Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

15 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I suppose that depends on how you view KDH as a premier league player - this idea of strengthening/weakening is all hypothetical - my issue with these kinds of posts is that a) they're unproven conjecture and b) they seem motivated more in this fashion amongst our fans to be seen to hate the club and the board, this desperate need for something to moan about now we're no longer fun-winning leicester.   

It isn’t just about KDH though and it isn’t hypothetical.

We previously had 4 strikers to choose from and now we are down to 1 who the manager seemingly doesn’t like so we are now very likely going to be using Mavididi out of his best position, therefore also having to use someone else in a position they don’t usually play in instead of him - even if both Vardy and Daka were fit going into the actual season with those 2 being our first choice options is dreadful.

For whatever reason it appears Cooper doesn’t want to use Ricardo in a pivot with Winks meaning our options for that pivot are now Winks, Ndidi, Choudhury, and Soumare. We could get away with Choudhury being an option if Winks got injured or suspended in the Championship but in the Prem the idea of us using 2 from Ndidi/Hamza/Soumare is horrifying.

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Trouble is, getting angry is about as much use as laughing, so not much point in either, apart from laughing kore likely to put you in a better mood!!

Depends which stage of grieving you’re at I suppose 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Making it easy for Hoffenheim to hijack it

Leverkusen’s Adam #Hlozek is on the list right now as TSG are trying to hijack the possible Leicester transfer as per @FabrizioRomano and confirmed. No total agreement between Hlozek/Leicester has been reached yet. 

Can you tell us from your vantage point in the future if we actually get this guy or not so we can close this thread and move on?

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

It’s up to the player at the end of the day. A short campaign in Europe with a Bundesliga club or the biggest league in the world. 

Hmmmmm. I think you may need to take the blue tinted specs off 😂😂

5 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Why does that make you laugh, a well run club off the back of premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs would surely be able to attract young talent? The fact that we can’t surely shows they are right?

Can't we?

We managed to get Fatawu and Hermansen immediately after being relegated, with an untried manager and in the 2nd tier - or was that a different club that pulled that off?  Not to mention getting players like winks and coady to drop down a league.

We also have the best academy teams we've had in years - i think you underestimate what we've managed to get done.  

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That's more than half of the Premier League to be fair - you've excused three of them because of FFP tricks but not acknowledged that we've done that too. 

More interestingly of that half it includes direct rivals such as Forest, Southampton, Ipswich, Everton. 

Yes, but, as i said, most of that list are on it by virtue of the fact of having brought in 6 rather than 5.  I'd argue that our FFP transfers weren't quite as cynical as the others, and also we only did one deal.

As pointed out elsewhere - that southamnpton and ipswich have brought in more players than us, doesn't mean they've done better business than us - we shouldn't piss on our club just because other clubs have taken a different approach to recruitment.

Besides, my point isn't that we've done better than everyone, it's that we have, despite what the OP suggested, done something - that we haven't done nothing and that more-or-less we aren't any worse than most of the league.

If you step away from your hatred of the board to objectively look at our business this summer you'll see that it is fairly reasonable and in line with our position, that it stands out as neither remarkable or catastrophic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can you tell us from your vantage point in the future if we actually get this guy or not so we can close this thread and move on?

That boy is joining Hoffenheim

Might as well close it and move on! Keep the Ayew one open though, star signing of the summer for us

Edited by moore_94

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Means nothing? 

He gets a chance to play in the Prem or a relatively mid table bundesliga side having just won the competition 

He gets the chance to play in the Prem for one season before we get relegated and he goes back to the Bundesliga side that doesn't want him. He'd be the lead man for a team in the Europa League.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Means nothing? 

He gets a chance to play in the Prem or a relatively mid table bundesliga side having just won the competition 

From Bayers side they get a guaranteed fee beyond €14m. :dunno: