Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Next Manager.

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Cooper is the fall guy but why even appoint a fall guy in the first place? This season is about staying up, but did the board seriously think that Cooper would command the players respect? or the fans for that matter, crazy ass appointment.

Why appointment him??? Err because he was the only one who wanted the job. Like I said it’s Rudkin and whelan fault they’ve run the club into the ground to the point we can’t afford the compensation for corberan ffs also the constant chasing of potter who every time he knocks us back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Jesus I knew it’d be toxic this season but people blowing there loads already. Cmon none of this is coopers fault he’s inherited 4/5 years worth of crap and can’t do anything. People need to be mad at Top Rudkin Whealen BR these are the wollies that got us in this mess not cooper. 

Yesterday he not only played Choudhury but also captained him. He also played Kristiansen while leaving Ricardo on the bench. He then brought on Mavididi, a winger, instead of Cannon, a striker, when Daka went off. These choices were mot forced on him - he made them himself. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Yesterday he not only played Choudhury but also captained him. He also played Kristiansen while leaving Ricardo on the bench. He then brought on Mavididi, a winger, instead of Cannon, a striker, when Daka went off.  These choices were mot forced on him - he made them himself. 

True but it was a friendly for minutes to get into legs ect let’s not forget we’ve had friendlies before where we’ve had two different 11’s for each half  just because he’s started kristensen doesn’t mean JJ won’t start at LB or riccy doesn’t start at RB also the cannon situation the only thing I can think of is cannon is crap in training because cooper isn’t the first one not to use him.

Anyone thought maybe the players look not confident due to the fact that there has been no effort to strengthen the team and they probably also realise we are screwed whoever is in charge? 

Maresca did a good job at bringing the confidence back but he was extremely well backed last summer and had a lot of shiney new toys to play with. The atmosphere around the club is more negative than last summer despite promotion. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Anyone thought maybe the players look not confident due to the fact that there has been no effort to strengthen the team and they probably also realise we are screwed whoever is in charge? 

Maresca did a good job at bringing the confidence back but he was extremely well backed last summer and had a lot of shiney new toys to play with. The atmosphere around the club is more negative than last summer despite promotion. 

No, the lack of confidence is due to the difference in coaching / coaching styles.

Enzo clearly drills players, intensely, to the point the patterns are rotations are second nature.

He’s also a very charismatic character with a dominating personality.

Cooper is clearly so very much different - players were looking to the sideline for a voice, some sort of instruction, from very early on yesterday.

That nothing of any note came across judging by the sheer lack of tactical change throughout could be to Cooper’s quick detriment because that’s how you lose a squad.

It’s not being overly dramatic to suggest Cooper has around 6 games to prove he should continue in the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yesterday he not only played Choudhury but also captained him. He also played Kristiansen while leaving Ricardo on the bench. He then brought on Mavididi, a winger, instead of Cannon, a striker, when Daka went off. These choices were mot forced on him - he made them himself. 

That is legitimate criticism but we don't know if Ricardo is carrying an injury or his fitness needs to be managed, but do you honestly think that it would have been different had he started him and bought on Cannon?

Our problems are much deeper than that and Cooper is on a hiding to nothing.

16 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Realistically, we could have Pep and finish bottom given the mess the rest of the club is in. Don’t know what people expected after selling our manager, back room staff and best player in the off season, killing any momentum. Basically done what Sheffield United did last season and have no money to rebuild the squad. We have zero non-CDM central midfielders with senior experience, and no viable striker. There is next to no creativity and next to no goal threat in the squad. 

Not sure I agree. I think if we still had Enzo, and the recruitment was along the same lines as last summer then we would be in a much better position. I’d at least think we were better than Ipswich and Southampton but right now we’re a long way off them. He has come in and made us significantly, significantly worse. Seeing the players argue between themselves yday whilst cooper was just talking to his staff made it feel like he’s on borrowed time already. 

