stumbled out of the Championship

If you look at our form/results from 

the end of Jan .

We aren't top 10, but we certainly aren't bottom 3. What we have seen so far this season is relegation form and we only remain out the bottom 3 on GD. 

The right lineup played with attacking desire and we have more than enough to stay up... weve seen glimpses of it. We just aren't even giving it a go and that's unforgiveable.

• Like 3

Six games in and three points on the board, that works out at  a 20pt season. I predicted 26 at the start of the season so its looking to be a sub par season on my reckoning. Championship, we are a coming back as fast as we can. The club needs to change the manager PDQ in my humble opinion to get back on track for a 26pt season.

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

I'm not keen on Cooper.

But our squad is struggling at this level. That's on the board. Nobody bar a Maresca level manager is going to get more out of them and that's if they even want to come here and see us as a fit for their ambitions. And if there is a proven manager like that going then I'd like someone to point them out.

What I will say for Cooper is that he is reminding me of Nigel Pearson in the great escape season, and that's a good thing. He's making the most of what he has got, clearly he has the players on board with what he is trying to do and he is building a good spirit within the squad. He has no issue with players getting forward on counters. 

There may be a time to sack him this season, but this early stage is not it. He needs time. The board stuck with Pearson all those years ago when a big proportion of fans wanted him gone and it paid off.

Lets see where we are at Christmas before writing him off. 

Our squad is struggling because it's being sabotaged by an inept coach. Only 4 teams so far this season have scored in every game: Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City and Us. But, our overall attacking stats are crap (1st for shot distance (as in our average shot is from the furthest distance) then 19th for xG; 18th for progressive carries, shots on target, passes into penalty area; 17th for progressive passes) for the simple reason that we only apply any sustained pressure going forward when we're behind. We've been level for 258 minutes in games this season, taken 15 shots in that time (so, a shot every 17 minutes). We've been 1 or more down for 249 minutes this season and taken 30 shots in that time (a shot every 8 minutes). Cooper is obsessed with a "just don't lose" mindset and it hamstrings us massively, leaves us having to make comebacks like today, because there's no desire to start on the front foot. Get in a manager with some bravery and 11th - 15th is more than achievable with this squad.

• Like 3

We were decent second half but there’s still no system or plan.  Individually, the keeper and centre backs did well, and the goals, albeit decent (esp Justin’s) were out of nothing. I just don’t know what Cooper’s “style” is or what he wants us to do.  I’m afraid he can’t be here much longer if we want any chance of staying up.

56 minutes ago, Bilo said:

David Moyes is a realistic appointment.

Graham Potter is a realistic appointment.

Niko Kovac is a realistic appointment.

Kasper Hjulmand is a realistic appointment. 

Urs Fischer is a realistic appointment. 

Rudi Garcia is a realistic appointment.

Sergio Conceicao is a realistic appointment.

Maurizio Sarri is a realistic appointment.

Roger Schmidt is a realistic appointment. 

Nobody pointing out that Cooper isn't good enough is deluded, entitled, a whiner or whatever other childish epithet you care to think about. All of the above are unattached and probably ready to listen to an offer from a Premier League club. But many of them will be employed in a few months, and I for one don't want to see one of them tearing it up at West Ham or Southampton while we languish in 20th with Cooper still stinking the place out in March.

This board has never appointed a manager without previous experience in England. Therefore the 1s in bold seem unlikely. Hopefully, they change their approach as id love Roger Schmidt

Not a fan but if  we drop in to the bottom 3 he has to go - the Arsenal result is not relevant to the debate as we were never getting anything from the game.

Edited by LestaAl
Spelling

It looked from the outset to be an uninspired and lazy appointment but I like most

on here was fully prepared to get behind him and give him every chance, unfortunately 

it’s been a shit show from day 1. Our only hope is that the idiots running the club 

realise their fvck up before it’s too late.

• Like 1

I'm not sure an out of their depth manager with 'no tactics or man management' manages to go to Arsenal find their globally inferior team 2-0 down at halftime and then bring the game back to 2-2 and keep it competitive for a while. 

They don't mange to draw against totenham, crystal palace and everton either and narrowly lose to fulham and villa by a goal. 

I do agree the Everton game felt a massive let down. 

If we don't pick up any wins over the next 5 games and get to 1/4 season in the relegation zone then fair enough that's the time to re-evaluate. 

The whole he hasn't won many games record is a bit mute really. Not sure anyone thinks his forest team massively underperformed he did well to keep them up and yes lost a lot of games to superior opposition. 

• Haha 3

I’m not ****ing doing it again. I’m not doing the ‘woe is me’ manager, the players giving us a half of football, the losing from decent positions, the “we’ll be fine”.

We’ve been here before and left it too late. He’s not a manager and he needs to be sacked ahead of this semi decent run we have ahead of us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Some tumbleweed demanded it was locked and deleted or something.

Can’t you just remind us you watched non league football and hate kpfc and flounce off to another thread about tv shows or something