Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Next Manager.

I think Nuno first sacking. Not even just a Forest thing against them, but the way they do their business, and they were hardly impressive under him after he was appointed last season. 

Think even if Cooper gets off to a bad start with us we are patient with managers, sometimes too much. 

Maresca will cost too much money for Chelsea to sack too early, and I think they might have a good season tbh. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2024 at 02:09, ClaphamFox said:

Faes is a nonchalant bombscare, Vestergaard is slow (and it already seems Cooper isn’t having him) and Coady is ageing and injury-prone. I’m happy to give Okoli a chance but he hasn’t convinced so far. I do like Nelson a lot, but will Cooper give him a chance?

People talk as if our biggest problem this season will be scoring goals. I think we’ll have just as many problems at the other end of the pitch. 

The funny thing is that Coady has gone his whole career without a significant injury but now has got injured in pre-season two years in a row. I would like to see Nelson given a chance but Cooper has been a bit hesitant with our youngsters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't like scapegoating anyone especially when they're not guilty.

How many of small Clubs CEOs have achived what she has, in builing the clubs value to at least 10 times it's purchase price.

Not to mention winning the league and Cup in the same 15 year period.

Perhaps you'll enlighten me. What rules are you talking about. 

In football terms.

You're as good as your last game. Sadly for Whelan she has fvcked that up.

But hey let's keep bailing them out for past achievements.

CR won the prem but its fine to sack him for poor performance the next season but Whelan can live on it forever even with her monumental fvck up.

So by what rules do you think the club should be run? ? ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Should’ve been Corberan anyway

I am not sure what the infatuation is on here with him - he has not proven much tbh and personally Moyes would have been who I would have gone all out for as he knows how to keep teams up - even poor ones and we needed someone with a clear plan who could wheel and deal - we have gone the wrong way imo but time will tell!

Edited by Old Fox

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The funny thing is that Coady has gone his whole career without a significant injury but now has got injured in pre-season two years in a row. I would like to see Nelson given a chance but Cooper has been a bit hesitant with our youngsters.

Very true .... if we get off to a bad start the injury list will get longer ... when I say injury I'm including headache, broken nail, got to take the dog to the vets, wife says I'm not allowed out .... this season is going to be tough ..... ask Billy Ocean 

18 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Paolo Sousa lasted 9 games

Steve Cooper : Higher or Lower

Higher - he will get until Xmas and maybe then Jan window - he is working with both hands tied behind his back and the board will

know that - an under whelming choice but he will be given time even if we are terrible ….

I think there is something wrong at our club.  What, I can't understand I watched Sheff Utd play last night against Wrexham in the Carabao cup.  Souttar was outstanding for them, winning every header in the box and was always a threat from corners.  Even the commentary team were praising him, saying things like there's Souttar again commanding at the back etc.

Yet, here is a player not deemed in the slightest good enough, for us, and like some, not given a chance.

Now, I ask myself why is that?  Rodgers, Cooper, Maresca, three managers thought he wasn't good enough for us yet, he played really well last night when given a chance.  We stick with

sideshow Bob, (Faes) who quite frankly, you never know which Faes is going to turn up and Okoli.  (why did we sign him?) another centreback, when we need a creative midfielder.

Rudkin, is the man to blame for the transfer dealings at the club.  He has to take responsibility.  We, as we know have too many players on ridiculous wages, we can't shift these players because of their wages.  No other teams, can afford them, hence why like Praet, Ward, they will happily run down their contracts and take their paychecks etc.  Seriously, Choudary for example 80,000 a week?

Seriously wow?  Ward, 60,000.  That, is the problem.

We could have any manager, the best, but working at Leicester it must be one hell of a bind.

Cooper, Rodgers, Maresca all alluded too we need more players, the squad isn't good enough to compete etc,etc.  Yet, nothing happens.  

Rudkin is the man to blame he has to be.

6 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I think there is something wrong at our club.  What, I can't understand I watched Sheff Utd play last night against Wrexham in the Carabao cup.  Souttar was outstanding for them, winning every header in the box and was always a threat from corners.  Even the commentary team were praising him, saying things like there's Souttar again commanding at the back etc.

Yet, here is a player not deemed in the slightest good enough, for us, and like some, not given a chance.

Now, I ask myself why is that?  Rodgers, Cooper, Maresca, three managers thought he wasn't good enough for us yet, he played really well last night when given a chance.  We stick with

sideshow Bob, (Faes) who quite frankly, you never know which Faes is going to turn up and Okoli.  (why did we sign him?) another centreback, when we need a creative midfielder.

Rudkin, is the man to blame for the transfer dealings at the club.  He has to take responsibility.  We, as we know have too many players on ridiculous wages, we can't shift these players because of their wages.  No other teams, can afford them, hence why like Praet, Ward, they will happily run down their contracts and take their paychecks etc.  Seriously, Choudary for example 80,000 a week?

Seriously wow?  Ward, 60,000.  That, is the problem.

We could have any manager, the best, but working at Leicester it must be one hell of a bind.

Cooper, Rodgers, Maresca all alluded too we need more players, the squad isn't good enough to compete etc,etc.  Yet, nothing happens.  

Rudkin is the man to blame he has to be.

Didnt Rodgers play him? I thought it was Smith who didnt like him in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Basildon Fox said:

What I find staggering is that we refused to spend a couple of million to get Corberan because we couldn't afford it, then signed Okoli, who we did not need, for £13m.

The logic baffles me.

Where's your source for this? 

1 hour ago, Basildon Fox said:

What I find staggering is that we refused to spend a couple of million to get Corberan because we couldn't afford it, then signed Okoli, who we did not need, for £13m.

The logic baffles me.

Would that be the Carlos Corberan who’s West Brom side has won one pre-season game this summer - and those games includes a 4-1 defeat to Birmingham - and saw his side knocked out to Fleetwood in the cup last night? 

8 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Would that be the Carlos Corberan who’s West Brom side has won one pre-season game this summer - and those games includes a 4-1 defeat to Birmingham - and saw his side knocked out to Fleetwood in the cup last night? 

Yeh but he's got a fancy name, worth every penny

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yeh but he's got a fancy name, worth every penny

I’m not saying Cooper’s the answer - but the way West Brom lost to us at their place gives me serious doubts about Corberan as a manager.

And at least with Cooper you can accept it feels a somewhat ‘stop gap’ appointment; one designed to bridge us over a 12-18 month period.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

In football terms.

You're as good as your last game. Sadly for Whelan she has fvcked that up.

But hey let's keep bailing them out for past achievements.

CR won the prem but its fine to sack him for poor performance the next season but Whelan can live on it forever even with her monumental fvck up.

So by what rules do you think the club should be run? ? ?

So your not going to enlighten me as to these rules you mentioned.

Isn't achievements the way business works, If you do a good job you get rewarded wtih a new Contract.

CR got himself sacked , Yes by poor performances, Because he effectively gave up on the job. 

I'd like to see us get back to where we were under Pearson.  Pearson wasn't a great Coach but he knows how to build a Football Club properly. 

I'd bring him back as DOF with total control over all football matters. It seems like we've given up on almost every value he put in place.

Down the road I think Top will take over total control of the Football Club in some sort of Family arrangement with KP.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Remind us what happened in the most important game he’s had this season?  

Edited by CosbehFox

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

He was playing Wrexham and their fourth choice striker, Sam Dalby. It’s a fair comparison to make