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

In his post-match interview, Cooper said that the players themselves really want to see other players coming in because 'they've played in both leagues and know the difference in the level'. He was basically admitting that everyone's confidence is low already. That's not on him tbf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It is also a friendly and may not be what he does come the real games. Why on earth we still have these conversation about pre season games every year is beyond me, year after year after year they turn out to be totally meaningless… and yet now apparently we need to sack the manager.

He may or may not be woeful, Christ he’s already operating with one arm tied behind his back. But nothing in preseason should be used against him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

In his post-match interview, Cooper said that the players themselves really want to see other players coming in because 'they've played in both leagues and know the difference in the level'. He was basically admitting that everyone's confidence is low already. That's not on him tbf

I mean they aren’t stupid are they! They know we lost our best player, they know we’ve not really signed anyone of any quality, they lost their manager and they know we are going to get hit with a points deduction. 

It’s his job to try and bring them back up, but Christ the club need to throw the bloke a bone to help him.

• Like 3

:claude:im the first to dump my wife for cooking shit food, not cleaning the house abd look after the kids, however its my job to provide her the tools and give her the opportunity.  Our fans are just crazy, the man has been given no time and shit signings, and we havent kicked a ball in the league.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Lets see if Top has learnt anything from last time (IF we're heading towards relegation at Christmas)...

Wishful thinking more like relegated at Xmas.

17 hours ago, Pliskin said:

After we’ve been destroyed by Spurs, probably 6 or 9 - 0……. It might start to feel a bit different. 

That's not even fvcking funny 😒 😐  any cvnt but spuds going that to us is fine.

Spuds game is going to ruin my trip to Dublin to see AC/DC

26 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Embarrassing shit. Give the guy a chance. 

Disagree completely. This is not about giving him a chance or results in pre season, it’s about what we are seeing and we know is coming and it’s bad. Its not really coopers fault, he’s just not the right fit. The people moaning about cooper now (myself included) are not doing so off the back of pre season. We are doing so because we disagreed with the appointment originally, we didn’t agree with it then and still don’t now. So far he has shown me nothing in any way whatsoever he is right for this job. Following the man blindly on a fan forum is not going to change it. He’s not right for this job and in 5 games times people that are not on board will be. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Jesus I knew it’d be toxic this season but people blowing there loads already. Cmon none of this is coopers fault he’s inherited 4/5 years worth of crap and can’t do anything. People need to be mad at Top Rudkin Whealen BR these are the wollies that got us in this mess not cooper. 

I agree we don't have a midfield !! Winks is OK but past his best, Ndidi way past his best, Soumare was always crap. Coopers come in and we've tried to sign some players but nobody decent wants to come here, that's not his fault !

It's not rocket science, we're not replacing the class players  that have left ,but you cant blame that on a manager that has just arrived !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Disagree completely. This is not about giving him a chance or results in pre season, it’s about what we are seeing and we know is coming and it’s bad. Its not really coopers fault, he’s just not the right fit. The people moaning about cooper now (myself included) are not doing so off the back of pre season. We are doing so because we disagreed with the appointment originally, didn’t agree with it then and still done know. So far he has shown me nothing in any way whatsoever he is right for this job. Following the man blindly on a fan forum is not going to change it. He’s not right for this job and in 5 games times people that are not on board will be. 

So you are not giving the guy a chance as I said. 

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is also a friendly and may not be what he does come the real games. Why on earth we still have these conversation about pre season games every year is beyond me, year after year after year they turn out to be totally meaningless… and yet now apparently we need to sack the manager.

He may or may not be woeful, Christ he’s already operating with one arm tied behind his back. But nothing in preseason should be used against him. 

In the main I agree and if it were any of the previous preseason games I wouldn’t have bothered commenting. But typically the final preseason game provides a fairly clear sense of the selection and tactics likely to be used in the first league game. Yesterday the line-up was baffling and the tactics were indecipherable. In his post-match interview Cooper sounded almost like a broken man and basically admitted that the players aren’t even close to executing the game plan, whatever it is. Contrast this to last year and the focus and clarity under Maresca. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be concerned.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Disagree completely. This is not about giving him a chance or results in pre season, it’s about what we are seeing and we know is coming and it’s bad. Its not really coopers fault, he’s just not the right fit. The people moaning about cooper now (myself included) are not doing so off the back of pre season. We are doing so because we disagreed with the appointment originally, we didn’t agree with it then and still don’t now. So far he has shown me nothing in any way whatsoever he is right for this job. Following the man blindly on a fan forum is not going to change it. He’s not right for this job and in 5 games times people that are not on board will be. 

