Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Next Manager.

13 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Why appointment him??? Err because he was the only one who wanted the job. Like I said it’s Rudkin and whelan fault they’ve run the club into the ground to the point we can’t afford the compensation for corberan ffs also the constant chasing of potter who every time he knocks us back.

He was the only one who wanted the job that the board had heard of and had managed in the Premier League before. When research and planning is as poor as it is at this club, you’re giving yourself a very small and uninspiring pool to choose from.

I’m not saying ‘Cooper out’, we are down anyway with this squad and a points deduction so regardless of his lack of quality it’s not fair to start pointing the finger at him and being publicly cruel. However, if someone never wanted to appoint him in the first place isn’t it just consistent to say they still don’t want him in charge for the Spurs game?

Just now, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Anyone who doesn't get behind a manager who has just been appointed is welcome to go and 'support' somebody else.

Steve Cooper is very well liked by the fans and players of his former clubs. Give him a chance FFS.

Totally agree and forest fans will love him even more when he's took us down 100%

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Would’ve been perfect for us this season. Proven underdog mentality, plays decent football, young and ambitious etc.

Yeah he was worth the gamble, personally I settled on “if we don’t go up” because although he’s done a phenomenal job, it’s a big step up, but given the pre season we’ve had I’d have taken Röhl all day long. The pressing today was fantastic, Rangnick/Klopp Heavy Metal Football. 
proper football imo. 

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Have to agree. 

Only 35 years old and already has assistant manager at Bayern Munich & German national team on his CV.

I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday will be a stepping stone for him but they've definitely got a good asset for now.

Knowing how Chansiri runs Wednesday he could be gone by next week because he didn’t win by 5 lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Iran said:

Serious question, why do we need a new manager? Season hasn't even started yet...

Because, on the strength of the last 3  performances, we might not score all season and we're all over the place at the back.

I love a good manager witch hunt as much as the next person, but it’s abit early to go now.

Recruitment thus far hasn’t really addressed the issues we had last season as yet.. time is ticking and our budget is draining. If we don’t have the personnel then I do feel for the guy, he can’t turn water to wine!

12 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We spent £15 million on a CB when we already have plenty they could have easily afforded the £4 million compo they chose not to

And we are STILL short of PL quality centre-backs. It’s a position we’re badly exposed in. 

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

Because, on the strength of the last 3  performances, we might not score all season and we're all over the place at the back.

Well the manager needs his own players to be fair... Cooper was mentioning this in his post-match interview and how he needs reinforcements for a couple of positions.

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Disagree Vestergaard, Feas, coady are all prem ( lower to mid table) quality with Nelson as up and coming 

Faes is a nonchalant bombscare, Vestergaard is slow (and it already seems Cooper isn’t having him) and Coady is ageing and injury-prone. I’m happy to give Okoli a chance but he hasn’t convinced so far. I do like Nelson a lot, but will Cooper give him a chance?

People talk as if our biggest problem this season will be scoring goals. I think we’ll have just as many problems at the other end of the pitch. 

• Like 2

The club took the cheap and cheerful option in replacing Maresca. We had banked £10m quid that we hadn’t factored into our budget as we weren’t expecting him to leave. So we should have used a proportion of that to secure the best manager we could attract, instead we plumped for an out of work Manager who was the only one prepared to join and not challenge for change or wanting more control, we basically took a punt on someone the club thought would be a yes man and accept the current status quo. 

What an absolutely appalling way to conduct business, we should be scouting managers and coaches now for future appointments so when a change is required we move fast and decisively, I don’t think we have a any kind of succession plan or list of target managers that we monitor, I think we lose or change a manager and then wait for someone to approach us or apply and take it from there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The club took the cheap and cheerful option in replacing Maresca. We had banked £10m quid that we hadn’t factored into our budget as we weren’t expecting him to leave. So we should have used a proportion of that to secure the best manager we could attract, instead we plumped for an out of work Manager who was the only one prepared to join and not challenge for change or wanting more control, we basically took a punt on someone the club thought would be a yes man and accept the current status quo. 

What an absolutely appalling way to conduct business, we should be scouting managers and coaches now for future appointments so when a change is required we move fast and decisively, I don’t think we have a any kind of succession plan or list of target managers that we monitor, I think we lose or change a manager and then wait for someone to approach us or apply and take it from there. 

The next Manager position will be advertised on Indeed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Faes is a nonchalant bombscare, Vestergaard is slow (and it already seems Cooper isn’t having him) and Coady is ageing and injury-prone. I’m happy to give Okoli a chance but he hasn’t convinced so far. I do like Nelson a lot, but will Cooper give him a chance?

People talk as if our biggest problem this season will be scoring goals. I think we’ll have just as many problems at the other end of the pitch. 

Feas is a bombscar3 but with proper support is a competent player, Cooper not choosing Vestergaard os Coopers problem not Vestergaard brings into question Coopers judgement not Vestergaard's ability in my opinion slow is fine as long as as you have people to cover