Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh he will from me. He's got the easiest job in the world of getting the fans onside by utilising our academy but instead he'll play players out of position and ignore our best player in Ricardo. 

He's a diabolical appointment

100% this, I don’t understand people on here defending him 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh he will from me. He's got the easiest job in the world of getting the fans onside by utilising our academy but instead he'll play players out of position and ignore our best player in Ricardo. 

He's a diabolical appointment

Even so, what the hell do you expect him to do? If he shows some grit and accountability (sorely lacking from the club) he's gets a lot more slack from me. Doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at decisions he makes or if he does the the above things but he's got close to a free pass now.

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Relax everyone there's lots of time in the window still to go.

Next week we'll pick another 3 players to try and get. 

And the week after that another 3.

I genuinely laughed because it almost turned into a cry. And still not half as pathetic as the jesters that run this club

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Relax everyone there's lots of time in the window still to go.

Next week we'll pick another 3 players to try and get. 

And the week after that another 3.

We've had months to sort this sniz out!! A week isn't long enough. That's out faff time length. 

We're a dead duck in this league, sadly

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

They must be on to their 10th choice striker now. Just get Smodicz or Broja on loan for the season before we end up with no one ffs 

Don’t look at the Smodicz news. Broja is shit.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Being a key man in getting us relegated wasn’t enough, only way he leaves is if Top sells up or the club gets liquidated

I would love to see Rudkin liquidated first. Like evil villains get done in Bond movies.

In fact, he even looks like Bond villain – just a really, really boring and rubbish one. "Dr. Maybe". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Even so, what the hell do you expect him to do? If he shows some grit and accountability (sorely lacking from the club) he's gets a lot more slack from me. Doesn't mean I won't get annoyed at decisions he makes or if he does the the above things but he's got close to a free pass now.

Don’t play Ndidi as a 10 in pre season when we have Alves on the bench who can’t get more than 10 minutes? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Don’t look at the Smodicz news. Broja is shit.

Looked decent for Southampton the other year. Id rather have him starting over Daka and Cannon. Surely we can match Ipswichs bid for Smodicz

Edited by South Shire Fox

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He wasn’t  my choice but feel for Cooper can’t blame Potter can you, he’d of walked out by now if we got him. Shambles. 

I’m going to say Cooper has a small part to play in this.

Clearly our ‘project’ is a dubious one - trying to survive with a point deduction hanging over us - and Cooper isn’t exactly a manager players are going to be excited to play for. 

That meant he really needed to show something with the players he had in pre-season to make the idea of joining us that bit more exciting.

If we had a couple of 2 or 3 nil wins, we at least look that bit more attractive for anyone looking to come in - and so perhaps should have treated the games as a bit more than just a run out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

When the striker you’ve been flirting with all night starts dancing with a German Fella

IMG_1343.png.9842f1cf7564aceb5e6810e4a343957f.png

I’d have thrown him into that hedge and told him he’s got no business wearing that tracksuit for a man his age.

At what point does Top actually realise Rudkin hasn't done his job this summer and that we've fvcked ourselves over for this season (in isolation)? 

When does he actually get a fvcking grip on proceedings and make some ruthless calls? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

When the striker you’ve been flirting with all night starts dancing with a German Fella

IMG_1343.png.9842f1cf7564aceb5e6810e4a343957f.png

Just look at the twerp and his ill-fitting trackie bottoms. 

If I were a professional footballer and this thing would turn up to the negotiations, I too would want to go elsewhere...

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's the advantages and disadvantages? Agreeing to sell to us on a loan with obligation next summer if we stay up means if we don't go up but he has a very good season then they may benefit from a larger sale to another club as we can't legally enforce the purchase.

The downside to this deal for them vs Hoffenheim is they get a guaranteed £15-16m this summer, less the remaining amortised book value for Hozlek which is circa £8m. So they get a current year guaranteed profit of £8m. But perhaps they don't want to sell to another Bundesliga club and perhaps they get more from us in loan fee and potential future fee than what Hoffenheim pay now.

I'm sure there are many reasons to do so or not - my thought was entirely from the point of view of not wanting to strengthen a rival club.  It feels like selling to us is likely to be more appealing to them.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was thinking this earlier. A year ago we would be paying less in wages and have no guarantee to players they'd be playing PL football and showcasing their abilities at the playground they all want to be on in a years time. Yet we got players in without this farce.

Last season was an easier sell - Enzo was an interesting appointment and of course he’s going to speak to incoming players about what he wants from them.

I can’t imagine the same sort of chat with Steve is going to go down the same.

There might also be a clue here as to why Fawatu took so long to announce too - because whilst the fee was an obligation I guess you still need to finalise and agree personal terms at that point. Maybe he/his agent wanted different terms to what was provisionally agreed at the start of the loan? 

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm sure there are many reasons to do so or not - my thought was entirely from the point of view of not wanting to strengthen a rival club.  It feels like selling to us is likely to be more appealing to them.

They seem to have accepted less this summer than we were going to pay them next summer. So frustrating.

We’ve lost out to a club that, that plays out out of a town with 3,300 inhabitants and only half fills its stadium unless they play Bayern, Dortmund or Bayer.

What on earth is going on.