Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

King Power

No good saying KP have been good for us, it’s what they are and will be like. 

Top isn’t going to sack Rudkin or Whelan off his own back. If he won’t instigate positive changes then he’s the problem. Doesn’t matter then we won the FA cup 3 years ago.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Tommy G said:

What are the “plenty of mistakes” Vichai made? Just out of interest, plenty suggests a lot of regular mistakes 

Overly generous to the players and approving unsustainable wages which we're still struggling with.

So wasn't sure where to put this, 

But I'm currently down in Sherborne near Weymouth, the hotel receptionist asks where we are from and I said Leicester, the excitement on her face, I ask why so happy about us being from Leicester and she responds by saying she's a Leicester fan. I ask if she was from Leicester and she said she's local to here, so obviously I ask, why Leicester. She goes on to explain that she played in goal at school and she idolised Kasper and then after the Prem win she fell in love with the mighty foxes. Now some might say plastic but actually she still follows and comes to some games when she can to this day. Just goes to show what King Power actually did for us and for that I'll be forever grateful. 

• Like 1

Every empire crumbles eventually. It was a blast that brought us some extroadinary memories and achievements that not one of us could ever dream of.

Thay being said, this club, and its board have stagnated something awful over the last few years, lumbering from one faux pas after another. We all know it is time for a change at the top, but whilst the hierarchy shows no desire for change, don't be expecting to see any different on the pitch either.

Relegation this season? Probably. But will settle for 17th on the last day of the season, and I realistically cannot set my sights any higher with the board currently running the club, and running it into the ground.

On 10/08/2024 at 23:35, Wymsey said:

What are your thoughts about them, since them taking over the club?

Personally feel that, if Vichai was still here, many things would be done differently - in a positive way..

Cue the replies that Top has done a great job and there has been no leadership change.

9 hours ago, sm1 said:

I dont think you can blame Vichai for our ridiculous wage bill. As a comparison in 2018, when he died, our wage bill was around the same as West Ham. By 2023 ours had ballooned to 206M compared to 136M for West Ham. There has been massive financial mismanagement since Top took over, and he along with Whelan and Rudkin, are responsible for it.

Not a fair comparison really, the £206m includes an extended accounting period. Plus, compare our turnover in 2018 and the wages would be a massive percentage of it. 

There’s no doubt that we have had unreal times under king power and that will never be forgotten. The problem is that since Vichai passed, you have a guy in charge that has had no experience of being the boss is such a big institution like us. He completely relies on Rudkin, he’s made no changes to the boardroom because he knows if he does, he won’t have that cushty relationship that he has with our current chief executive that essentially does everything for him. Relegation was a chance to re-set and he did naff all. That was the most telling thing. He genuinely cares for the club but the way the club has treated the fanbase in the last few years is pretty disappointing to put it lightly. Also, considering the relationship between the club and fans about 5 years ago was the best in the country compared to where it is now as one of the worst is pretty hard to do. King power are so ingrained in the club I don’t see him ever selling to be honest. Not saying that everything will be hunky dory if he does but it feels like the club needs a re-set of ownership and board room. 

On 11/08/2024 at 08:59, Stadt said:

No good saying KP have been good for us, it’s what they are and will be like. 

Top isn’t going to sack Rudkin or Whelan off his own back. If he won’t instigate positive changes then he’s the problem. Doesn’t matter then we won the FA cup 3 years ago.

Really? Winning major trophies is irrelevant? What on earth are we following football for then?

• Like 1

Things are bad at the moment, and have been since Covid.

But seriously lads, give that head of yours a good wobble.

Were you following us when we nearly didn’t have a club anymore? That wasn’t great, neither was the bit before that. Mandaric era? No that wasn’t great either. League one?… I could go on.

Football, like anything, is cyclical.

We ended one and started a very different one.

Yes things are bad at the moment, but balance and context are important.

As is life - up and down, bad and good, rough and smooth. Just got to ride it out lads, things will get better eventually, it just might take a while.

