Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

At least we still have cannon with his half hour of preseason game time

Except Cooper doesn't seem to rate him so we'll likely start with Mavididi up front!

Edited by Silva Fox

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I've found the meltdowns on here hilarious,  however , with this being the first game in our return to the Premier League, talk of protests , banners and people being done with the club I find bemusing and ridiculous. 

The players need backing and this sort of crap , imo, does not help anything especially before a ball's kicked ffs.

The windows not closed and a lot can happen very quickly, possibly might already have been  you never know! 

Get a grip you drama queen's 

I’m sure the players will not perform as well now because of fans discussing their honest opinions on fan forum designed discuss thoughts and opinions 😂

8 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I've found the meltdowns on here hilarious,  however , with this being the first game in our return to the Premier League, talk of protests , banners and people being done with the club I find bemusing and ridiculous. 

The players need backing and this sort of crap , imo, does not help anything especially before a ball's kicked ffs.

The windows not closed and a lot can happen very quickly, possibly might already have been  you never know! 

A lot can change, yeah. But as it stands, we’re entering the Premier League season with a worse squad than we had last year. That’s unacceptable.

• Thanks 1

I didn't think even we could go 0/3 on those signings but we really might pull it off.

We're just so bad at getting things done. I really am bored of this regime and I'm fed up of being told we can't do better than this.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Agree to an extent, but each week we aren't strengthing our team, we are dropping points. 

With the points deduction as well, we really can't be dropping unnecessary points when really, we should have strengthened and integrated them in to the squad by now.

Besides Fatawu, who's not really a new signing, who have we actually brought to strengthen our team? Having lost KDH, we literally have a weaker starting 11 than we did last season.

People have every right to be negative and worried.

I do agree that some aspects are over the top, but lets not pretend things are alright.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

We've brought in 5 players, only Villa, bournemouth, brighton, chelsea, everton, ipswich, newcastle, forest, southampton, west ham and wolves have brought in more (most of these are on 6) and everton, chelsea and forest are up there because of their FFP merry-go-round. And most of them have lost way more players than we have.

It's like fans on here are so desperate to trash the club they've actually started to believe their own BS.

But those clubs have brought players in to strengthen their team.

We've brought a CB who's said to have the manoeuvrability of an Oak Tree, a Fulham pensioner and a kid from Chelsea who we'll probably never see.

Fatawu (not really a new addition) and the Brighton lad are the only two who might be good additions but I still think we are no better off than last season. In fact losing KDH, I'd say we are weaker unless the Brighton lad really excels.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

We've brought in 5 players, only Villa, bournemouth, brighton, chelsea, everton, ipswich, newcastle, forest, southampton, west ham and wolves have brought in more (most of these are on 6) and everton, chelsea and forest are up there because of their FFP merry-go-round. And most of them have lost way more players than we have.

It's like fans on here are so desperate to trash the club they've actually started to believe their own BS.

Only 4 additions to last seasons squad though

Our squad is absolutely weaker than it was at the end of last season

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I think the melodrama more surrounds the quality rather than quantity of players brought in.

How many of those new signings seriously improve our starting 11....I'll answer for you....0 (Fatawu doesn't count as already here).

Also we start from a lower quality base than pretty much everyone else in the league, with the exception of the other promoted clubs.

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Agree to an extent, but each week we aren't strengthing our team, we are dropping points. 

With the points deduction as well, we really can't be dropping unnecessary points when really, we should have strengthened and integrated them in to the squad by now.

Besides Fatawu, who's not really a new signing, who have we actually brought to strengthen our team? Having lost KDH, we literally have a weaker starting 11 than we did last season.

People have every right to be negative and worried.

I do agree that some aspects are over the top, but lets not pretend things are alright.

That's not really the case though, or certainly it's a factor that's entirely impossible to measure.  Would you rather us sign a player a week who is poor/unsuitable, or take our time to get the right players?

We've spent the last few years listening to fans moaning about the quality of recruitment, and then every season we get the same fans complaining that things aren't happening quick enough or to a large enough degree.

21 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Making it easy for Hoffenheim to hijack it

Leverkusen’s Adam #Hlozek is on the list right now as TSG are trying to hijack the possible Leicester transfer as per @FabrizioRomano and confirmed. No total agreement between Hlozek/Leicester has been reached yet. 

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

But those clubs have brought players in to strengthen their team.

We've brought a CB who's said to have the manoeuvrability of an Oak Tree, a Fulham pensioner and a kid from Chelsea who we'll probably never see.

Fatawu (not really a new addition) and the Brighton lad are the only two who might be good additions but I still think we are no better off than last season. In fact losing KDH, I'd say we are weaker unless the Brighton lad really excels.

How do you know the impact of any of the signings of any of the other clubs?

Just a casual glance would suggest at least everton and palace have lost better players than they've recruited.