Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Next Manager.

17 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Anyone who doesn't get behind a manager who has just been appointed is welcome to go and 'support' somebody else.

Steve Cooper is very well liked by the fans and players of his former clubs. Give him a chance FFS.

If people are seriously calling for a manager's head before he's been in charge of a game, especially given how utterly unmanageable our current predicament is, then there's a problem.

I suspect people are again failing to direct their frustrations in the right direction. It's Rudkin. It's the FFP conspiracy. It's Rodgers. It's Maresca. It's Cooper. At some point we have to question the person who actually is responsible for most of the problems we're facing.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

She just oversea's the financial side of the Club nothing to do with choosing Signings, Someone else makes those decisions.

TBH it's the financial side that's fvcked up. She's allowed us to spend to much on players and pay huge wages. I'm not at all claiming Rudkin is upto the job.

But finances are down to her and Top. Rudkin can only spend what they sanction and that's the fvck up.

58 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

If people are seriously calling for a manager's head before he's been in charge of a game, especially given how utterly unmanageable our current predicament is, then there's a problem.

I suspect people are again failing to direct their frustrations in the right direction. It's Rudkin. It's the FFP conspiracy. It's Rodgers. It's Maresca. It's Cooper. At some point we have to question the person who actually is responsible for most of the problems we're facing.

Edit - Sorry I misread your post.

I have a 4 week old baby and am very sleep deprived!

Ignore me :D

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

16 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Edit - Sorry I misread your post.

I have a 4 week old baby and am very sleep deprived!

Ignore me :D

Oh, don't worry. You can have a go if you want, you'll be needing to vent spleen with someone if you have a wee one... Rest up!

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2024 at 08:34, ClaphamFox said:

Yesterday he not only played Choudhury but also captained him. He also played Kristiansen while leaving Ricardo on the bench. He then brought on Mavididi, a winger, instead of Cannon, a striker, when Daka went off. These choices were mot forced on him - he made them himself. 

Mav will be playing as striker.   Mark my words.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Rudkin can only spend what they sanction and that's the fvck up.

That's what they said about Twat Taylor.  Difference is, he went relatively quickly.  Rudkin is just prolonging the decline.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Did it ever get reported why the Potter deal fell through? Did he just decline after seeing what a shit show we are?

He's still getting paid by Chelsea by all accounts. Seems to have zero motivation to get back into the game right now. I'm certain he'd be a shoo-in for the England job if he really wanted it, but obviously he doesn't, hence why Carsley has been put in temporary charge.

Preston have sacked Lowe after just one game of the championship season. Although I don't think Leicester will follow suit if the first 5 matches are all defeats then maybe Cooper will be gone 🤔 

if preason and tactics have got anything to go by we are screwed this season, but even I will give Stevie C a chance once the actual season starts, if after 10 games we are in dire shit then he should go, but who will want to come to us ? with the points deduction we are doomed, I honestly think, and we will spend a few season the in the championship

3 hours ago, inckley fox said:

The club itself is a mess due to Rudkin & Whelan doing a terrible job. Top obviously gets a huge amount of blame for allowing the two incompetents to run the club into the ground. 

I don't believe any manager will have any success until Top gets rid of Rudkin & Whelan & steps down as chairman. Changing managers now would be the same as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. We need upper management who know the job first, people who have been successful elsewhere.

Edited by gurru991

18 hours ago, sylofox said:

TBH it's the financial side that's fvcked up. She's allowed us to spend to much on players and pay huge wages. I'm not at all claiming Rudkin is upto the job.

But finances are down to her and Top. Rudkin can only spend what they sanction and that's the fvck up.

While you have a point that's not the whole story. She's only an oversees the finances she doesn't micro manage them.

She's also stated many times she knows nothing about Football and so leaves it to others. Most likely Top, Rudkin and Glover.

Money is not the issue either, PSR is the big problem, It' corrupt and flawed.  Why do small Clubs have to sell the crown jewels while the big Clubs can sell Assets to themselves.

Where we went wrong was in trying to play by the rules when we should have used the loopholes in PSR also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

While you have a point that's not the whole story. She's only an oversees the finances she doesn't micro manage them.

She's also stated many times she knows nothing about Football and so leaves it to others. Most likely Top, Rudkin and Glover.

Money is not the issue either, PSR is the big problem, It' corrupt and flawed.  Why do small Clubs have to sell the crown jewels while the big Clubs can sell Assets to themselves.

Where we went wrong was in trying to play by the rules when we should have used the loopholes in PSR also.

How long have you two been married.

Finance is finance read the rules and understand them or get someone to help. She don't need to know football.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

How long have you two been married.

Finance is finance read the rules and understand them or get someone to help. She don't need to know football.

I don't like scapegoating anyone especially when they're not guilty.

How many of small Clubs CEOs have achived what she has, in builing the clubs value to at least 10 times it's purchase price.

Not to mention winning the league and Cup in the same 15 year period.

Perhaps you'll enlighten me. What rules are you talking about.