Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

Really enjoyed that Jordan Ayew first touch which took the ball out for a goal kick in a really dangerous position. Whilst Fatawu is treated to another 1 minute on the pitch. 

Subtle sarcasm appreciated!

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

I’m not ****ing doing it again. I’m not doing the ‘woe is me’ manager, the players giving us a half of football, the losing from decent positions, the “we’ll be fine”.

We’ve been here before and left it too late. He’s not a manager and he needs to be sacked ahead of this semi decent run we have ahead of us.

This is it. We've experienced this already with Rodgers. Just need the hierarchy to have learned from their mistakes. Won't hold my breath 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BarringtonHayles said:

I don't really blame Cooper, it's not his fault he's out of his depth and he must have been delighted that we were stupid enough to offer him the job in the first place after how it ended at Forest. The fault lies with the board/ownership and their inability to look outside of the UK. We seem to have an obsession with 'Premier League Experience' and 'knowing the league' for players and managers even if that experience is largely shit or average at best. 

Too many fans buy in to the little old Leicester, who would want the job attitude. We're a wealthy team in the biggest and most popular league in the world. We could attract so many young, promising managers in other leagues who would jump at the chance to manage in England. All it takes is a decent spell of games with a clear tactical plan and you're linked with the biggest clubs in the world, there's not one manager that would back themselves and take the risk, Cooper is the best we can get?  Instead, we have a board that could barely be arsed to look past the midlands for 2 of the last 3 appointments. 

And there's really no excuse for it given that the likes of Schmidt and Hjulmand speak excellent English and are familiar with English football. Christ, Hjulmand knows some of the squad already. 

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Pretty sure I seen a article saying they had learned from there mistakes

I'm hoping that that has been leaked as a passive aggressive notice to improve to Cooper.

18 minutes ago, BarringtonHayles said:

I don't really blame Cooper, it's not his fault he's out of his depth and he must have been delighted that we were stupid enough to offer him the job in the first place after how it ended at Forest. The fault lies with the board/ownership and their inability to look outside of the UK. We seem to have an obsession with 'Premier League Experience' and 'knowing the league' for players and managers even if that experience is largely shit or average at best. 

Too many fans buy in to the little old Leicester, who would want the job attitude. We're a wealthy team in the biggest and most popular league in the world. We could attract so many young, promising managers in other leagues who would jump at the chance to manage in England. All it takes is a decent spell of games with a clear tactical plan and you're linked with the biggest clubs in the world, there's not one manager that would back themselves and take the risk, Cooper is the best we can get?  Instead, we have a board that could barely be arsed to look past the midlands for 2 of the last 3 appointments. 

We are perfect for a Red Bull school manager - the players responded well to the style last season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

We've played Arsenal a million times never got battered like this. They had an xG of over 4.

Screenshot_20240928_215714_Google.thumb.jpg.c53833494897f8f3c9480ac6aeb9a599.jpg

This is by far the best Arsenal team we have played in the PL era (apart from around 2004 of course). It’s also the worst Leicester team in the PL era. 

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

This is by far the best Arsenal team we have played in the PL era (apart from around 2004 of course). It’s also the worst Leicester team in the PL era. 

Maybe the team is good enough just the manager can't get the best out of them ?

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I'm hoping that that has been leaked as a passive aggressive notice to improve to Cooper.

I think the hope this season, unlike the rodgers season, is the board don't believe "it will be fine" like they and alot of the clappers did back then

Rightly or wrongly they will 100% believe they have given cooper a very competitive squad and I dont think they are happy with just finishing 17th and scraping by. Even though most of us would.

Theyve taken out another loan so relegation is going to be even more devastating.

I know we rightfully take shots at the board for at best sitting in neutral and coasting for a few years, and at worst catastrophic mismanagement across the board....but i do believe it was a wake up call that they will want to avoid at all costs. 

They will think it's too early now, but mess up Bournemouth at home and I think things might change quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maybe the team is good enough just the manager can't get the best out of them ?

No the team is not premier league level.

The manager has actually succeeded in damage limitation.Look at Burnley last season struggled and got relegated after a better promotion than ours.Did Vincent get slaughtered?

Just now, cropstonfox said:

No the team is not premier league level.

The manager has actually succeeded in damage limitation.Look at Burnley last season struggled and got relegated after a better promotion than ours.Did Vincent get slaughtered?

I think it is more than good enough.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think it is more than good enough.

How about the team and the manager are both not good enough.

It will be interesting to see what a new boss could do with this lot.No doubt we will all be hounding him after a few games  rinse and repeat....

Bring on the Championship

3 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

I think the hope this season, unlike the rodgers season, is the board don't believe "it will be fine" like they and alot of the clappers did back then

Rightly or wrongly they will 100% believe they have given cooper a very competitive squad and I dont think they are happy with just finishing 17th and scraping by. Even though most of us would.

Theyve taken out another loan so relegation is going to be even more devastating.

I know we rightfully take shots at the board for at best sitting in neutral and coasting for a few years, and at worst catastrophic mismanagement across the board....but i do believe it was a wake up call that they will want to avoid at all costs. 

They will think it's too early now, but mess up Bournemouth at home and I think things might change quickly.

Rodgers was saved by two things - credit in the bank from previous seasons and the fact he was well-liked by either Rudkin or Whelan. Cooper has neither of those factors on his side being brand new and having had no time to build those kinds of close relationships.

Couple that with the messaging of discontent among the players and the Mercury reporting that they won't be so slow to remove the manager if they are dissatisfied, which they've got from somewhere, and I think he's already on borrowed time. A bad performance and result against Bournemouth, empty seats starting to show and the fans beginning to vocally turn will be one thing, but the likes of Ipswich, Southampton or Palace getting a result as Everton have today will put him on borrowed time. 

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they had learned from. the lack of succession plans after Rodgers and Maresca and already had potential replacements in place. 

Just now, cropstonfox said:

How about the team and the manager are both not good enough.

It will be interesting to see what a new boss could do with this lot.No doubt we will all be hounding him after a few games  rinse and repeat....

Bring on the Championship

We have enough players capable playing at this level as we have seen by our results, the manager can't buy a win though as proven by his 19 games without a win at this level.

The manager is out of his depth.

• Like 1