Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

32 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Whilst Kyle is a scum journalist of the worst kind (and I speak as a former journalist) whom I'd happily see banged up, there's no way he's going to be convicted here.

This is ultimately a parody of (spoiler alert) An Inspector Calls, where a broad range of people are equally in part guilty of this terrible situation.

And by terrible situation, I mean The Jeremy Kyle Show.

He did come across as a bit of a bully on the show, and am not convinced that he did it for solely 'entertainment purposes'.

It always surprised me how I often saw the elderly population I came across at the time in liking the show..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

An interesteing development in the Letby case..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3d93kpkl83o

The more I read and see on TV news about this, the more I feel there has been a miscarriage of justice and that some senior medical professionals and senior managers have circled their wagons in order to protect themselves from some sort of negligence/misconduct charge and Ms Letby has been scapegoated.

Sadly for her, the case of the Grantham nurse still lives in the memory.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

Surely if she was innocent then that means someone else killed the babies and from the evidence that i've seen there just isnt anyone else who could have done it. 

I don't think she is innocent. But perhaps should get another trial IF new evidence has arisen (which i dont think there has?) 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Surely if she was innocent then that means someone else killed the babies and from the evidence that i've seen there just isnt anyone else who could have done it. 

I don't think she is innocent. But perhaps should get another trial IF new evidence has arisen (which i dont think there has?) 

I've not followed the whole case but it seems there are concerns errors were made at the trial. If not murder by Letby than could there be medical complications that caused the tragic loss of the babies

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Given that non of the autopsy's on these babies identified any evidence of foul play, it would seem to me that there could be a different exclamation for their premature deaths.

• Like 2

I don’t really know much about the case beyond there were excess deaths, she wrote some deranged note and has been found guilty. It’s such a horrific thing, more so if it’s just a cover up for failings at the hospital. Impossible to feel sorry for a woman with such a conviction but can you imagine if she’s actually innocent, seems more and more stuff is coming out that points towards this.

9 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Lucy Letby case: What new questions surround nurse’s multiple murder convictions? | The Independent

It's a lengthy piece but worth looking at, as it raises reasonable doubts about her involvement in those deaths. Some evidence regarding her shift pattern and the deaths is called into question. Also the Paediatrician who allegedly caught her "red-handed" said in court that no alarms that would indicate a deterioration in their (the babies) condition were sounding. She was standing by the beds of babies that were unwell. He did not say she was holding a syringe or any other means of administering air or insulin and AFAIK that wasn't mentioned by the prosecution nor the defence. It also says that injection of air into the stomach to cause an embolism (which she was found guilty of) via a nasogastric feeding tube would have taken several attempts and would not cause sudden and catastrophic collapse.

There other anomalies that cause me to doubt the full verdict.

Maybe the babies weren't "killed" but died as a result of other issues within the department that were then covered up? Staff shortages have already been highlighted.

There is a C4 documentary coming soon which will apparently shed more light.

Personally, I'm unsure. On face value, it seems obvious that Letby could have caused these deaths. However there is less compelling evidence when the case is scrutinised further.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The Germans are potentially going to send migrants to Rwanda.

Mail were calling it an embarrassment for Labour - although is it more the Tories who look silly ?

Tbf, the UK were potentially going to send migrants to Rwanda.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The Germans are potentially going to send migrants to Rwanda.

Mail were calling it an embarrassment for Labour - although is it more the Tories who look silly ?

It’s been mooted bit Schulz has said it won’t happen. The idea was that they were sent to the facilities the U.K. had paid for whilst their claims were dealt with. If successful then they could return to Germany.  i believe that the uk’s plan was that anyone sent to Rwanda wouldn’t be allowed to return to the U.K. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Why has her upcoming book got votes in it?

Spelling mistake. Should read "voles".

No idea why publishers are now placing rodents into books, reckon it's probably linked to your point regarding people not reading fiction. There must be a demand for it, I guess?

We could test the hypothesis by going into Waterstones and stapling some shrews on the flysheets of some Steven King novels. Maybe a bunch of field mice onto some Penny Jordans too. 

I tried cellotaping my Retriever to an Iain Banks and, to be quite frank, it looked ridiculous. No one would go for that on a shelf.

But then I also guess that if we've thought of it, the major publishing houses have already tested it to see what works best.

• Haha 1

On 05/09/2024 at 18:55, Wymsey said:

An interesting development in the Letby case..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3d93kpkl83o

It's becoming a fascinating case and an element of cause celebre about it. 

However, what troubles me is that all of this stuff could've and should've been presented by her defence. There's nothing new. 

An example; the statistical evidence of Letby being on duty for all the deaths. Looks damning. However, the stats show that due to staff rotas, the chance of an individual nurse being on duty for all the cases was relatively realistic. It just so happened that one nurse was Letby. 

Why wasn't that brought up by the defence  to chip away at the stats evidence? 

I have to say too, that during her trial, she didn't do herself any favours with apparent cold, monotone, perfunctory answers under cross examination.