Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

General News

16 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think the point is you would of given a fvck if it was Rishi or Boris doing this, but now the shoe is on the other foot it's a ''pass''. 

The overarching point is, all parties are the same - anyone is power bends the rules

Thanks for telling me what I think. I find it so useful to have people do my thinking for me - you probably do too, which is why you rely completely on stories in the Daily Mail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Thanks for telling me what I think. I find it so useful to have people do my thinking for me - you probably do too, which is why you rely completely on stories in the Daily Mail.

It was just to trigger a bit of a debate, no need to get personal if you don't agree with my point of view :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

You also evaded the question in atypical style.  :appl:

Just now, Daggers said:

There are no questions, Tom made a series of statements.

A response was warranted though did you not think? Anyway, I did not post the original statement, and I will not speak on Tom’s behalf.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

A response was warranted though did you not think? Anyway, I did not post the original statement, and I will not speak on Tom’s behalf.

Nope. I figure that anyone making those kind of statements, coupled with the source of those statements, isn’t interested in debating the rather obvious limitations of said statements. He made a weak point to try to score points, “just to trigger a bit of a debate”.

You fancy a debate with him about it then go knock yourself out, I’ve better things to do.

Just now, Daggers said:

Nope. I figure that anyone making those kind of statements, coupled with the source of those statements, isn’t interested in debating the rather obvious limitations of said statements. He made a weak point to try to score points, “just to trigger a bit of a debate”.

You fancy a debate with him about it then go knock yourself out, I’ve better things to do.

Not really, the discussion seemed to be that debating should not be upon a rug of any political colour, but perhaps that was not the intent. 

17 hours ago, Daggers said:

True, Kettering isn't gonna' photograph itself is it!

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Liz Truss' biographer claims after tanking the economy, she wanted to scrap all NHS cancer treatment in order to desperately repair the damage she had caused.

How she managed to become PM becomes more and more staggering with every revelation. 

It's becoming clearer every day she was forced out by the deep state with their shady anti-cancer agenda 

• Haha 1

On 27/08/2024 at 13:06, Tommy G said:

It was just to trigger a bit of a debate, no need to get personal if you don't agree with my point of view :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

True, Kettering isn't gonna' photograph itself is it!

Keep crying.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

former labour politician and now professional victim declaring labour are responsible for crimes against humanity:

didnt their one good album (Definitely Maybe) come out under Major?

Yeah all these posts are a bit weird considering their better stuff was released under a Conservative government and the New Labour years were possibly the absolute nadir in British popular culture. I think a lot of people just associate the 90s and Britpop with Blair.

On 25/08/2024 at 09:28, st albans fox said:

I reckon he’ll struggle to get out of France unless he can get nick demarco on the case 😄

The Moscow Times reported that France’s arrest warrant for Durov includes charges of complicity in drug trafficking, crimes against children, and fraud due to the moderation issues on Telegram and his alleged lack of cooperation with law enforcement.

On 25/08/2024 at 10:00, Zear0 said:

Think those offences are a slap on the wrist in France. 

Out on €5m euros bail 

I guess the French get €5m euros and make their point 

no way is he staying in france 

what do we think ?  3 days max before he’s back in Dubai ?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Out on €5m euros bail 

I guess the French get €5m euros and make their point 

no way is he staying in france 

what do we think ?  3 days max before he’s back in Dubai ?

I’m pretty sure you get the bail back when you appear in court. Took me years to realise this. I always assumed it was just a one off payment but it’s more of an insurance deposit to the state. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I’m pretty sure you get the bail back when you appear in court. Took me years to realise this. I always assumed it was just a one off payment but it’s more of an insurance deposit to the state. 

That’s my point 

he won’t appear in court 

the amount of bail shows that the French are posturing. That’s peanuts to him for his freedom. 

Edited by st albans fox

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A bit random but how do people on here view China? A threat? A (economic) partner? A place you’d like to visit? Etc etc 

A threat yes, a partner yes and a place I have visited and would recommend if you can turn a blind eye to the negatives of the country. 

When my Mum was still with us, she used to work in pharmaceutical research and spent many years out there working in their manufacturing plants and I was able to visit a few times in my late teens/early twenties.  As a tourist, it is an extraordinary place to visit with places of exceptional history, culture and architecture.  I have such vivid memories of my trip to the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and the street food cuisine that stand out more than any other place I've visited. There's not really anywhere else in the world like it and from a "tourist" perspective, it's well worth a visit.  Thankfully due to my mum's work out there, we had a full time translator with us that made life considerably easier!  The people too are generally wonderful.  There's a bit of a running joke over there that they tell Westerners about "how do you tell the difference between the Japanese and the Chinese?  The Chinese are the ones that smile" and there's some truth in that as it's a happy place.  One of the most bizarre things that ever happened to me out there was when we visited our translators village.  I was the first Western bloke that most of them had ever seen and I was gawped at like a zoo before they all mobbed me with big smiles.  Really nice, if not weird, experience.

That being said, it's increasingly hard to view them favourably and I'd struggle to visit again with a clear conscience given they're locking up a million people in concentration camps, state sponsored intellectual property theft, currency manipulation, operate a cult of personality autocratic government and will likely screw the world in 2027 when they make a trip across the Taiwan Straight (probably).  One of the darkest memories I have from the visits was that we weren't too far from a miliary barracks and you could hear the gunshots from executions on occasion.  I guess doing it centrally was a good way to keep the locals in line.

• Thanks 1