Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I've found the meltdowns on here hilarious,  however , with this being the first game in our return to the Premier League, talk of protests , banners and people being done with the club I find bemusing and ridiculous. 

The players need backing and this sort of crap , imo, does not help anything especially before a ball's kicked ffs.

The windows not closed and a lot can happen very quickly, possibly might already have been  you never know! 

Get a grip you drama queen's 

Absolute tosh.

So people expressing on a fans forum will impact the players more negatively than Cooper publicly stating they’re desperate for new players and five days later none have joined. 

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It isn’t just about KDH though and it isn’t hypothetical.

We previously had 4 strikers to choose from and now we are down to 1 who the manager seemingly doesn’t like so we are now very likely going to be using Mavididi out of his best position, therefore also having to use someone else in a position they don’t usually play in instead of him - even if both Vardy and Daka were fit going into the actual season with those 2 being our first choice options is dreadful.

For whatever reason it appears Cooper doesn’t want to use Ricardo in a pivot with Winks meaning our options for that pivot are now Winks, Ndidi, Choudhury, and Soumare. We could get away with Choudhury being an option if Winks got injured or suspended in the Championship but in the Prem the idea of us using 2 from Ndidi/Hamza/Soumare is horrifying.

The hypothetical element is that no one on earth can predict how a player will settle into their new team or what impact (good or bad) that will have on a team.  No one knows - we can only conjecture.

Regarding the striker situation - Nacho, for me was spent - he was ripe for replacement.  The other 2 we've 'lost' are injured. And even if fit, clearly we're looking to add to them otherwise this thread wouldn't exist.  What then do you expect the club to do - you can't sign players to cover short term injuries?  

I wouldn't have you down as the type of poster who has unreasonable expectations - but maybe we'll just have to deal with having ndidi/hamza/soumare as back ups this year - gasp! i know - shocking, but maybe we can't just go out and by superior players.  FWIW, i expect us to play much deeper this year, in which case i agree with cooper, i'd put ndidi in the middle rather than ricardo.

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

He's prepared to leave the bundesleague champions for us so I still think we have a decent chance.

This. We can pay more of his wages too, I still expect him to come here…. Would you turn down the chance to play in the PL? Especially if we go down and he does well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Means nothing? 

He gets a chance to play in the Prem or a relatively mid table bundesliga side having just won the competition 

This is also assuming that they'll want to sell him to a rival club.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I still think we get him. It’s shenanigans to get more for Hlozek. 

This isn’t a go at you…. How are they negotiating?? It’s a loan so surely we’re only matching his wage at Leverkusen?

27 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Why does that make you laugh, a well run club off the back of premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs would surely be able to attract young talent? The fact that we can’t surely shows they are right?

Following that logic So who was running the club when we won premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs? Who was director of football?

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

This isn’t a go at you…. How are they negotiating?? It’s a loan so surely we’re only matching his wage at Leverkusen?

Very true, but would be quite happy for us to throw in a goal bonus of some sort. 

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

I’m sure the players will not perform as well now because of fans discussing their honest opinions on fan forum designed discuss thoughts and opinions 😂

The point I'm making is not about drama queen's hissy fitting on the forum , as I'm sure you know 🤣, being defeatist and turning the first game of the season into a toxic atmosphere would be counterproductive and moronic in my opinion! 

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It isn’t just about KDH though and it isn’t hypothetical.

We previously had 4 strikers to choose from and now we are down to 1 who the manager seemingly doesn’t like so we are now very likely going to be using Mavididi out of his best position, therefore also having to use someone else in a position they don’t usually play in instead of him - even if both Vardy and Daka were fit going into the actual season with those 2 being our first choice options is dreadful.

For whatever reason it appears Cooper doesn’t want to use Ricardo in a pivot with Winks meaning our options for that pivot are now Winks, Ndidi, Choudhury, and Soumare. We could get away with Choudhury being an option if Winks got injured or suspended in the Championship but in the Prem the idea of us using 2 from Ndidi/Hamza/Soumare is horrifying.

This hasn't been spoken about enough, our midfield, along with our strikeforce, is dreadful and in the premier League it just won't wash. We need to ship Cannon on loan and bring in at least one striker seeing as it's apparent Daka will be here until the end of time and Vardy will have to play until he's 47. And ideally I would want Soumare gone and at the very least one box to box player and one attack minded MF.

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Obligation to buy part of the deal means we would also agree the contract he would join us on if/when the deal becomes permanent 

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

This is also assuming that they'll want to sell him to a rival club.

What's the advantages and disadvantages? Agreeing to sell to us on a loan with obligation next summer if we stay up means if we don't go up but he has a very good season then they may benefit from a larger sale to another club as we can't legally enforce the purchase.

The downside to this deal for them vs Hoffenheim is they get a guaranteed £15-16m this summer, less the remaining amortised book value for Hozlek which is circa £8m. So they get a current year guaranteed profit of £8m. But perhaps they don't want to sell to another Bundesliga club and perhaps they get more from us in loan fee and potential future fee than what Hoffenheim pay now.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Loan fee on top?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, ts_1010 said:

Very true, but would be quite happy for us to throw in a goal bonus of some sort. 

Surely that isn’t hard to negotiate though!? 

about an hour max!?

what on earth are we playing at. 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Close thread please. It ‘ain’t happening.

Might as well close all of them, as doesn't seem much development on any of them.

• Like 3

Just now, frany104 said:

Surely that isn’t hard to negotiate though!? 

about an hour max!?

what on earth are we playing at. 

It’s an interesting topic. Why does such seemingly tiny negotiations take a long time? Is it agents padding for time/other offers? Negotiation team do not understand time zones?

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Absolute tosh.

So people expressing on a fans forum will impact the players more negatively than Cooper publicly stating they’re desperate for new players and five days later none have joined. 

You're  welcome to your opinion , as am I , that point was my opinion! 

You think my opinion is absolute tosh I think you're being a drama queen, it's just opinions eh! 

21 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Yes, but, as i said, most of that list are on it by virtue of the fact of having brought in 6 rather than 5.  I'd argue that our FFP transfers weren't quite as cynical as the others, and also we only did one deal.

As pointed out elsewhere - that southamnpton and ipswich have brought in more players than us, doesn't mean they've done better business than us - we shouldn't piss on our club just because other clubs have taken a different approach to recruitment.

Besides, my point isn't that we've done better than everyone, it's that we have, despite what the OP suggested, done something - that we haven't done nothing and that more-or-less we aren't any worse than most of the league.

If you step away from your hatred of the board to objectively look at our business this summer you'll see that it is fairly reasonable and in line with our position, that it stands out as neither remarkable or catastrophic.

Just prove everyone here isn't some raving disillusioned loony including Steve Cooper whom has literally said it three times that new players are needed!

Season predictions from neutral parties 

Guardian 19th - https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/aug/12/premier-league-2024-25-preview-no-11-leicester-city

Business has been somewhat light, with the centre-back Caleb Okoli joining from Atalanta after last season’s loan with Frosinone and Bobby De Cordova-Reid arriving on a free from Fulham. The teenage midfielder Michael Golding has come from Chelsea and winger Abdul Fatawu made his loan from Sporting permanent but it has been quiet for a side who need to step up a level, although the financial issues explain that. The De Cordova-Reid signing is an indication of what Cooper wants because he likes having experienced Premier League players.

BBC 19th - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdrlyg088r5o 

Cooper and Leicester could defy the odds but it may well be a steep uphill struggle.

Telegraph - Relegated - https://archive.ph/cgH6V

It looks tough for Leicester, especially with the threat of a points deduction

Independent - Relegated - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-predictions-2024-25-preview-tips-b2596181.html

5 out of their 6 journalists have us down as relegated. 

Alan Shearer - 20th - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13746109/Alan-Shearer-predictions-Man-United-Champions-League.html

Opta - 18th https://theanalyst.com/2024/08/premier-league-predictions-2024-25-opta-supercomputer/

I have said my piece, so I will back off replying to the Norwegian Tourist fan 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Following that logic So who was running the club when we won premier league, fa cup and comm shield wins, and 3 European runs? Who was director of football?

Who was the manager of the club under all those trophy wins and tours, are they still in a job?