Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Next Manager.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Corberan in.

Great win for the baggies today and will probably get automatic promotion while we're heading for the championship most likely and the sad thing is we won't be as strong in the championship as last season. Don't think Corberan will want to come here now after the board overlooked him for Cooper 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Have you watched any of the pre-season? 

Yes. And it’s been shit. But who do we have to score goals? We’ve got the most defensive looking midfield you could fine. Two wingers who have never played at this level. A striker who has shown he isn’t PL quality. One who is nearly 40 and one who is totally under prepared. We’ve signed multiple unproven midfielders. 

I’ve not said it’s been good. It hasn’t. We’re going down. I’ve accepted that already. But I’m not blaming Cooper for it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Great win for the baggies today and will probably get automatic promotion while we're heading for the championship most likely and the sad thing is we won't be as strong in the championship as last season. Don't think Corberan will want to come here now after the board overlooked him for Cooper 

Don't think they had much choice due to the compo. The £10 million has probably saved us, partially.

• Like 1

The level of effort from most of the team today was unacceptable. Cooper needs to hand out a tongue lashing to many of those who played.

In a strange way it may be the result that galvanises the team against Spurs next week.

But leadership starts from the Manager and I have'nt seen enough from Cooper yet.

He needs to get back to basics while he gets his idea's across to the players.

Vesty looked our best player roday when he came on and I expect to see him start now against Spurs.

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The level of effort from most of the team today was unacceptable. Cooper needs to hand out a tongue lashing to many of those who played.

In a strange way it may be the result that galvanises the team against Spurs next week.

But leadership starts from the Manager and I have'nt seen enough from Cooper yet.

He needs to get back to basics while he gets his idea's across to the players.

Vesty looked our best player roday when he came on and I expect to see him start now against Spurs.

We do not have enough quality to play possession football in the prem so the plan has to be good at the back, ability mixed with hard work in midfield with pace as outlets and a goal scorer - we do not have any of it - I for one wanted ndidi signed but he has looked leggy, winks anonymous and Fatawu under cooked to name three who I though would be fine……we need some energy and legs with some quality…….the next week is pivotal as we are miles away from being competitive and I have been to all the games except today which I watched online and I have not got a clue what cooper is setting us up to do and granted he inherited a mini crisis but he is damn well not improving the situation 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed, it's been dire.

Sad but true. You can see it on their faces!

I don't agree with that. When Enzo came in, morale was also on the floor. But he perked everyone up very quickly and instilled confidence in them. Several players even said they wanted to stay because they were excited to work with Maresca. I don't think I saw any happy faces in any of the 3 previous games.

Enzo had charisma, enthusiasm and presence, albeit with a misguided "experiment" in the style of play he imposed on us.

I'm struggling to see any of these attributes in Cooper. He looks and sounds dull. I can't imagine him having any banter with players that can make a difference to team building.

Just reflect back on the charismatic guy from Italy we had that gelled and enthused the team. A one off man that gave us a one off season. I could imagine the players would give a testicle to play for Ranieri.

Edited by Parafox

Really strange because I am usually one to give a manager or a player time once they are here regardless of my opinion before they are confirmed. I know it’s pre season and people will think it’s mental but if he got sacked tonight I’d be over the moon. It’s pre season and he is already blaming the players and asking for fresh blood. He has literally taken 2 of our biggest attacking threats and found a way to completely neutralise them. There is zero plan and not even a glimpse of anything remotely tactically structured. Every will think this is an over reaction but 5 games in everyone will agree. 

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

We do not have enough quality to play possession football in the prem so the plan has to be good at the back, ability mixed with hard work in midfield with pace as outlets and a goal scorer - we do not have any of it - I for one wanted ndidi signed but he has looked leggy, winks anonymous and Fatawu under cooked to name three who I though would be fine……we need some energy and legs with some quality…….the next week is pivotal as we are miles away from being competitive and I have been to all the games except today which I watched online and I have not got a clue what cooper is setting us up to do and granted he inherited a mini crisis but he is damn well not improving the situation 

I cant disagree with a lot of what you say. Unfortunitely the Club has wasted so mcuh money in recent seasons and nobody accountable.

NDiddi I think is playing for the money now more than the cause. He's a shadow of the player he once was. Winks will be targetted as he's the only midfielder who knows his position.

We're lucky in that we'll have 2 of the best Wingers in the league if used properly, providing width and opportunities for the Strikers.

You can't win Matches regularly without a proven striker and we don't have one other than Vardy. Cannon was useless when he came on and not good enough for this season.

Cooper is no Enzo but he was experimenting again today as he's still trying to figure out what he has got in the squad.  I would'nt be surprised if there's another friendly during the week, even behind closed doors.

We've signed a few for the future when we need quality right now. To have any chance of survival we need a proven quality goal scorer. Personnally I'd go old school.

Someone like Ulloa, Big strong and mobile, Good in the air and tidy on the ground. Who can also hold the Ball up and bring others into play while giving defenders a hard time.

A strong midfielder who can play a bit but also dish it out to the opposition in challenges.

A new LB to cover JJ although that new lad Oki could play there. But I'm not sure why we signed him with Nelson already in the squad.

The first Month is crucial because we have some winnable games. If we don't it will be a total meltdown.

Cant base things on pre season  

Problem is i dont think there is a small camp desperately Cooper to fail so say they cant say "told you so... forest reject"

I somehow dont think if Potter had the set of results hed be getting calls to go this early.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Realistically, we could have Pep and finish bottom given the mess the rest of the club is in. Don’t know what people expected after selling our manager, back room staff and best player in the off season, killing any momentum. Basically done what Sheffield United did last season and have no money to rebuild the squad. We have zero non-CDM central midfielders with senior experience, and no viable striker. There is next to no creativity and next to no goal threat in the squad. 

Enzo had the players on side that makes a huge difference going into a season imo, doesn't seem like that is the case with the new manager and that's not a good start.

• Like 1

Jesus I knew it’d be toxic this season but people blowing there loads already. Cmon none of this is coopers fault he’s inherited 4/5 years worth of crap and can’t do anything. People need to be mad at Top Rudkin Whealen BR these are the wollies that got us in this mess not cooper. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dobbylcfc said:

Jesus I knew it’d be toxic this season but people blowing there loads already. Cmon none of this is coopers fault he’s inherited 4/5 years worth of crap and can’t do anything. People need to be mad at Top Rudkin Whealen BR these are the wollies that got us in this mess not cooper. 

Cooper is the fall guy but why even appoint a fall guy in the first place? This season is about staying up, but did the board seriously think that Cooper would command the players respect? or the fans for that matter, crazy ass appointment.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

After we’ve been destroyed by Spurs, probably 6 or 9 - 0……. It might start to feel a bit different. 

If anyone sees a scoreline different to thus, then they need shooting.

We are gonna get BATTERED.  And it's not Cooper's fault.

RUDKIN OUT

• Like 2