Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

So we're going into the start of the premier league, back after relegation with 1 fit striker....1!!! 

Who is the 1?

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

So your confirming all our rivals have strengthened? We lost our best player and have added a CB we don't need, a youngster that will get nowhere near the team and a journeyman from Fulham. Fatawu was already here and the only other one that looks ok is on loan from Brighton. 

We have a 38 year old Vardy, Cannon and Daka (who is injured) as striker options. What BS are you referring to?

No not at all - i'm just saying that we are in a comparable situation to the majority of clubs, whilst some clubs have quieter windows than we have.

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

So we're going into the start of the premier league, back after relegation with 1 fit striker....1!!! 

We have zero strikers good enough to lead the line in the premier league every week. Vardy can do a job in bursts, when fit, and the other two are not good enough. I’d start BDR up top in the first game, him or Mavididi. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

44 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I'll put you down as a yes for the protest Monday then?

There's plenty going on at the club that I am not happy with for instance:

- The season ticket card fiasco.

- the astronomical price increase for non season ticket holders.

- the lack of transparency over the ground move.

- the lack of transparency over anything really.

But in terms of signings I'm a little bit calmer than some of the more hysterical posters. Last summer's business was I think we can all agree was very good yet we didn't get fatawu, mav and akgun till after the season started.

It's not ideal but signing players takes time unless you are going to be weak and cave to the transfer fee and their salary and contract length demands which I'm sure no city fan would want us doing judging by the clubs current situation.

Also if you are going to have a meltdown for trivial reasons like another club has shown an interest in a player your after then you run the risk of it just sounding like whinging and when we do need to speak strongly in one voice like the season ticket card thing it loses it's effectiveness.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only 4 additions to last seasons squad though

Our squad is absolutely weaker than it was at the end of last season

I suppose that depends on how you view KDH as a premier league player - this idea of strengthening/weakening is all hypothetical - my issue with these kinds of posts is that a) they're unproven conjecture and b) they seem motivated more in this fashion amongst our fans to be seen to hate the club and the board, this desperate need for something to moan about now we're no longer fun-winning leicester.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

No not at all - i'm just saying that we are in a comparable situation to the majority of clubs, whilst some clubs have quieter windows than we have.

We're starting from a much shitter position though, it's almost laughable.

Ipswich and Southampton have strengthened and are continuing to. Most would argue we've regressed due to loss of KDH / Nacho.

It's not comparable saying Liverpool haven't bought anyway for example 

10 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I think the melodrama more surrounds the quality rather than quantity of players brought in.

How many of those new signings seriously improve our starting 11....I'll answer for you....0 (Fatawu doesn't count as already here).

Also we start from a lower quality base than pretty much everyone else in the league, with the exception of the other promoted clubs.

Unlike you and most posters here, i'll wait until i've seen the new players play before condemning them to the also-ran pile.

And is our base really that much lower than these other clubs - we have stacks of PL experience, it's not like we're coming up with a first XI of PL virgins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

If Hoffenheim beat us to a potential signing I’m just not sure there’s much point in us existing as a club anymore tbqh 

Oh I am not sure, as if we miss out on Hlozek after Zaha, then I think we may some real stupid sh*t occurring

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I've now come full circle to the point where i actually log in here just to laugh at 95% of the posters on here...

The ignorance, entitlement, sheep-mentality and fickleness of our fanbase is so bad it's become comical.

It makes me laugh some foxestalkers think we are absolutely screwed the worse run club ever from top to bottom yet simultaneously get raging angry and seem confused that we aren't able to attract any of Europes top young talent easily.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

It makes me laugh some foxestalkers think we are absolutely screwed the worse run club ever from top to bottom yet simultaneously get raging angry that we aren't able to attract any of Europes top young talent easily.

We have made a seismic rod for our own back, let’s just see where it takes us. :scarf:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It makes me laugh some foxestalkers think we are absolutely screwed the worse run club ever from top to bottom yet simultaneously get raging angry that we aren't able to attract any of Europes top young talent easily.

Up there with the man who is accused of over paying, not only in wages, but in fees for pretty much every signing. Who conversely is also apparently unable to get a single signing over the line. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It makes me laugh some foxestalkers think we are absolutely screwed the worse run club ever from top to bottom yet simultaneously get raging angry and seem confused that we aren't able to attract any of Europes top young talent easily.

Why does that make you laugh, a well run club off the back of premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs would surely be able to attract young talent? The fact that we can’t surely shows they are right?

25 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

We've brought in 5 players, only Villa, bournemouth, brighton, chelsea, everton, ipswich, newcastle, forest, southampton, west ham and wolves have brought in more (most of these are on 6) and everton, chelsea and forest are up there because of their FFP merry-go-round. And most of them have lost way more players than we have.

It's like fans on here are so desperate to trash the club they've actually started to believe their own BS.

That's more than half of the Premier League to be fair - you've excused three of them because of FFP tricks but not acknowledged that we've done that too. 

More interestingly of that half it includes direct rivals such as Forest, Southampton, Ipswich, Everton. 

2 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

We're starting from a much shitter position though, it's almost laughable.

Ipswich and Southampton have strengthened and are continuing to. Most would argue we've regressed due to loss of KDH / Nacho.

It's not comparable saying Liverpool haven't bought anyway for example 

I haven't said that.

Southampton have brought in 13 players with only (jesus) Adam Lallana the only one with any PL experience,  even downes and taylor have spent most of their careers in lower leagues - so there's really nothing to suggest they've strengthened.  Whilst ipswich have gambled on some PL u21s who may or may not be able to step up to the top flight, whilst losing the keeper that pretty much got them promoted replacing him with a keeper with no PL experience.

I fail to see how that business can be classed as 'strengthening'.

6 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Why does that make you laugh, a well run club off the back of premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs would surely be able to attract young talent? The fact that we can’t surely shows they are right?

Trouble is, getting angry is about as much use as laughing, so not much point in either, apart from laughing is more likely to put you in a better mood!!

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Up there with the man who is accused of over paying, not only in wages, but in fees for pretty much every signing. Who conversely is also apparently unable to get a single signing over the line. 

What part of that is wrong?