Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broadstone fox

Remember bournemouth

Remember when Bournemouth and Fulham trounced the championship.

Both promoted with ease.Their first game at Anfield lost 9.0.

Scott parker came out and said the squad ill-equipped  to cope with epl league. He was subsequently sacked by the board for running the squad and board down for not reinforcing before the campaign started.

Parallels to Bournemouth ?

see the problem is we had a manager doing the exact same thing at the time and didn't sack him. sacking cooper now would be an admission that they made a mistake and this board is all about blaming others for their own cockups

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I thought the thread title was referring to 1-4 and unfortunately I can't forget that

Same. The start of our demise really. 

Don't think I've felt good/optimistic about Leicester after that. Really was the end of the golden era.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Don't think I've felt good/optimistic about Leicester after that. Really was the end of the golden era.

tbf the season after was statistically our second best ever. But I agree the roots of our downfall are to be found in 19/20

23 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

honestly I would say the start of our demise was earlier than that, it was winter 2019 and giving Rodgers a new mega contract that had him being paid more than the real Madrid manager. daft contract to hand out at any time for a club of our size, even more so when he was barely 20 games in charge and still in his honeymoon period. became a huge millstone around our neck

• Like 2

Actually this season is starting to reminds me of this

Different manager and boat name but the sinking feeling is there

Hollowinboat.gif.3d88327f70ca2edd11bf19ce015d4182.gif

or this

Walkers-sinking1.jpg.a161cf6b64ab63df1c2a06f00fd09b63.jpg

Never thought we'd be reliving this mess

• Like 1

Parker has not managed a Premier League game since those comments. Bournemouth stayed up against the odds and then have properly built on it, now people would be quite surprised if they went down this season. They're a club who've got their shit together. Fair play to them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, broadstone fox said:

Remember when Bournemouth and Fulham trounced the championship.

Both promoted with ease.Their first game at Anfield lost 9.0.

Scott parker came out and said the squad ill-equipped  to cope with epl league. He was subsequently sacked by the board for running the squad and board down for not reinforcing before the campaign started.

Parallels to Bournemouth ?

There once was a woman from Ealing, who had a peculiar feeling, she lay on her back and opened her crack and pissed all over the ceiling.