Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

43 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Last season was an easier sell - Enzo was an interesting appointment and of course he’s going to speak to incoming players about what he wants from them.

I can’t imagine the same sort of chat with Steve is going to go down the same.

There might also be a clue here as to why Fawatu took so long to announce too - because whilst the fee was an obligation I guess you still need to finalise and agree personal terms at that point. Maybe he/his agent wanted different terms to what was provisionally agreed at the start of the loan? 

A loan with an obligation to buy is all sorted before the loan is agreed. The player has to agree personal terms and contract statuses because if the obligation is triggered, as was with Fatawu, then the player has to join.

If wages, contract length, clauses etc aren't agreed prior to the loan being agreed then the buying club could find their way out of the "obligation" should they want to by offering stupidly low wages to player knowing he'll turn it down and thus backing out of the deal 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’m going to say Cooper has a small part to play in this.

Clearly our ‘project’ is a dubious one - trying to survive with a point deduction hanging over us - and Cooper isn’t exactly a manager players are going to be excited to play for. 

That meant he really needed to show something with the players he had in pre-season to make the idea of joining us that bit more exciting.

If we had a couple of 2 or 3 nil wins, we at least look that bit more attractive for anyone looking to come in - and so perhaps should have treated the games as a bit more than just a run out.

No for me the lad won’t have even looked at pre season, last season maybe but pre season means nothing. We’re just a club in a sorry state. Can’t blame Cooper for this mess. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I wonder at what point (how long ago) we knew he wasn’t coming. And I wonder who we’ve put a bid in for, the next target, since we knew?

Given the level of competence we operate with, probably about 3 hours after that tweet went out. 

25 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’m going to say Cooper has a small part to play in this.

Clearly our ‘project’ is a dubious one - trying to survive with a point deduction hanging over us - and Cooper isn’t exactly a manager players are going to be excited to play for. 

That meant he really needed to show something with the players he had in pre-season to make the idea of joining us that bit more exciting.

If we had a couple of 2 or 3 nil wins, we at least look that bit more attractive for anyone looking to come in - and so perhaps should have treated the games as a bit more than just a run out.

Yeah - forest struggled to get anyone to sign for them ……

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A loan with an obligation to buy is all sorted before the loan is agreed. The player has to agree personal terms and contract statuses because of the obligation is triggered, as was with Fatawu, then the player has to join.

If wages, contract length, clauses etc aren't agreed prior to the loan being agreed then the buying club could find there way out of the "obligation" should they want to by offering stupidly low wages to player knowing he'll turn it down and thus backing out of the deal 

Whilst I agree - I would assume the concluding conditional transfer would still need to be formalised and relevant paperwork confirming the deal at that point signed - and that a player could potentially hold out their signature (not withstanding at the risk of being in breach of contract).

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Whilst I agree - I would assume the concluding conditional transfer would still need to be formalised and relevant paperwork confirming the deal at that point signed - and that a player could potentially hold out their signature (not withstanding at the risk of being in breach of contract).

The paperwork would be signed and it would be formalised as soon as the conditions are met to make the loan a permanent under the terms of the obligation. 

The player has already put his name to the deal. It would appear that Hlozek hadn't signed the deal with us yet because he was contemplating the terms of our offer because it could have become permanent if the terms were met. 

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Calm down.

Firstly, i've never denied we need signings, just pointed out that we, erm, have actually made some and aren't really performing that badly in the market, all things considered.  I certainly haven't accused anyone let alone everyone of being 'raving disillusioned loonies' - entitled, yes, sheep, yes, some other stuff, but not that - i just couldn't let such a false opinion, repeatedly stated, go by without comment.  

Thanks for sharing these predictions - but i have no interest in reading speculation of this kind and no idea what relevance it has to anything i've posted in this thread.

Oh, and "Norwegian Tourist Fan" - ha ha - cause i'm the only fan on here who doesn't live in leicester.  You know **** all about me or my connection to this club, so save you snide petty name-calling for someone you actually know the first thing about.

What's your connection with the club? You're surely on the payroll in some capacity aren't you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We are used as a tool by select agents. We agree to bid and generate interest from proper clubs and we are promised crumbs towards the end of a window in return. That’s what they’ve made us into. When you have a lazy chairman, DOF and CEO, all who have been handed a life by a maverick entrepreneur billionaire and earned nothing on merit, it’s what you get. Anyone who wants to act sensible and suggest this is normal, have a night off. This is embarrassing and the second time we’ve been the embarrassment of the PL window, I’m sorry my club is worth more than this. 

Absolutely nailed it 👍

• Like 2