It sounds to me like you never wanted him and aren’t prepared to give him a chance. I can’t believe how bothered people are by results/ team selection in pre season.

I would have preferred Corberan but the board decided to go with Cooper, so I will get behind him. If we get to the end of October and he can’t win a game I might feel differently.

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

So you are not giving the guy a chance as I said. 

Based on what I have seen, no. I also don’t think it makes any difference if I do or not, my opinion on FT is not going to change the outcome. I will still support and hope he proves me wrong. However,  my opinion of Steve cooper and this job has not changed in any way, I think it 5-10 games you will agree with it. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

It sounds to me like you never wanted him and aren’t prepared to give him a chance. I can’t believe how bothered people are by results/ team selection in pre season.

I would have preferred Corberan but the board decided to go with Cooper, so I will get behind him. If we get to the end of October and he can’t win a game I might feel differently.

Correct never wanted him and from what I have seen, that opinion is proving correct. It’s not about results, it’s about what I’m seeing and so far seeing nothing. I will of course hope for success, willingly support, I  would be ecstatic if he proves me wrong.

I just don’t see the importance of getting behind a manager on a forum that is designed to discuss opinions and Predictions especially,  doing so against what I am actually thinking will happen. I don’t think it will have any bearing whatsoever on the outcome. 

I will however still cheer my heart out and cooper will not notice that I don’t think he is the right man for the job. 😜

Edited by DezFox

2 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

I’m sure this won’t be the last time it’s mentioned but he has only lost KDH from a team that breezed the championship, there is enough experience in the origin squad to get a tune out of, yet yesterday they showed they have gone backwards in trying to implement Coopers ‘style’ (?).

He whinged he had to play players out of position, not sure which other than maybe Ndidi who did play further forward last year mind, but still we could all pick a team to play yesterday that included someone in a position they are used to and been more competitive.

We all want new signings every team needs refreshing (yes even when Rodgers said it) but he’s talking already like this squad have jumped from Lge 1 not breezed the championship & whilst it’s not lost on me that there is a gap between divisions we have a core of premiership players, it’s only been 1 season out.

It’s Cooper’s fault for yesterday if it’s Rodgers fault for relegation. (I also blame players but on here seems it’s all about the manager)

Saying all that I agree that Rudkin is an issue and that part of the business needs a refresh also, ideally that should have been done at the start of last season.

16 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Based on what I have seen, no. I also don’t think it makes any difference if I do or not, my opinion on FT is not going to change the outcome. I will still support and hope he proves me wrong. However,  my opinion of Steve cooper and this job has not changed in any way, I think it 5-10 games you will agree with it. 

You said you didn't support him when he was appointed in your original post not what just what you've seen. I hope he proves you wrong and all the others. I can remember the reaction when Claudio was appointed. Having said that, I do have doubts though much of that is because of the squad and the recruitment. But let's see... All the best. 

It isn’t being too reactionary to question team selections, substitutions, tactics etc, yes of course Cooper should be given reasonable time however, the results, performances and patterns of play are poor we look toothless in attack and devoid of ideas, this is after 5 weeks of coaching  and working with the players. Whilst we are light squad wise in terms of quality additions the level of opponents that have beaten us the last 3 games to Nil are hardly world beaters therefore there is every reason to be concerned and to question if Cooper is the right appointment. 

He is already making team selections to prove a point, why not give Alves or Golding an opportunity as an attacking midfielder rather than picking the midfield 3 he did, also refusing to give Cannon any meaningful minutes and opportunities is also frustrating. It’s not started well and for an appointment that divides opinion he can ill afford to get off to a poor start as I am not sure he will be afforded the patience of the fanbase.