Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

King Power

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Agreed.

The latter point is why they should possibly consider selling the club - as when will it be the next time they'll make the club succeed in terms of trophies etc?

Exactly, they've reached the pinnacle of what they could possibly achieve with the club. Should have sold up after the FA Cup win. I often wonder what it is they (or anyone for that matter) gets out of running a football club, because it's certainly not money..

20 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

The point I'm making is it doesn't matter what we have done (in the past) if what we will do (in the future) is reeking displays of incompetence. 

Does wining the FA Cup, further away by the day, mean being poorly ran is fine for an indefinite amount of time, yes or no?

33 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The point I'm making is it doesn't matter what we have done (in the past) if what we will do (in the future) is reeking displays of incompetence. 

Does wining the FA Cup, further away by the day, mean being poorly ran is fine for an indefinite amount of time, yes or no?

Both matter don't they? As with anything in life we want positive memories and hope for the future. Right now we have the former but not the latter. 

28 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Both matter don't they? As with anything in life we want positive memories and hope for the future. Right now we have the former but not the latter. 

We don't treat players or managers in the same way. We'd be beholden to Rodgers because he won the FA cup. Credit in the bank is fine if we course correct, Top lets his crew crash into iceberg after iceberg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

The biggest error they made was putting their faith and trust in that horrible scroat Rodgers. They gave him their support and loyalty but it was sadly abused by said scroat. He didn’t give a flying fook what damage he was causing the club because by sabotaging us with his crazy selections and comments he knew if we sunk low enough he would get his payout and blame the club. 
Yes the board made mistakes but the biggest was giving that snake loyalty he didn’t remotely deserve.

Bang on. That also is absolutely Rudkin's fault. Rodgers has fried much bigger fish than John. He was the boss you know from day one you can absolutely run rings round because they are completely out their depth. He would have been able to dictate absolutely anything. 

The role where you need the best interests of the club above anything including the manager, and we had a pandering idiot who was in awe of the former Celtic and Liverpool man he couldn't believe they'd managed to capture on a 8m a year contract. 

17 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

If we viewed managers in the same way the owners are viewed, then we’d still have Rodgers or Ranieri in charge. 

But we don’t because they got bad at their job. Which is exactly what’s happening here 

Yes. The owners, like those managers, have run their course. We will be living in the past as long as they are here. Our days of competing are over.

10 hours ago, dooflip said:

Things are bad at the moment, and have been since Covid.

But seriously lads, give that head of yours a good wobble.

Were you following us when we nearly didn’t have a club anymore? That wasn’t great, neither was the bit before that. Mandaric era? No that wasn’t great either. League one?… I could go on.

Football, like anything, is cyclical.

We ended one and started a very different one.

Yes things are bad at the moment, but balance and context are important.

As is life - up and down, bad and good, rough and smooth. Just got to ride it out lads, things will get better eventually, it just might take a while.

Rudkin has needed to go for a long time, long before this recent shambles, but we have to accept that will never happen either.

Sorry Top.

But I was here under McCvntock and Pleat. I for one don't want to return to that. I thank KP for what they have done for us. But I won't stand around and suck up to them while we go backwards faster than an F1 car in 6th gear.

Top has fvcked up and sadly he can't see it. So we need to point it out before it's really to late.

Also I want my LCFC back. Fvck right off with all the KPFC.

Sadly I think they will try to make the KPFC a reality one day in the not to distant future.

9 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Exactly, they've reached the pinnacle of what they could possibly achieve with the club. Should have sold up after the FA Cup win. I often wonder what it is they (or anyone for that matter) gets out of running a football club, because it's certainly not money..

Vanity project. 

Signs were there quite early, most obviously with top parading his premier league trophy around which grated slightly then but really rankles now. 

But times have changed and I think he doesn't know how to pull us out of a negative spiral. If his dad had just passed the baton rather than passing away, we'd probably have been on the market for a couple of years. 

Only positive is it corrects the nonsense that mandaric found us the dream ticket when the reality was he'd have sold us to any bidder who had the cash, that narrative drives me mental. 

16 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Only positive is it corrects the nonsense that mandaric found us the dream ticket when the reality was he'd have sold us to any bidder who had the cash, that narrative drives me mental. 

Yeah you could just see that half way through negotiations. "You must do the right things for the club and the fans"

" Really do you want the money or not"

"OK do what you fecking want"

How anyone could ever think he was looking out for the club or us is beyond me.

He bought low and at the time sold high and that's all he ever intended to do. It's business they ain't fans.

Rudkin and Top are way too close, Top obviusly trusts him, to the point he thinks everything would fall apart without him.

Its stale throughout, not a single change when we were relegated at board level, an internal review, that likely blamed everything on Rodgers.

There are always mitigating factors at play, but if Top thinks he is getting the best from his DOF, and value for his money, then he is misinformed, and destined to be a mediocre championship club.

Top needs to wise up, for the future and benefit of the club, or ship out, we are nailed on for relegation this season to think we were once touted as the best run club in the Prem, the envy of many clubs, and a source of pride to fans, to where we are at now, wake up Top. 

I still love the Foxes and always will, it is gut wrenching too see it continue, to unfold. 

