Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Rodgers was saved by two things - credit in the bank from previous seasons and the fact he was well-liked by either Rudkin or Whelan. Cooper has neither of those factors on his side being brand new and having had no time to build those kinds of close relationships.

Couple that with the messaging of discontent among the players and the Mercury reporting that they won't be so slow to remove the manager if they are dissatisfied, which they've got from somewhere, and I think he's already on borrowed time. A bad performance and result against Bournemouth, empty seats starting to show and the fans beginning to vocally turn will be one thing, but the likes of Ipswich, Southampton or Palace getting a result as Everton have today will put him on borrowed time. 

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they had learned from. the lack of succession plans after Rodgers and Maresca and already had potential replacements in place. 

I’d actually add he was very well liked by the players. Our ownership wants to be best mates with the players, they gauge the opinion of players. Hopefully this moves Cooper along, quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Get it done now. Squad is better than fighting relegation or scraping 17th. 

Today's second half shows how good this squad can be. I'm totally with you on that.

First half defend at all cost just shows us who's fault it is that we don't have a load more pts. Once a goal or two down and he let's us play is when we look at our best.

If this idiot can't see that we have no chance playing his crap first half tactics he has to go.

If Top and Rudkin can't see it and tell him or sack him they should go too.

Man up and start to run our club you pair of fvckwits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

How about the team and the manager are both not good enough.

It will be interesting to see what a new boss could do with this lot.No doubt we will all be hounding him after a few games  rinse and repeat....

Bring on the Championship

The squad is probably better than either of the two sides we came up with as well as probably Everton and Wolves. Give a new manager a decent war chest in January, given we missed out on several targets in the summer due to the then impending points deduction and therefore can set that money aside for January, and we could be stronger still.

25 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Nobody expected us to win today. Nobody expects us to win every game. Nobody expects us to win most of the games. Nobody expects us to finish in the European places.

What would be a start, would be if we could win 1 game. Not aganst Arsenal, but against a team like Everton, with an injury crisis and in terrible form, at home. That would be nice.

It would be nice if we could have beaten Crystal Palace once we somehow contrived to be in a 2-0 lead. But we won neither.

What people might reasonably expect, if for us to have an attackinng threat when we are playing against Walsall in the Carabao cup. Walsall are a League 2 team, so compared to the likes of them, we are the Manchester City's of their world. And yet, we were comfortably outplayed and deserved to lose. Did you watch that game? In fact - how many of our games have you actually watched this season?

I've watched plenty of games. So, funnily enough, I don't expect our players to be "optimal". In fact, I actually like a lot of our squad, and rate quite a few of them highly - because I've seen them play. I like Stephy Mavididi. I like Abdul Fatawu. I like Mads Hermansen. I already like Facundo Buononotte. I like Jamie Vardy. I like Ndidi, I like Winks, I'm already won over by Oliver Skipp and Okoli as well. So what I don't like, is when players like Mavididi and Fatawu, who are promising, and pacy, and carry an attacking threat are completely sidelined and treated like they don't belong at this level, to accomodate journeymen players like Ayew and BDCR, youu haven't done anything at this club to justify starting ahead of them YET. Not to say I think they should never start, but it would be reasonable to expect them to deliver a quality of performance off the bench to EARN their way into the lineup. Instead, they are parachuted straight in by a manager who has shown some very questionable judgement about the quality of his own players in every game this season.

So onto the manager - now we have established that the level of expectation is to try to stay up this season - the question is do we BELIEVE that he can do it. Is their something to give us hope he can achieve that, and that he deserves our backing? Well, I may be a dumb mutt, but I'm pretty sure that our manager is currently standing on a record where he is on a run of 19 Premier League games without a win. That's half an entire season worth! In fact, his Premier League stats are currently 12 wins out of 61 games played. Now, If I apply my dumb mutt brain to that, I'm pretty sure that if we apply those stats to a Premier League game of 38 matches - that will lead to us winning 7 or 8 games all season. Which gets you 21-24 points, meaning we'd need to draw around 10-15 games to have a chance of avoiding relegation. Not an expectanation - a chance. Talking about teams to switch allegiance to, would you regard Nottingham Forest as team that have a perverse level of entitlement? They are a newly promoted team, that barely scraped survival (on the back of finishing juuuust ahead of the team with the 8th biggest wage bill in the country somehow getting themselves relegated), then last season, their expectation was to stay up. Not win the league or finish top half, just stay up, in a division containng 3 of the worst promoted teams the premier league has ever seen. That low level of expectation was not one that Steve Cooper could live up to, so they fired him and got Nuno Santo in. Who kept them up. We aren't demanding a top level manager - a Nuno Santo of our own would be adequate. Someone who could beat a 12 in 61 win record in the top flight (that's some distance worse than Frank Lampard managed at Everton for example, and nobody will give him a job at present). Someone who might win a game sometime this season, instead of continuing a half season long plus winless run.

Now, I'm no tactical expert - but you may like to take a look at some of the tactical threads posted by the excellent Strider Hiryu, or check out some of his Youtube videos to get an understanding on Steve Coopers tactics (unless you've already seen us play plenty already this season) - to sum it up in a nutshell - the tactics have been bad. Really, really, really bad.

So, lets end with some questions for you.

Have you seen this Leicester City team play at all this season? Actually sat down and watched us play for 90 minutes?

What are your level of expectations for this season?

Do you expect to win any games at all this season?

Would you expect us to win an away game this season?

Do you rate any of our players at all?

Did you see us play against Walsall?

Would you expect to be able to beat a League 2 team away from home?

Ultimately, the only reasonable expectation any of us should expect from Leicester City is that which we'd expect from a child on a school sports day. That they try their best. Give it the best go they can, to the best of their ability, so that at the end of the day, no matter how things turn out, they can hold their heads high and know they genuinely gave it their best go and can't have any regrets. If we go down, so be it. But if we go down, we should go down fighting. Currently, we are handicapping ourselves for more than half a game every week to put ourselves in a position where we have to scratch and claw to get anything out a match, because the manager is afraid to try. Afraid to have a go. Afraid to try to win a game, no matter what level of opponent is in front of us, even those from the bottom tier of English pro football. That's all on the manager, and unless he looks in the mirror and finds his courage, we will all be left disapointed at the end of the season, no matter what our expectations are.

pretty much spot on for me that

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

People comparing this to Rodgers start of 22-23 need to have a long think. I don't think this is anywhere near as bad. The board have not got to act at all for a while. Rodgers was on a slide for a long long time. 

i compare it to that as you can see whats coming in terms of the end of the season unless a change is mad soon, where as that season we changed Rodgers far too late, and youd hope theyd have learnt from that

• Thanks 1

For someone who sets us up so negatively, we have now conceded 116 shots in 6 league games, that is an average of 19 per game and we have conceded the highest XG so far this season, aligned to the fact we are also in the bottom 3 for XG created and it’s clear to see we are a mess from back to front. We were lucky to get out today without conceding double figures. He has been so lucky that every team we have played have missed a hatful of very good chances and we could and should have been dead and buried in 5 of the 6 games so far. 

Whilst we have not yet taken a battering in terms of scoreline we have been a very poor second in most of the games. 

Talksport even called us out in the first half for having zero ambition and the mentality of a league two team away to a premier league team in the cup. It’s horrendous what he has done to the mentality of this club in such a short space of time. 

as for his subs why make only one sub at 75 minutes and then wait until injury time to make the rest. Surely you freshen it up earlier, beggars belief. 

Yes it was Arsenal but the manner of how he is setting us up and his piss poor in game management means he has to go, it has been poor all season regardless of the opposition. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

This is not hyperbole in anyway and I am absolutely not fishing for likes but I genuinely believe Claude Puel was and is a better coach/manager. 

The star performers in the peak Rodgers era were largely Puel's. Maddison, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Evans among them. So he was streets ahead of Cooper in the transfer market if nothing else.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

People comparing this to Rodgers start of 22-23 need to have a long think. I don't think this is anywhere near as bad. The board have not got to act at all for a while. Rodgers was on a slide for a long long time. 

I’ve had a think.

If it’s not as bad as the 22-23 season, it’s pretty close! Performance wise it might even be worse…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

I’ve had a think.

If it’s not as bad as the 22-23 season, it’s pretty close! Performance wise it might even be worse…

For me, the difference is that teams in 22-23 took their chances because we had Ward in goal rather than Hermansen. 