Rudkin has needed to go for a long time, long before this recent shambles, but we have to accept that will never happen either.

• Like 2

To get a more accurate picture of King Power’s impact at Leicester city, I think it always helps to place the credit for our success on and off the pitch, onto the agency of Nigel Pearson and his staff. Regardless of Vichai but from the moment Pearson left, the club has been eroding off the pitch. Despite success, we had a manager who could manage upwards successfully and that’s what you need when there is a lack of knowledge or  basic incompetence. They trusted him and that was the best thing they ever did.

• Like 3

KP have given us the greatest moments us Leicester fans could have ever wished and dreamed for, however that doesn’t give them a free pass or exemption from challenge or criticism, of course clubs have to progress and move with the times, but the club has moved in a direction that has largely disconnected itself from the fanbase  and lost what was a very special bond between club and supporters. 

In addition to this the club has taken strategic decisions in relation to the football side that led to a catastrophic relegation and significant breaches of FFP & PSR which will highly likely lead to another relegation and yet despite these failings there has been zero changes to the people who are the key decision makers. 

Following our relegation tough decisions needed to be made and a top to bottom review and challenge as to the strategic direction of the club. There had to be a reset, it seemed in Enzo we had someone who would challenge the club and he had a plan and strategy and we looked to be heading in some sort of positive direction, Enzo has now gone and let’s be honest we look like a an absolute clown show. Which shows there is next to no long term strategic planning within the current administration. They are no longer fit for purpose. Either Top has to make some very ruthless decisions and bring in experienced football leaders or it’s time to sell up, because if we continue with this current regime, our next relegation will see us out of the top flight for many a year to come. 

12 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Really? Winning major trophies is irrelevant? What on earth are we following football for then?

Players and managers decline/go stale so do we just have to put up with bad ownership in 2030, 2040, 2050 because we won the FA Cup under Top?

Our trajectory isn't looking good. Top won't change anything so he's culpable and we certainly won't be competing for trophies again whilst this exact board and ownership structure is in place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Things are bad at the moment, and have been since Covid.

But seriously lads, give that head of yours a good wobble.

Were you following us when we nearly didn’t have a club anymore? That wasn’t great, neither was the bit before that. Mandaric era? No that wasn’t great either. League one?… I could go on.

Football, like anything, is cyclical.

We ended one and started a very different one.

Yes things are bad at the moment, but balance and context are important.

As is life - up and down, bad and good, rough and smooth. Just got to ride it out lads, things will get better eventually, it just might take a while.

Rudkin has needed to go for a long time, long before this recent shambles, but we have to accept that will never happen either.

The problem we now have is that the debts and the finances are so bad that if King Power no longer propped the club up we would be all but dead. PSR is unfair, but certainly exposes incompetence.

11 hours ago, hejammy said:

So wasn't sure where to put this, 

But I'm currently down in Sherborne near Weymouth, the hotel receptionist asks where we are from and I said Leicester, the excitement on her face, I ask why so happy about us being from Leicester and she responds by saying she's a Leicester fan. I ask if she was from Leicester and she said she's local to here, so obviously I ask, why Leicester. She goes on to explain that she played in goal at school and she idolised Kasper and then after the Prem win she fell in love with the mighty foxes. Now some might say plastic but actually she still follows and comes to some games when she can to this day. Just goes to show what King Power actually did for us and for that I'll be forever grateful. 

Shame she's not Thai, she could have been on the pitch for the trophy lift.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Quite simply the best owners we've ever had, and currently destroying that legacy.

Agreed.

The latter point is why they should possibly consider selling the club - as when will it be the next time they'll make the club succeed in terms of trophies etc?

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

that's not what was said, the point is past performance doesn't give permanent protection from poor future performance 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

that's not what was said, the point is past performance doesn't give permanent protection from poor future performance 

On 11/08/2024 at 08:59, Stadt said:

Edited by Foxmeister