Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

They bring more attention to futility of their vandalism than understanding and support for their cause.

I'd feel more sympathy if they targeted art work more significant to their cause.

As it is they're essentially vandalising the earnest efforts of some guy with severe mental health issues who died penniless.

My guess is they don't actually have a clue.

It's quite difficult to think of art that would be fitting. Perhaps Warhol's (ironically) soup cans?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd feel more sympathy if they targeted art work more significant to their cause.

As it is they're essentially vandalising the earnest efforts of some guy with severe mental health issues who died penniless.

It's quite difficult to think of art that would be fitting. Perhaps Warhol's (ironically) soup cans?

Would be better if they donated the soup to a soup kitchen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Big trouble now ………

seems that Israel have attempted to take out nasrullah in his underground bunker beneath Beirut. 

that will have killed a lot of civilians 

I would have expected the bunker to be more secure than being able to be eliminated from above 

reports that 4 buildings have collapsed into the void which would surely mean hundreds of civilians killed ??

... amazing how all of these "precise operations" result in so many dead civilia- sorry, "collateral damage" that clearly is the fault of the people themselves for being there, isn't it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

They bring more attention to futility of their vandalism than understanding and support for their cause.

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We had quite a long thread on JSO somewhere.

They are clueless.

The issue they highlight is the most serious facing our civilisation and our biosphere today and it isn't even close.

• Like 2

Just now, leicsmac said:

... amazing how all of these "precise operations" result in so many dead civilia- sorry, "collateral damage" that clearly is the fault of the people themselves for being there, isn't it?

Israel consistently use the “human shield” excuse. 

40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

We had quite a long thread on JSO somewhere.

They are clueless.

The issue they highlight is the most serious facing our civilisation and our biosphere today and it isn't even close.

I sometimes wonder if the individuals concerned are more seeking notoriety for themselves than for their cause.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not sure how important the context is for that harsh language and stones being used is, to be fair.

It’s what 1 of the rioters just got, half the sentence & bear in mind that was reduced also so maybe would have been 5yrs v 8yrs for murder 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

But at least (in their thought process) soup is easily removable than paint.

30 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I sometimes wonder if the individuals concerned are more seeking notoriety for themselves than for their cause.

That's entirely possible.

Either way, as someone deeply invested in both the problem and the solution it's very frustrating.

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It’s what 1 of the rioters just got, half the sentence & bear in mind that was reduced also so maybe would have been 5yrs v 8yrs for murder 🤷‍♂️ 

Yeah.

Personally I struggle with this one a bit because I was rather pleased to see people so clearly displaying supremacist ideology locked up for picking a fight with the fuzz on their way to directly and indirectly terrorise those of a different skin colour to them.

15 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

And still managed to cause 10 grand of damage apparently 

All they seemed to does is cause anger and resentment, rather than support for their "cause".

I don't know who leads them, but the group as a whole really aren't doing themselves any favours.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

All they seemed to does is cause anger and resentment, rather than support for their "cause".

I don't know who leads them, but the group as a whole really aren't doing themselves any favours.

The only thing that I'll add to this is if the kak does hit the fan, they will not be the only guilty party that should be held accountable for the consequencesthat ensue, and far from the biggest.

54 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah.

Personally I struggle with this one a bit because I was rather pleased to see people so clearly displaying supremacist ideology locked up for picking a fight with the fuzz on their way to directly and indirectly terrorise those of a different skin colour to them.

Taking emotion out of it

2 lads went out with 16in blades attacked a complete stranger hacking at him until they finally sunk it 8in’s into his heart killing him.

v

a dickhead in a group throwing materials from the street, using inappropriate language & doesn’t cause ABH 

The law sees a 3yr (4) disparity in the sentence.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah.

Which would be laughed out of court were the circumstances any different at all.

dont know tbh

if it can be shown that the central command of hezbollah is underground then it becomes a viable military target 

I’m pretty sure that under international law the responsibility for placing the facility below civilian structures lies there rather than with the attack. 

You and me wouldn’t authorise the strike because of the inevitable civilian casualties but if you’re charged as elected leader, with the responsibility of defending your country then presumably you have to make calls like this ???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Taking emotion out of it

2 lads went out with 16in blades attacked a complete stranger hacking at him until they finally sunk it 8in’s into his heart killing him.

v

a dickhead in a group throwing materials from the street, using inappropriate language & doesn’t cause ABH 

Apparently the tariff for the hideous murder was reduced because of the young age of the scum that did it. As they were over the age of criminal responsibility I would have thought the 13 years minimum should have stood

14 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Taking emotion out of it

v

As per just above, I do think the sentence for the former should have been much longer.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

dont know tbh

if it can be shown that the central command of hezbollah is underground then it becomes a viable military target 

I’m pretty sure that under international law the responsibility for placing the facility below civilian structures lies there rather than with the attack. 

You and me wouldn’t authorise the strike because of the inevitable civilian casualties but if you’re charged as elected leader, with the responsibility of defending your country then presumably you have to make calls like this ???

International law states pretty clearly that you don't put military HQ's in civilian neighbourhoods, yeah.

That being said, even if this is the case and you're the "good guy" in a hostage situation and you shoot through the hostage to get to the "bad guy", there's a certain amount of blood on your hands for choosing the path of least resistance and someone dying who didn't have to die. There is due process for the "good guy" following such incidents, so should there be here.

WRT the final sentence, I'm not sure at all that the events of today were overly "defensive" than a display of military superiority to threaten escalation, but fair enough. Personally, I think it clear to see that warfare has dehumanised the leadership on all sides, that's evident in their actions and reactions and it's the innocent people on all sides that are suffering because of it. And it's allowed to happen again and again because those with the power to address it in a lot of places choose not to because it is more politically expedient for them to let it spin on.

If I'm wrong about it simply being a matter of will and there really is no addressing the ideological divide, then that's very bleak.

On 25/09/2024 at 19:03, Heathrow fox said:

What a cracking movie

One day I’ll read the book

Wish I could do both like that. Once I get the pictures in my head from a movie it screws me up when I read the book. They're always different. Hope  you and yours are doing well.

• Thanks 1