Also, the expectations then were higher. Cooper can't even live up to expectations when they're lower than whale shit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

For someone who sets us up so negatively, we have now conceded 116 shots in 6 league games, that is an average of 19 per game and we have conceded the highest XG so far this season, aligned to the fact we are also in the bottom 3 for XG created and it’s clear to see we are a mess from back to front. We were lucky to get out today without conceding double figures. He has been so lucky that every team we have played have missed a hatful of very good chances and we could and should have been dead and buried in 5 of the 6 games so far. 

Whilst we have not yet taken a battering in terms of scoreline we have been a very poor second in most of the games. 

Talksport even called us out in the first half for having zero ambition and the mentality of a league two team away to a premier league team in the cup. It’s horrendous what he has done to the mentality of this club in such a short space of time. 

as for his subs why make only one sub at 75 minutes and then wait until injury time to make the rest. Surely you freshen it up earlier, beggars belief. 

Yes it was Arsenal but the manner of how he is setting us up and his piss poor in game management means he has to go, it has been poor all season regardless of the opposition. 

We shouldn't be moaning but we should give the prat more time, the zombies keep repeating

The entire 1st half of match today, club looked disengaged, disinterested, and ready to fight with one another. Didn't see much of 2nd half, but sounds like we had a burst of fire and passion. This is solely on Cooper. He is NOT coaching to win, but rather to not lose. He has to go. 

2 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

We are Leicester City an average sized yo-yo team for our entire history (apart from 2-15-16) 

stop moaning kids… this is our level… just try to enjoy because life is too short you entitled bunch.

Just now, sylofox said:

Someone give me a gun. I'll pull the fvcking trigger.

Twice I'll pull the trigger.

Cooper is just beige. There is no depth to him or anything of interest about him.

Amazing that only 20 male humans in this big bad world of ours can ever be Premier League managers at any single point in time, and he's one of them...

And has been twice.

That's some black magic, voodoo shit there. 

Edited by Brizzle Fox

1 hour ago, Parafox said:
2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Cooper is on a 3 year contract as well 🤣

Probably we are planning on getting relegated and see Coops as a man that can bring us straight back up :scarf:

Do you think that would really happen? We go down with Cooper, we stay down.

No, of course I don’t! Unfortunately I’m not on the board….

4 minutes ago, CPepFox said:

The entire 1st half of match today, club looked disengaged, disinterested, and ready to fight with one another. Didn't see much of 2nd half, but sounds like we had a burst of fire and passion. This is solely on Cooper. He is NOT coaching to win, but rather to not lose. He has to go. 

Yes… I remember the days against arsenal  away in the 80s 90s 00s 10s…. We used to tear them apart.

we’re crap now  

31 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Rodgers was saved by two things - credit in the bank from previous seasons and the fact he was well-liked by either Rudkin or Whelan. Cooper has neither of those factors on his side being brand new and having had no time to build those kinds of close relationships.

Couple that with the messaging of discontent among the players and the Mercury reporting that they won't be so slow to remove the manager if they are dissatisfied, which they've got from somewhere, and I think he's already on borrowed time. A bad performance and result against Bournemouth, empty seats starting to show and the fans beginning to vocally turn will be one thing, but the likes of Ipswich, Southampton or Palace getting a result as Everton have today will put him on borrowed time. 

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they had learned from. the lack of succession plans after Rodgers and Maresca and already had potential replacements in place. 

Yep spot on.

I dont know if the rumours about player discontent are true, all I would say is there's no smoke without fire and you only have to assess the situation and look at the players to know something isn't right.

I don't think they hate Cooper, if he had the personality of rodgers i think they might ha, but he seems like a genuinely normal guy, I actually think they are working hard for him for the most part, they are just a bit like "is this it? These are the tactics? Really? In the premier league, this is what we are going to do? Ok then" 

You can see he's out of his depth, beyond setting a team up to run alot there isn't much else going, or at least anything that I would class as a top level system/tactics.

Its an interesting last point about succession planning, our board seem to be extreme hit and miss on that side you only have to look at going for enzo, massive hit, I personally was sad to see him go, wasn't convinced like others if we could execute his football at this level with these players, but I'd of loved to see it.

But then we go from that to this and I think is there a plan? Ha but conversely I do actually agree that I think this season is so important to the board they won't take it for granted.....maybe....

30 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Please dont use any facts, data or analysis. You just need to believe harder and faster. Believe and clap, that's how we can turn it around together

• Like 3