Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cooper - OUT

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

This is not hyperbole in anyway and I am absolutely not fishing for likes but I genuinely believe Claude Puel was and is a better coach/manager. 

Not sure why this is controversial 

Puel did some very good work in the transfer market (not alone granted ) and kept us largely competitive in the league

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Cooper is the worst manager I've ever seen.

Not to say he's wrecked the club like Taylor, treated us like shit like Little, or pissed away chances like Rodgers.

But actually in so far as being a manger of a football team - he's the worst.

For fans of a certain vintage, I'd class him in the same league as Pleat but with less excuses.

Won't argue with any of that... my post was about Puel, who I thought got a rought time despite some good work behind the scenes. I gave him longer than most because of that- seen nothing from Cooper to give him that luxury.

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

This is not hyperbole in anyway and I am absolutely not fishing for likes but I genuinely believe Claude Puel was and is a better coach/manager. 

Not controversial in the slightest, he was quite comfortably better. Peter Taylor is the only comparison to Cooper and I see the latter surpassing his ineptitude here

Litmus test now for spaghetti coops. I don’t like him, I didn’t want him. If he can’t win multiple games on the next 4 premier league fixtures, then he ca not be afforded any more time. Simple

as that. 

if we don’t win at least 2 out of the next 4 premier league fixtures, there can be no excuse. Anything less can not be defended.

41 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We're now Premier League, but we aren't established any more. This season is akin to 14/15 in outlook. It will be hard, we will lose often, everyone will have to dig deep to stay up no matter who the manager is. I just hope everyone doesn't keep their head in the sand, we get some results somehow, somewhere... and we're more flexible of a fanbase coming out of it, no matter the outcome.

That 2014/15 side at the start of the season was infinitely worse than this side in terms both of quality and Premier League experience compared to our current side. Our most expensive signing was Ulloa who 'cost a fortune' but not even half of what we have paid for Skipp and Bilal. We started games with Dean Hammond and I'm fairly sure Gary Taylor Fletcher featured away at Chelsea as well. Added to that the manager had a massive amount of credit in the bank with the fanbase for taking us for the depths of despair to the top flight, and was going to take time to learn how to be a Premier League manager for the first time (not withstanding his caretaker spells at places and jobs as assistants.) That team still took 8 points from the first 6 games which included United and Arsenal.

Cooper has had a season and half at Forest as a Premier League manager and survived by the skin of his teeth once after buying a new team and got sacked when he was taking them down the following season. From what I have seen both at his time at Forest and his body of work here is he tactically just isn't up to it as a Premier League manager, it's nothing personal against the bloke as he seems a nice guy, speaks well etc, but just not sure he and his coaching staff can keep us up.

If we get beat by Bournemouth next week then the ownership should act swiftly before the pool of available good managers go or we become too unattractive a proposition by being adrift. If we had sacked Rodgers when we should we could have ended up with Emery, instead we got Dean Smith for 6 games when it was already over.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Not sure why this is controversial 

Puel did some very good work in the transfer market (not alone granted ) and kept us largely competitive in the league

That is putting it mildly if you look at who puel and marcia signed and how much we sold those signings for it was absolutely a peak period of transfer business in the clubs history I would be on my knees thanking the gods if a puel and marcia Combo took over next.

A this point Cooper has had every reasonable chance and it's become clear to me that perhaps he just isn't up to the job. Just today I was begging his tv image not to make ANY substitutions in the tail end of the match. But he did, again, and here we are, again.  We would've done better if he were shown a red card.

I don't know what bona fides got him hired, but I would like to know what they were.