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yeah you could just see that half way through negotiations. "You must do the right things for the club and the fans"

" Really do you want the money or not"

"OK do what you fecking want"

How anyone could ever think he was looking out for the club or us is beyond me.

He bought low and at the time sold high and that's all he ever intended to do. It's business they ain't fans.

I think every man and his dog knows mandaric is a crook mate. But he did have a habit of stepping in and saving clubs, then to sort them a bit and sell them on.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I saw them earlier getting praise for getting a free meal on the coach to Lens even though that's specifically a deal DFDS, the ferry operator, give you if you travel via a coach.

How do you even compete with that? They're untouchable in this fanbase no matter how much they **** the club up.

There is a significant faction within the support that would rather see us fail under these owners than get new ones.

• Like 1

The big decision Top needs to make is to get rid of Rudkin - the most obvious statement ever written. 

Previously though, putting myself into his shoes, the timing for that change has been difficult, and that’s why I’m still on the fence about my feelings towards KP going forward.

The perfect time is now approaching though - the day after the transfer window shuts. The DOF’s main duties having been completed in the transfer market and we have a new manager that needs a few months in position.

Top’s attention should be on recruiting the new DOF now…. If he does nothing then I’m off the fence!

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

The big decision Top needs to make is to get rid of Rudkin - the most obvious statement ever written. 

Previously though, putting myself into his shoes, the timing for that change has been difficult, and that’s why I’m still on the fence about my feelings towards KP going forward.

The perfect time is now approaching though - the day after the transfer window shuts. The DOF’s main duties having been completed in the transfer market and we have a new manager that needs a few months in position.

Top’s attention should be on recruiting the new DOF now…. If he does nothing then I’m off the fence!

He won't do anything unless Rudkin somehow ends up at a new role outside of the club which is not happening anytime soon. Or if KP decide to sell the club..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Top’s attention should be on recruiting the new DOF now…

I do sometimes wonder if it's as simple as Whelan/Top simply not knowing how to. 

Unless it's a formal process of  HR  recruitment process with the job publicly  advertised as a vacancy, Whelan may not have a scooby how to find a DoF. Wouldn't be surprised. 

When you look back and reflect on the changes at the club in the last 10 years it remains nothing short of miraculous the success we have achieved. Following the club from 80’s onwards I would never have imagined we would win the FA let alone Premier League.

When a certain Vichai Raksriaksorn and his King Power Group took over the club he made loads of mistakes but also made bold and decisive decisions. 

It was an absolute one off to win the Premier League. All our stars aligned and those Band of Brothers achieved the impossible. We were lucky, but we deserved it.

Vichai did have a vision and supposedly built the foundations of our future success at the amazing Seagrave. What he, and now his son, singularly failed to realise is these are only bricks and mortar. Real, enduring success is in the people. It is the talent on the pitch, at the training ground and most importantly in the executive roles. KPFC have failed miserably here. This needs to change but I am doubtful it will. Our luck has run out Top. Time to emulate your Dad and be bold and decisive

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I do sometimes wonder if it's as simple as Whelan/Top simply not knowing how to. 

Unless it's a formal process of  HR  recruitment process with the job publicly  advertised as a vacancy, Whelan may not have a scooby how to find a DoF. Wouldn't be surprised. 

She’s clever enough to be widely respected across the Premier League at their monthly meetings, do transfer dealings with Chelsea and Manchester United and be taking calls from agents about new managers. 

Whelan has minimal input on football side but she’s intelligent. Which makes some of the stuff they’ve pulled on the non playing side probably worse. 

My gut is that there is a mighty power struggle throughout the club. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

Sorry Top.

But I was here under McCvntock and Pleat. I for one don't want to return to that. I thank KP for what they have done for us. But I won't stand around and suck up to them while we go backwards faster than an F1 car in 6th gear.

Top has fvcked up and sadly he can't see it. So we need to point it out before it's really to late.

Also I want my LCFC back. Fvck right off with all the KPFC.

Sadly I think they will try to make the KPFC a reality one day in the not to distant future.

We are currently a premier league team, after the club made plenty of good decisions last season in terms of recruitment of manager and players. Comparisons to McLintock and Pleat are just bizarre. 

Everyone makes mistakes, there isn't an owner out there who won't. I'm happy for them to have the time to correct the mistakes that went before. The biggest failure is PSR, and that's not a quick one to fix, and is likely to impact our ability to compete on the pitch and off the pitch for a couple of seasons and will impact all the decisons around the club. There isn't much that can be done there, no matter if they sold up six months ago, the seeds have been sown. We need to get those finances under control, and once that's done, the pressure is well and truly on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There is a significant faction within the support that would rather see us fail under these owners than get new ones.

Me.

If they won't sell and go, I want to see the club descend to non-league until they do. There is now absolutely nothing the company can do to change this - anything it takes to get them out I'm fine with.

It's like when a body gets taken over by some kind of alien in old Dr Who. As a relation, I'd rather they get beaten up until the alien is force to leave the body rather than witness by relative ascend to high office and destroy the country. Or something. I've not really thought this analogy through so there may be one or two holes in it.

• Sad 1