Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

21 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutley horrific but unfortunately inevitable. Some of those released are serving 40% of a sentence which is an insult to the victims

Sure the prisons are too full but must be a major security risk and people will be worried about this .

I know they like to think criminals will be rehabilitated and come out as better people but as you say isn’t often the case .

Edited by Super_horns

9 hours ago, Otis said:

I think you'll find some certainly don't want to go back inside. 

I rhink you'll find the vast majority don't want to go back inside, that does not mean that they won't. Most don't have the tools to avoid it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

People don't stop offending because they went to prison or the threat of going to prison. People stop offending because they are given the tools to make a better life.

Some people won't because they see it as the their only way, they probably can't make a better life, or take a second chance.

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We have ethics training every year, and it in part specifically focuses around gifts and what is permissible to ensure corruption of competitive practices are not caused.

In the political sphere I would say any gift could be regarded as an intent to curry favour, so they should all be refused.

I tell my team to refuse all gifts, purely for this reason. 

I was offered a trip to watch egg chasing in Italy earlier this year as well lol

• Like 1

Had a wonderful few days in hospitality at Goodwood revival. Would strongly encourage you all to take every freebie going, beats paying for it! 

The pallet of 2000 chocolate boxes we once got for a company of ten was excessive though. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

We have ethics training every year, and it in part specifically focuses around gifts and what is permissible to ensure corruption of competitive practices are not caused.

In the political sphere I would say any gift could be regarded as an intent to curry favour, so they should all be refused.

Do you have to go to Suthics for it?

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I used to get a huge basket of alcohol and snacks from parents of the kids I taught. Seriously huge. Then schools started saying you couldn't accept them. If a teacher can't say thank you to a few bottles of wine and some very expensive whiskey and vintage rum then I'm pretty sure fancy clothes are out of bounds.

It really annoys me that Labour have come in and been so fvcking shit about the basic things.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I used to get a huge basket of alcohol and snacks from parents of the kids I taught. Seriously huge. Then schools started saying you couldn't accept them. If a teacher can't say thank you to a few bottles of wine and some very expensive whiskey and vintage rum then I'm pretty sure fancy clothes are out of bounds.

It really annoys me that Labour have come in and been so fvcking shit about the basic things.

All this nonsense coming out of Labour about the need for PM and wife to look their best on the world stage. As if he is a pauper.  You have to ask what Lord Alli expects in return. If he was paying for activists expenses etc fine but not goodies for the PM surely. I say this as a Labour voter.

7 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

All this nonsense coming out of Labour about the need for PM and wife to look their best on the world stage. As if he is a pauper.  You have to ask what Lord Alli expects in return. If he was paying for activists expenses etc fine but not goodies for the PM surely. I say this as a Labour voter.

Call me old fashioned but I don’t think it’s nonsense

(and I’m not a labour voter)

lord Ali has campaigned for years to get a labour PM. Why shouldn’t he want them to look a million dollars on the world stage now that they’re there.

Look at the flak Boris used to get for not having a decent haircut !

the papers would have had a field day if the starmers hadn’t looked good. 

Lord Ali has many business interests - I’m sure he will get plenty of access to the govt with him already being in the House of Lords.

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

lord Ali has campaigned for years to get a labour PM. Why shouldn’t he want them to look a million dollars on the world stage now that they’re there.

And they're having one even if they do.

Like Attlee, of course he can't win with the press and I'm not sure how much effort he should expend trying.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Thing is, what I do - and I know this is really left field - but when I want to dress up and look good I buy myself some clothes. Myself. The only time other people buy me clothes is the kids getting me some socks and my mother giving me a jumper per year. Naturally, if I were an MP, I'd tell them both to stop.

It's not the end of the world, it's not as bad as Johnson, but it's an appalling lapse of judgement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Thing is, what I do - and I know this is really left field - but when I want to dress up and look good I buy myself some clothes. Myself. The only time other people buy me clothes is the kids getting me some socks and my mother giving me a jumper per year. Naturally, if I were an MP, I'd tell them both to stop.

It's not the end of the world, it's not as bad as Johnson, but it's an appalling lapse of judgement.

I have to admit not reading the story -

did Lord Ali really send them in a package of clothes and say ‘here you go- where these’?

im sure he didn’t 

fwiw, we still weave suitings in this country and it should be mandatory for the PM and senior royals to wear suits manufactured here and made from them. Their partners should also be required to buy their clothing from U.K. designers and where at all possible for these to be from U.K. sourced fabric production.  

of course that won’t come cheap and someone may have to ‘sponsor’ it but we should be pushing our manufacturing on the world stage wherever and whenever we can.