Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

King Power

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

She is PART of the problem, just as Top is PART of the problem and Rudkin is PART of the problem. She's the CEO of the business, she's going to be setting budgets with the board. At some point, they've signed off a massive overspend that has caused all the PSR issues. These things don't creep up on you, they've been well aware of the losses for years and years and done nothing to correct it. 

She's the CEO but the dynamic has changed since the accident. She was answerable to Vichai, Now she's answerable to his Wife who is Chairperson of the Company.

I suspect she's caught somewhere between Tops Mother and her Son Top. Not a great place to be knowing what most women think of their elderst Son.

She's also been heavily involved in rescuing King Powers finances after Covid which thankfully have recovered fully.

I was told she spent a lot of time in Thailand during this period sorting out the KP finances in a business she knows very well that's retail duty free.

We'll never know who made what decisions but I suspect Rogers convinced Top and Rudkin he could deliver more if they backed him.

Now we know he wasted 200 million signed rubbish and gave up on the job wanting out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

almost like I didn't say she wasn't involved in football, but that her remit isn't supposed to be football, it's the commercial side that's her wheelhouse, but because we don't have a director of football that can be trusted to handle all footballing affairs, she has to step in 

You've answered it in a nutshell. That's the real problem. We have someone acting as director of football who is trying to learn on the job.

Someone who's protected by Top it seems. How do you get past that when he's the Chairman of the Club. So you get an impass which is ultimately no good for the Clubs future.

The best thing the Club could do is bring Pearson back as Director of Football. A man who knows the business very well.

I feel I think like many others that the storm clouds are gathering. This is a rudderless ship without a captain and the lifeboats are being readied. We have had as Leicester fans the best of the very best to be envied in every football loving community anywhere. 
Us proper fans now need to baton down the hatches for I believe a very rough ride, but as always we will be there and at some point emerge with the same optimism be have always had and maybe just maybe the club may emerge stronger.

On 13/08/2024 at 11:36, The Doctor said:

yea, what we keep hearing is her remit isn't football but sometimes she has to get involved to stop things falling apart. pretty huge black mark against the director who's remit is football (a director of football, if you will)

But we don’t actually KNOW the responsibilities of the DOF so it would be silly to assume he’s responsible for the footballing matters at the club.

(I’m just trying this position out and saving someone the job of replying …. But my logic reflex is almost stopping movement of my finger to press “submit reply”

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

“We work as a team and our aim is for Leicester City to be the best run club in the Premier league,” she says. 

Crikey. I think it’s fair to say that by her own metric the team has and is continuing to fail

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Over what?

Prime minister been removed from office in court 

This is someone whom the club have hosted repeatedly over the last two years including a ‘chance’ meeting with another politician which led to a coalition being set up 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Prime minister been removed from office in court 

This is someone whom the club have hosted repeatedly over the last two years including a ‘chance’ meeting with another politician which led to a coalition being set up 

Why is there not more media attention for this sort of thing? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Why is there not more media attention for this sort of thing? 

Because it’s the fourth time in 16 years it’s happened. 

What’s actually worst is the banning/dissolvement of the opposition party in Thailand. They won the election but couldn’t form a government because they are anti-royal. That’s 16 million people votes just been wiped in effect. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Because unless your Thai, no one gives a fvck.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Because it’s the fourth time in 16 years it’s happened. 

What’s actually worst is the banning/dissolvement of the opposition party in Thailand. They won the election but couldn’t form a government because they are anti-royal. That’s 16 million people votes just been wiped in effect. 

Well, I care if that’s the case that the club is facilitating the undermining of democracy. 
I’ll have more of a read, thanks!

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Well, I care if that’s the case that the club is facilitating the undermining of democracy. 

Save yourself the time and just conclude that whatever it is, if its bad, it's Rudkins fault.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

But we don’t actually KNOW the responsibilities of the DOF so it would be silly to assume he’s responsible for the footballing matters at the club.

(I’m just trying this position out and saving someone the job of replying …. But my logic reflex is almost stopping movement of my finger to press “submit reply”

That somewhat misses the point though doesn't it, the argument has never been he's not responsible, it's about how much of it he's responsible for. He doesn't sort out the finances, yet people seem happy to lay PSR at his door, which then massively impacts what he and managers can and can't do in the market. 

We simply don't know who signed off the giant overspending, that's above his remit. Did Rodgers speak to Top and ask for backing, did he sign off the gross overspend personally. Did Rudkin ask for it and put the pressure on? Did Whelan agree or disagree with it?

Clearly there are going to be many obvious things within his remit, some obviously outside of it and others with grey areas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2580871/srettha-denies-rumoured-secret-deal-to-usurp-mfp

Same day we were relegated v West Ham 

He even commented on the article via Twitter 

Edited by CosbehFox