Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

King Power

What are your thoughts about them, since them taking over the club?

Personally feel that, if Vichai was still here, many things would be done differently - in a positive way..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’ll probably get slated for this but nothing really would have been different. Vichai was a wonderful man but he really benefits in people’s mind for not being around to make those mistakes 

Would have made mistakes and got things wrong but in ignoring the fact he was actually a businessman (which Top isn't really), his pure ability to inspire people or at least engage with them would have made a huge difference. Of course did benefit from the great people around him but don't forget he employed them and he made good strategic decisions (and still some bad ones); Top basically hasn't made any and just blunder after blunder. Don't think the club would have drifted as it has

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’ll probably get slated for this but nothing really would have been different. Vichai was a wonderful man but he really benefits in people’s mind for not being around to make those mistakes 

This is so true, I think Top has done everything Vichai would have done, it's the same team he put in. He was a loyal man perhaps to his fault the same as Top. 

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Vichai made plenty of mistakes but he learnt from them.

Top has had to deal with the death of his dad and learning how to be a CEO of a multinational billion pound company at the same time. And then a once in a century pandemic which wiped out the industry you rely on and 80% of its wealth.

I think he put his trust in the same people his dad did but hasn’t inherited the ruthless streak when they make mistakes. The fact that Rudkin is STILL our DOF is both shocking and embarrassing and for me, putting this club’s future in deep jeopardy.

On the other hand, you can’t get away from the fact that PSR’s introduction has caused a lot of our issues over the last 3 years. We are not operating in a fair competition and have exclusively been the victim of a league in the pockets of its “biggest” clubs, aggressively protecting their position. What’s happened to us in the last 3 years is as artificial as Manchester City’s triumphs over the last 15 years. There’s a reason these rules have affected so many other clubs in the last two years. The whole thing is utterly corrupt. 

So I’m not King Power out yet. I think they have a right to fix this mess but also stand up for ourselves against such hostility. But my patience is wearing very, very thin. Top needs to be more involved and develop some ruthlessness and make some changes at board level. Show the ambition he says he has and recruit higher quality, better experienced leaders in those roles. Now. 

What are the “plenty of mistakes” Vichai made? Just out of interest, plenty suggests a lot of regular mistakes 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

What are the “plenty of mistakes” Vichai made? Just out of interest, plenty suggests a lot of regular mistakes 

Not suggesting there were regular either but think he'd have done that 16-17 summer transfer window again if given the choice. We were the best in the country, we had never had a better hand to recruit and establish ourselves as a European side

Still makes me sad that was our only CL appearance to date

Could argue Puel should have been shown the door sooner as well. Writing was on the wall after that Palace humbling the season before

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

The anger I had towards him is now just sadness. Sadness for what he has done and will continue to do to us. The difference with us and other clubs is we have members in our fan base (albeit dwindling now) who enable him, support him, encourage him. 

What he has done to our club, if he had done at any other business would’ve had him hauled in front of a parliamentary committee asking for answers. 

Iv'e long said that LCFC was Vichai's baby. Loved it, nurtured it and gave it the best he could.

Now it feels like one of Top's long distance cousins that nobody mentions and has become something of an irritating burden that's dragging him and us down and he doesn't know what to do with it.

• Sad 1

I don’t think they will sell anytime soon.

Unfortunately we are like a shrine to Vichais’ passing to them. It’s weird and I wonder if this is also what has kept the development on hold. Them Not wanting to make major alterations. 

If there is any truth in the rumours that Top needs other approval from the rest of the King Power board before operating, we’re basically wading through mud and red tape. 

May as well blend this with the King Power topic, it’s all one and same. He is not his father. 

Vichai made mistakes even when he purchased us. 

No ride in business is simple.

He’s overseen one of worst fall from graces ever in footballing terms.

I’m not sure which is worse.

Leicester  - Premier League / FA Cup winners to relegated and financial mess.

Blackburn - Premier League winners, then relegated to League 1 (eventually)! Years in the championship wilderness. 

Irrespective of your views on the chairman/ownership, did we really need another 'Top' thread? (which let's be honest, was only created on the back of yesterday afternoon's debacle).

• Like 2

Don’t get me wrong King power have been fantastic for us for the last 10+ years. It could have been worse we could’ve ended up with a Mike Ashley or the bloke who’s run Everton. But let’s face it since Vichai passed the club has got worse year on year. A club they relies on the influence of Susan whelan and John tosspot Rudkin is always going to be in trouble.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

think he put his trust in the same people his dad did but hasn’t inherited the ruthless streak when they make mistakes. The fact that Rudkin is STILL our DOF is both shocking and embarrassing and for me, putting this club’s future in deep jeopard

This. Top should be admired and respected for the trust and loyalty he has shown to those who run LCFC.
There are many reasons why we are in this predicament some not at the all the fault of the club but the lack of agile decision making and gumption to make structural changes lies at the feet of the owner.