Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is…. We were in a mess last season, but the difference between Enzo and Cooper is, Enzo came in and said “this how I do things, this is how it’s happening, if you don’t like it then I’ll be on my way”…. 

This sets a completely different tone. We were decisive, we went out and got our targets, the scouting was specific….. Enzo was very sure about what he wanted to do, and he demanded things were done his way…. And for an inexperienced manager this was quite remarkable. 

And the other thing was his ideas were clear to see from the off….. I can remember the first pre season friendly you could see the plan, even in its infancy…..

Cooper, seemingly has no plan, he’s given us a wet response “I’m not changing much” yet we’re unrecognisable….. we look lost, like they’ve never played together before….. 

Whereas Cooper cant control what goes on above him, but I feel he could have been a bit more assertive…. He looks a bit like a rabbit in headlights, a bit like he’s the substitute to the classes favourite teacher. 

I agree he’s not to blame for the mess, but I don’t think he’s come in and taken control of the situation either, not like Enzo did….

That's how I see it too. Sad but true. 

• Like 2

Club is on fire and we have a wet flannel (Rudkin) trying to put it out. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to join us, I've supported LCFC for 30+ years and even I'd think twice about joining the club right now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

New merch has just dropped in the club store!

HRGZplZ.png

Straight back down, straight back down Leicester City,

Straight back down, straight back down I say.

Straight back down, straight back down Leicester City,

Playing football the Rudkin way

OR

Whelan, Rudkin ‘n’ Top don’t stay

Edited by 5waller5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I don’t care about the opinion of those that defend the club now, I’ve tried to be balanced and give the club a chance. How many times can we blame variables we can’t control when it’s blatantly obvious this is just incompetence. 

We’ve had since the end of April early may to start work and yet again there appears to be no coherent plan and a scatter gun approach with pitiful outcomes. It’s amateur at best. 

And we watch our relegation rivals strengthen and we’re the ones with the likely handicap of a point deduction. 

While other teams have teams likely working throughout the summer our DOF was larking about on a boat and celebrating with Top. 

Yeah it's just purely embarrassing now. Absolute laughing stock of the division. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is…. We were in a mess last season, but the difference between Enzo and Cooper is, Enzo came in and said “this how I do things, this is how it’s happening, if you don’t like it then I’ll be on my way”…. 

This sets a completely different tone. We were decisive, we went out and got our targets, the scouting was specific….. Enzo was very sure about what he wanted to do, and he demanded things were done his way…. And for an inexperienced manager this was quite remarkable. 

And the other thing was his ideas were clear to see from the off….. I can remember the first pre season friendly you could see the plan, even in its infancy…..

Cooper, seemingly has no plan, he’s given us a wet response “I’m not changing much” yet we’re unrecognisable….. we look lost, like they’ve never played together before….. 

Whereas Cooper cant control what goes on above him, but I feel he could have been a bit more assertive…. He looks a bit like a rabbit in headlights, a bit like he’s the substitute to the classes favourite teacher. 

I agree he’s not to blame for the mess, but I don’t think he’s come in and taken control of the situation either, not like Enzo did….

Yeah, you're spot on with this. After Rodgers, I always wanted Benitez, because i felt he'd be a manager that'd be assertive, which is what this club needs, a senior manager who knows the game, players, the system of success of running a club, as it seems Top, Rudkin and Whelan don't have a scooby, and when the manager is just used to being a coach only as was probably the case at Forest, we end up in the position we're at.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

At what point does Top actually realise Rudkin hasn't done his job this summer and that we've fvcked ourselves over for this season (in isolation)? 

When does he actually get a fvcking grip on proceedings and make some ruthless calls? 

Never. 

He hasn't got it in him. Trusts all the wrong people and it's us he's happy to **** about. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 4

At least now we can sign Ayew on a 3 year contract to go with the one we gave Vesty ready for when we enter the seniors division 

I'd rather we just call it a day now and go with youth for the rest of the season. Give some kid out the academy a run out instead

Wait till the 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 defeats start happening. It’s going to be utterly embarrassing. We’ve got this all season as well.

It’s no wonder Enzo left!!!

We could have signed 3-4 players but Rudkin and especially Top don’t give a **** anymore. Sell the club, surely it can’t be any worse for this coming season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Yeah, you're spot on with this. After Rodgers, I always wanted Benitez, because i felt he'd be a manager that'd be assertive, which is what this club needs, a senior manager who knows the game, players, the system of success of running a club, as it seems Top, Rudkin and Whelan don't have a scooby, and when the manager is just used to being a coach only as was probably the case at Forest, we end up in the position we're at.

It’s clear they need the manager to guide them. As your say they’ve not got the foggiest what to do between them. I maintain that since Vichai’s tragic death, things haven’t been the same. Top just doesn’t have the same business head as his father, and I don’t think it’s unfair to suggest he’s now more reliant once the likes of Rudkin to run the show now he’s the boss. 

Vichai for as nice as a man he came across as, I don’t think suffered fools, and he knew how to run a large enterprise. Top needs to become more ruthless, and he needs to start by firing Rudkin, or removing him from his position and placing him somewhere else. We need a more football minded person to be along side him to help him make these decisions.  

