Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I saw that. It's reaching hard isn't it?

It includes all costs, including £12bn spent on the cigarettes themselves. 

Even if you include all costs to the state it would be under £4bn.

14 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Wow the ex Minister for "Common Sense" is very special indeed....

This is of course not offensive at all.

Stick to doing Cilla Black impressions you extremely unserious woman.

Hahah bloody hell, what a head case. 

Edited by Lionator

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

When you say all....?

Literally, there are four of them who follow me everywhere, never sleeping, never stopping. I’ve got used to it by now, but the wife still struggles from time to time. Makes it awkward at the cinema and funerals so I don’t tend to go to them anymore, and it causes arguments when we go for a meal for two and have to request a large table. And some people think their lives have problems.

44 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Literally, there are four of them who follow me everywhere, never sleeping, never stopping. I’ve got used to it by now, but the wife still struggles from time to time. Makes it awkward at the cinema and funerals so I don’t tend to go to them anymore, and it causes arguments when we go for a meal for two and have to request a large table. And some people think their lives have problems.

Ok Bosley.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Do those involved in Education think this is a good move?

Are Ofsted too harsh in their grading ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gv0ydj62no

It always seemed clear to me that drawing a line and saying if you are a tiny bit above you are outstanding, and a tiny bit below you are satisfactory etc was a bad idea.  Should be shown as a score on a box plot across different categories so you can see the different areas and how they perform vs other schools in the UK.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It always seemed clear to me that drawing a line and saying if you are a tiny bit above you are outstanding, and a tiny bit below you are satisfactory etc was a bad idea.  Should be shown as a score on a box plot across different categories so you can see the different areas and how they perform vs other schools in the UK.  

Its already broken down into different areas with a detailed 5-6 page report that tells you about the school. The reports are a very detailed summary IMO.

image.png.4e8a312281090075e17d881fac74092f.png

The issue with the case in the BBC article is as follows which makes it different from the regular grading system.

Under the current system, concerns about safeguarding lead to an automatic bottom grade, and often the head teacher losing their job.

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

Its already broken down into different areas with a detailed 5-6 page report that tells you about the school. The reports are a very detailed summary IMO.

image.png.4e8a312281090075e17d881fac74092f.png

The issue with the case in the BBC article is as follows which makes it different from the regular grading system.

Under the current system, concerns about safeguarding lead to an automatic bottom grade, and often the head teacher losing their job.

Agreed that is ridiculous.  Still though in the bucket you mentioned above, those RI ratings could be 1 point off good and this simplified view doesn't help.  It should be a score out of 100 imo.

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Agreed that is ridiculous.  Still though in the bucket you mentioned above, those RI ratings could be 1 point off good and this simplified view doesn't help.  It should be a score out of 100 imo.

The 3-4 pages of detailed reporting is more useful than a pointless score.

19 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I've always found the "outstanding" classification strange. By definition of the word (you're standing out against the rest), only an elite few can surely have that epithet. If everyone is outstanding, then precisely no one is.

Also, outstanding doesn't really mean good either... I mean, you could say LCFC's 2022/23 season was outstanding in so many ways.

It's ironic that this is(was?) a classification used by a system judging educational standards.

• Like 1