Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

That's conflating two things, though: this signing taking a long time (which it's clearly not) and our inability (whatever the reason) to get players in before the start of the season. 

Impressive use of conflating :appl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

The amount of people that are still content with incompetency at the DOF level is staggering. We will continue to decline while you guys are like “we’re just putting the feelers out” as we fail to sign a 29 year old Wrexham reject in two years. 

Until Top decides to sell the club we will still be incompetent, he’s never going to sack Rudkin.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is it only safari park chimps that behave in this fashion ? 

Tbf, I like the analogy 

one wonders why this has slowed if Romano is correct about the inter club negs 

would be good to get the kid in ahead of the weekend  so he can be in and amongst our matchday routines 

I found the analogy to be befitting of some of the 'kneejerk' reactions😉

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Watch him end up at Ipswich knowing our luck! 

Wouldn't surprise me.  They are gonna have a real go this season and have given themselves a decent chance in my opinion.  Linked with kalvin Philips this morning.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Happy clapper or bed wetter no different 

it isn’t about the 3 day, it’s about everything the club has done this summer and over the last 12 months. 

- massive price hikes for season and match day tickets 

- the charge for having the card

- fox membership 

- charging £10 for friendlies 

- appointing Cooper 

- our slow and scattergun approach to player recruitment

-  our inability or refusal to do deals to move on players deemed surplus to requirements - the ongoing PSR issues and potential points deduction 

- the lack of transparency and communication from the club 

- the lack of changes following the internal review of last season 

- the new kit sponsor 

The list goes on and on, that is how I feel, we were apparently on the verge of appointing Potter and then it turned out to be Cooper, then Soule, Zaha etc I can see a pattern forming. 

if people still believe in this regime and believe that they are the correct group to take the club forward then fair enough, that is your opinion however I am at my absolute wits end with it all, this was an opportunity to further reset, use our promotion to bring in young hungry players and push on. 

oh and people defending the club about the time it takes to do deals etc etc, look

at Rutters move from Leeds to Brighton, played last night, yet Brighton have agreed fee and verbal agreement on move with player, which will be finalised today. That is how a well run club operate with a Director of Football who is fit for purpose. The lack of high end football management and experience is so clear to see. 

This is exactly where I'm at, it's a combination of everything and watching it happen for multiple years.

I find it quite unbelievable that people are still making excuses because of things that happened almost 10 years ago. 

This transfer window even for us is a joke, we are completely un prepared. I do understand the circumstances which could be causing players to bulk at signing for us, but any DOF worth their salt would have thought about alternative approaches. 

The average fan on here had a better grasp and transfer policy than the club, if money is tight prioritise spending in areas of need, not another centre back. If bigger named players don't want to sign because of the potential points deduction then focus your attention on younger up and coming players from the lower leagues. But figure this out quicker than a week before the season starts.

It feels like they all went on holiday patted themselves on the back and only really started to think about this season about 2 weeks ago and they are now thinking "oh shit" 

• Like 4

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Regardless of what side of the discussion that you’re on.

The lack of a signing that improves our starting 11 is far from ideal.

It’s self-sabotage

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Iwebema said:

This is exactly where I'm at, it's a combination of everything and watching it happen for multiple years.

I find it quite unbelievable that people are still making excuses because of things that happened almost 10 years ago. 

This transfer window even for us is a joke, we are completely un prepared. I do understand the circumstances which could be causing players to bulk at signing for us, but any DOF worth their salt would have thought about alternative approaches. 

The average fan on here had a better grasp and transfer policy than the club, if money is tight prioritise spending in areas of need, not another centre back. If bigger named players don't want to sign because of the potential points deduction then focus your attention on younger up and coming players from the lower leagues. But figure this out quicker than a week before the season starts.

It feels like they all went on holiday patted themselves on the back and only really started to think about this season about 2 weeks ago and they are now thinking "oh shit" 

Its about looking at a single deal, stop conflating everything and dumping it into every Transfer topic, take that to the general LCFC forum  :dunno:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Happy clapper or bed wetter no different 

it isn’t about the 3 day, it’s about everything the club has done this summer and over the last 12 months. 

- massive price hikes for season and match day tickets 

- the charge for having the card

- fox membership 

- charging £10 for friendlies 

- appointing Cooper 

- our slow and scattergun approach to player recruitment

-  our inability or refusal to do deals to move on players deemed surplus to requirements - the ongoing PSR issues and potential points deduction 

- the lack of transparency and communication from the club 

- the lack of changes following the internal review of last season 

- the new kit sponsor 

The list goes on and on, that is how I feel, we were apparently on the verge of appointing Potter and then it turned out to be Cooper, then Soule, Zaha etc I can see a pattern forming. 

if people still believe in this regime and believe that they are the correct group to take the club forward then fair enough, that is your opinion however I am at my absolute wits end with it all, this was an opportunity to further reset, use our promotion to bring in young hungry players and push on. 

oh and people defending the club about the time it takes to do deals etc etc, look

at Rutters move from Leeds to Brighton, played last night, yet Brighton have agreed fee and verbal agreement on move with player, which will be finalised today. That is how a well run club operate with a Director of Football who is fit for purpose. The lack of high end football management and experience is so clear to see. 

Not to spoil anything, but they didn't agree a deal they matched the fee needed in a release cause.

They also had a several bid rejected prior to that.

Also how do you know how long they have been working on a deal, have you got a contact there? 

Not defending the club but if you are going to beat over the head at least do it with facts....

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not to spoil anything, but they didn't agree a deal they matched the fee needed in a release cause.

Also how do you know how long they have been working on a deal, have you got a contact there? 

Not defending the club but if you are going to beat over the head at least do it with facts....

Agree with this, we will never critique another clubs transfers as much as our own.

Also, I am not seeking to excuse the club, they have been negligent for some time.

(Also not quite sure how quiet disdain is less productive than the more vocal sort in this instance)

• Like 1

Quite confident we get this one done.

I think Zaha and Fotis are both likely not to happen though. Luckily, out of the three, I'm more excited by Hlozek, especially with the deal being mentioned.

40 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Surely our inability to get players in for the start of the season is very linked to how long it takes to sign players.

It's not linked to this player or any other we heard about 3 days ago. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He played for Leeds last night and the deal has been closed out this morning so there has been a significant shift, if it was close last night then no way would Leeds have risked playing him and him getting injured etc. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

God no. Because then if he isn't revealed today we have a whole new wave of hysteria. 

Quite sure that if he is revealed today there will be no hysteria tomorrow.  :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

God no. Because then if he isn't revealed today we have a whole new wave of hysteria. 

I think to be fair to people who are quite critical in this thread and the Zaha one, its not just hysteria for the sake of it. We are a few days from the season and quite short so people are a bit more emotional and worried then usual. 

I mean for me, I genuinely dont think we are in for these guys, its agent deals which we are very dependant on and as such have to play by the agents fiddle in ensuring their client gets a proper deal. Because we are so dependant on agent relationships, we play the game and hope for the crumbs nearer the window closing. There will be a mad rush on transfer deadline day to get a player or two. However, for some earlier in the week, seeing this, Zaha, Fotis offered some hope/reason for excitement. I think its unfair to just dismiss them as hysterical.