This is why it is imperative you have a strong manager, Nigel, Claudio (season 1) Rodgers (initially before he tossed it) and Enzo. All were big characters and strong willed…. Cooper just doesn’t strike me as being that, I don’t think he can motivate this group, and I don’t think he’s strong enough to be like Enzo was…. Ultimately, we should have gone for a more similar profile to Enzo, we tried Potter and that didn’t materialise…. But there’s a couple of managers in the championship that would have been a better fit than Cooper…… 

Cooper is as @Ric Flair said…… the Welsh Steve Bruce. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s clear they need the manager to guide them. As your say they’ve not got the foggiest what to do between them. I maintain that since Vichai’s tragic death, things haven’t been the same. Top just doesn’t have the same business head as his father, and I don’t think it’s unfair to suggest he’s now more reliant once the likes of Rudkin to run the show now he’s the boss. 

Vichai for as nice as a man he came across as, I don’t think suffered fools, and he knew how to run a large enterprise. Top needs to become more ruthless, and he needs to start by firing Rudkin, or removing him from his position and placing him somewhere else. We need a more football minded person to be along side him to help him make these decisions.  

This is why it is imperative you have a strong manager, Nigel, Claudio (season 1) Rodgers (initially before he tossed it) and Enzo. All were big characters and strong willed…. Cooper just doesn’t strike me as being that, I don’t think he can motivate this group, and I don’t think he’s strong enough to be like Enzo was…. Ultimately, we should have gone for a more similar profile to Enzo, we tried Potter and that didn’t materialise…. But there’s a couple of managers in the championship that would have been a bette react than Cooper…… 

Cooper is as @Ric Flair said…… the Welsh Steve Bruce. 

absolutely, we never should have resigned Vestegaard, at least not the contract we offered, and i'd say the same for N'didi, who i predict will be a passenger this season, I hope I'm wrong on that one

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

absolutely, we never should have resigned Vestegaard, at least not the contract we offered, and i'd say the same for N'didi, who i predict will be a passenger this season, I hope I'm wrong on that one

I think you will be regards ndidi. To think we would have got someone as capable on loan or for a transfer fee <20m is mad. Get him doing what he does best and he’s one of the best. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Club is on fire and we have a wet flannel (Rudkin) trying to put it out. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to join us, I've supported LCFC for 30+ years and even I'd think twice about joining the club right now. 

Our pre-season form was so bad, that most of the players we need would not consider joining.

9 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

All these excuses why we’ve not got deals over the line in recent times. No coincidence it has coincided with our financial woes - and it’s widely known. We’re toxic! It’s like Chernobyl FC approaching players in the mid to late 80s.

Interesting though on one hand we have people saying we have overpaid new signings and that is why we cannot move them on, then we have the why can't we get these new players to sign brigade who seem to want us to pay whatever it takes to get them to sign even if they don't want to come and we have to overpay.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Funny reading some of the earlier pages and seeing the "we'll be fine" types with egg on their faces (as per), you cannot blame being for being sceptical, we have a track record of this sort of thing. They should start on the back foot. I just find it amazing how many people's default position always returns to trusting those in charge. How many times do they have to prove to you how inept they are?

I highly doubt they were ever in for Ioannidis as well. Bullshitted Percy just to make it look like something was happening.

We've been promoted for three and a half ****ing months and we have a worse side than we went up with going into our first game. Stop ****ing gaslighting and pretending that this is normal procedure. Look around at other clubs.

We're the worst run club in the top flight by a mile. I think only people like Chansiri and that Reading owner are worse in the top three leagues (assume West Brom's has now gone). Disgusting.

Well said 👌 chapeau! 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

And this is the most likely reason they went with Cooper, Enzo was the first hope we genuinely had that Rudkin might be shown the door. The argument we couldn’t afford £4m for Corberan is nonsense. 

Ego’s don’t like to be challenged.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

And this is the most likely reason they went with Cooper, Enzo was the first hope we genuinely had that Rudkin might be shown the door. The argument we couldn’t afford £4m for Corberan is nonsense. 

Ego’s don’t like to be challenged.

Pretty clear that comment he made about ‘changes at the top’ in order to stay were clearly about Rudkin 

• Like 4

Just now, KFS said:

Pretty clear that comment he made about ‘changes at the top’ in order to stay were clearly about Rudkin 

100%. The scariest thing is that Rudkin is the main point of contact regarding anything involving finances with the club when it comes to the manager. Being lied to about finances would also have been on Rudkin.

4 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Calm down.

Firstly, i've never denied we need signings, just pointed out that we, erm, have actually made some and aren't really performing that badly in the market, all things considered.  I certainly haven't accused anyone let alone everyone of being 'raving disillusioned loonies' - entitled, yes, sheep, yes, some other stuff, but not that - i just couldn't let such a false opinion, repeatedly stated, go by without comment.  

Thanks for sharing these predictions - but i have no interest in reading speculation of this kind and no idea what relevance it has to anything i've posted in this thread.

Oh, and "Norwegian Tourist Fan" - ha ha - cause i'm the only fan on here who doesn't live in leicester.  You know **** all about me or my connection to this club, so save you snide petty name-calling for someone you actually know the first thing about.

Yeah, you’re Rudkin

5 hours ago, nathan lavery said:

Just ready for the club to tweet this on Tuesday after being stuffed 3-0 at home by Spurs.

”Ayew excited foxes fans 👀 🦊

I’ll be rattled beyond belief.

I’ll be replying and stating *Fudge NO”!