Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well firstly my issue was with JSO  not greenpeace so my point was very relevant really,  and the reason being for exactly the reasons you mentioned actually, lol  I used to be a member of  greenpeace. Ended up sending them quite a bit of money in my twenties., so nice try..  and the thing I loved about them is exactly that. They’d take the  fight to  to the actual problem and not seek out the tv cameras… whaling was a big concern of theirs when I was a member.. and they’d try to stop  stop the whaling ships without seeking out the tv cameras..

so again, actually my point was dead on accurate and you’ve jumped the gun a bit here,  chap.

Your point isn't accurate. JSO members used to be Greenpace activists and realised that their peaceful action achieved fvck all. Quite how you think you being a member who sent them money proves your point beggars belief - but you do you and rock out.

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No mention of Smotrich or Ben-Gvir, either, for that matter.

They’re not decision makers at that level - just cheer leaders 

In two years time (max) they will be nobodys  because they won’t be part of govt

Nasrullah had the opportunity to back down after the pagers and walkie talkies - Israel mistakenly expected that he likely would. 

the only reason that sinwar hasn’t suffered the same fate as nasrullah is that he apparently has some hostages close to him as he travels around the tunnel network. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

In two years time (max) they will be nobodys  because they won’t be part of govt

Nasrullah had the opportunity to back down after the pagers and walkie talkies - Israel mistakenly expected that he likely would. 

the only reason that sinwar hasn’t suffered the same fate as nasrullah is that he apparently has some hostages close to him as he travels around the tunnel network. 

I hope you're right about the bolded part.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Your point isn't accurate. JSO members used to be Greenpace activists and realised that their peaceful action achieved fvck all. Quite how you think you being a member who sent them money proves your point beggars belief - but you do you and rock out.

It’s strange I have to explain this to you but oh well…

firstly you linked my annoyance with JSO  and then brought up greenpeace  somehow using them to justify I was wrong to be annoyed and flippant about JSO. and by mentioning  that I used to be  a member of them I showed  that my annoyance was specifically with JSO and I hoped you’d understand from that , that my annoyance wasn’t with activism itself, more with JSO and the tactics they employ

and for the record, yes I will keep being me and I won’t change when someone acts like a melt.  Youd be better   Off letting me be me and not get so triggered? Maybe put me on ignore?

Edited by MPH

Anyone justifying this vandalism needs to give their head a wobble. Like I'm talking to my four year old here by saying two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by Zear0

42 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I hope you're right about the bolded part.

Well at the next election, netenyahu wins comfortably (able to form coalition without ‘extremist’ support) because he’s managed to win the war against Hamas (unlikely) and Hezbollah (possible) 

or he loses badly because his domestic day of reckoning has come with the enquiries into oct 7  (most likely and he’d probably have resigned and not stood) 

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ben Givir’s been handing out IDF issued AK-47s to settlers to threaten, wound and kill. Who authorised that ? That’s a bit more than cheerleading. The entire Nethanyahu farce of a govt is dependent on keeping Ben Givir and his extreme views/supporters happy. If that doesn’t sway political decision of a murderous regime, I’m not sure (apart from becoming PM) what you can call it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well at the next election, netenyahu wins comfortably (able to form coalition without ‘extremist’ support) because he’s managed to win the war against Hamas (unlikely) and Hezbollah (possible) 

or he loses badly because his domestic day of reckoning has come with the enquiries into oct 7  (most likely and he’d probably have resigned and not stood) 

I guess we'll find out.

Either way, it's a judgement that two people like those two have been granted the power to affect government decision-making in any capacity (which they clearly have; I'm pretty sure Netanyahu has acquiesced to their position more than once to prevent the collapse of his government and losing power himself).

Edit: Additionally, people of the same mindset as those two are on record as saying that they would, without hesitation, target Middle Eastern and European cities with nuclear weapons should it look like Israel will be overcome and no help is forthcoming.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ben Givir’s been handing out IDF issued AK-47s to settlers to threaten, wound and kill. Who authorised that ? That’s a bit more than cheerleading. The entire Nethanyahu farce of a govt is dependent on keeping Ben Givir and his extreme views/supporters happy. If that doesn’t sway political decision of a murderous regime, I’m not sure (apart from becoming PM) what you can call it. 

cheerleading refers to what’s going on in Gaza, lebanon and beyond 

of course the realities of Israeli politics dictates nuances of some calls. imo, the big calls are not those though. 
their domestic policies are mostly repugnant but the discussion is about the ‘regional’ political decisions which dictate the direction of the war in Gaza and now Lebanon. 

Btw, the two of them weren’t in the original war cabinet (before it disbanded).  

on that strategic regional level, what will Iran now decide to do ?? 

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I guess we'll find out.

Either way, it's a judgement that two people like those two have been granted the power to affect government decision-making in any capacity (which they clearly have; I'm pretty sure Netanyahu has acquiesced to their position more than once to prevent the collapse of his government and losing power himself).

Edit: Additionally, people of the same mindset as those two are on record as saying that they would, without hesitation, target Middle Eastern and European cities with nuclear weapons should it look like Israel will be overcome and no help is forthcoming.

‘people of the same mindset’. - come on Mac,  what does that even mean ?  rhetoric from the far extremist wings of politics is just that. It shouldn’t be given the time of day in any serious debate.  

1 hour ago, MPH said:

It’s strange I have to explain this to you but oh well…

firstly you linked my annoyance with JSO  and then brought up greenpeace  somehow using them to justify I was wrong to be annoyed and flippant about JSO. and by mentioning  that I used to be  a member of them I showed  that my annoyance was specifically with JSO and I hoped you’d understand from that , that my annoyance wasn’t with activism itself, more with JSO and the tactics they employ

and for the record, yes I will keep being me and I won’t change when someone acts like a melt.  Youd be better   Off letting me be me and not get so triggered? Maybe put me on ignore?

*sigh*

Not for the first time, you're reading things into a post that aren't there. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘people of the same mindset’. - come on Mac,  what does that even mean ?  rhetoric from the far extremist wings of politics is just that. It shouldn’t be given the time of day in any serious debate.  

I think that when people possessed of that rhetoric are in the political cabinet of a nation - no matter how marginalised it may seem that they are - then it becomes meaningful. But I hope you're right and the kind of solutions proposed by those two in their entirety never gain the traction they need to become totally fulfilled.

Same with the ridiculous Wahabists and their political power in the Middle East, too.