Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

2 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

Please dont use any facts, data or analysis. You just need to believe harder and faster. Believe and clap, that's how we can turn it around together

Football equivalent of Brexit.

9 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Don’t give a monkeys about the score line or the fact we were close on 90 mins - that was absolutely pony - battered from minute 1 to minute 100 - rubbish - utter garbage - you can only fluke it so far - get him OUT 

OK thanks for that Jamie.

36 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

We are Leicester City an average sized yo-yo team for our entire history (apart from 2-15-16) 

stop moaning kids… this is our level… just try to enjoy because life is too short you entitled bunch.

ok steve cooper.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

We are Leicester City an average sized yo-yo team for our entire history (apart from 2-15-16) 

stop moaning kids… this is our level… just try to enjoy because life is too short you entitled bunch.

well 8/9 yrs in the premier league i wouldnt call that being a yo-yo club would you

one of the reasons we went down is because the morons running the club didnt sack Rodgers early enough

and its not entitled, and dont give me the rubbish of "we was xxxx back in 1990 or 2008" etc

the club has progressed since then, so its like comparing apples to oranges, or surgery in the 1990 to surgery today

so you can compared certain aspects but not the whole

Edited by FrankieADZ

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well 8/9 yrs in the premier league i wouldnt call that being a yo-yo club would you

one of the reasons we went down is because the morons running the club didnt sack Rodgers early enough

and its not entitled, and dont give me the rubbish of "we was xxxx back in 1990 or 2008" etc

the club has progressed since then, so its like comparing apples to oranges, or surgery in the 1990 to surgery today

so you can compared certain aspects but not the whole

We've had other periods of success in our 140 year history not quite as brilliant as the last 10 years but our status is on the Yo Yo side.We need  10 to 15 years in the top 8 to alter this.The problem is 15 + other clubs are chasing this to.

• Like 2

I get frustrated beyond words when I hear “this is our level”.. NO ITS NOT OUR LEVEL. Nobody is expecting champions league positioning or even top half. But FFS when you watch utter drivel against Everton and Walsall it’s laughable. 

it’s all about picking up the points and any decent manager would be getting the points against the weaker half at home especially. Sitting 11-16 is our level, fighting it out in a relegation scrap isn’t.. if out the next 4 games of Bournemouth, Southampton, forest and Ipswich they can’t pick up 7 points or so then I can’t see how they can possibly keep afloat of the relegation zone..

• Like 3

Just now, cropstonfox said:

We've had other periods of success in our 140 year history not quite as brilliant as the last 10 years but our status is on the Yo Yo side.We need  10 to 15 years in the top 8 to alter this.The problem is 15 + other clubs are chasing this to.

i totally get that, for me a yo yo club would be like WBA or Norwich a good few years back, forever going between the prem and championship, i get weve done that, but the club was pretty "stable" of sorts until that one god awful season

although we look at it a different way it just highlights the total mismanagement of the club from certain high ups, but thats all a different topic

on Cooper tho; its plain to see hes not good enough, like hes moaning about a couple of decisions today, yeah like theyd have changed the outcome of the shitshow 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

I really cannot understand why people want Cooper to go. We were outclassed today by a much more capable (and expensive) team but we still put up a spirited defence and scored two goals, against all odds. The sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans beggars belief. 

Cooper certainly was not my first choice and he has no doubt made quite a few errors but he has shown we can beat the odds sometimes. 

Let's get behind him! 

Those 2 goals are nothing more than the Emperor's new clothes. Look with your eyes and you can see a lack of any attacking game plan and cohesion. 99 times out of 100 we lose that game by 5 or 6 today.

Could it be that we actually have some very good players which is why we are scoring against the grain of the way we set up to play. Imagine if we tried to actually attack teams. Cooper out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I blame Wellens said:

Let's have no ambition and forever accept mediocrity.

What a stupid comment

• Like 4

If it’s not a minimum of 2 wins in the next four, it’s a disaster. If it’s not, he’s got to go. Problem is, if we don’t get a minimum of 2 in the next four, it’s a bigger disaster for us, regardless of Cooper going or not. The right time is tomorrow morning.

genuinely wonder if people who use the word “entitled” understand the meaning because it certainly isn’t being used correctly. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

I'm really struggling to warm to Cooper. We knew this season would be tough but it doesn't help he comes across a bit.... damp!? And the football reflects his demeanour which is just miserable. Starting to think managers faces change over time to reflect their outlook. Except Fergie - he just looked livid all the time.

This place is incredibly toxic. Fair enough you're convinced Cooper isn't the best man for the job, we've lost a great coaching team in the summer to Chelsea and we're back to being Premier League whipping boys. Some of the signings haven't had an impact, manager has his favourites and a completely different way of playing to what we grew accustomed to last season as a big fish in a small pond racking up wins.

I just haven't ever seen it go this bad from so many established posters on here. Now stickied manager out because we lost a very hard fought game away at a team who could realistically end up with more than 90 points and maybe even Champions.

Everton concerned me, we should be more potent from the start of the games, and the manner we immediately conceded against Palace after going 2-0 up was a red flag moment. We've just stormed the Championship so a winning determination still has to be in there with the players and a win was so so desperately needed.

If we don't pick up points against these more level looking games - Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest, Ipswich - no doubt he'll be under immense pressure for his job. I'm just concerned this same energy will then entirely be vented towards the Club, owners, players and we'll plummet as the energy turns completely sour if we don't rebound, or the fans don't take to the next new manager again. We're then heading down to the Championship with a cannibalistic fanbase picking at everything imaginable to bash the Club with.

We're now Premier League, but we aren't established any more. This season is akin to 14/15 in outlook. It will be hard, we will lose often, everyone will have to dig deep to stay up no matter who the manager is. I just hope everyone doesn't keep their head in the sand, we get some results somehow, somewhere... and we're more flexible of a fanbase coming out of it, no matter the outcome.

As a manager Steve Cooper hasn't won a Premier League game in his last 19. 

Yet he bangs on about Premier League experience as if that's the answer. 

He is just not good enough for a club of our size. Today, even as it was a free hit, isn't the only game that contributes.

He simply isn't a good manager and that isn't going to change.

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

This is not hyperbole in anyway and I am absolutely not fishing for likes but I genuinely believe Claude Puel was and is a better coach/manager. 

Tactics were dull, but his transfer policy was excellent. Rodgers inherited us in a good place.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Tactics were dull, but his transfer policy was excellent. Rodgers inherited us in a good place.

Cooper is the worst manager I've ever seen.

Not to say he's wrecked the club like Taylor, treated us like shit like Little, or pissed away chances like Rodgers.

But actually in so far as being a manger of a football team - he's the worst.

For fans of a certain vintage, I'd class him in the same league as Pleat but with less excuses.